Thread: Home playoff scenario??

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Home playoff scenario??

At the risk of making someone's head explode, what (if any) is/are the scenarios that could have the Jets hosting a wild card playoff game?

The only obvious one I see is winning the division (run the table and Pats lose the last two). Any others?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318
    At the risk of making someone's head explode, what (if any) is/are the scenarios that could have the Jets hosting a wild card playoff game?

The only obvious one I see is winning the division (run the table and Pats lose the last two). Any others?
    That's the only one.
    The other extremely remote possibility is the Jets are the 5 seed and play the 6 seed in the AFC Championship game

All Pro
    I'm not sure we sant to be home. The team, and most specifically Chad, probably have played better on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318

Somehow getting the number 5 seed and meeting the number 6 seed in the AFC championship....not happening.

All League
    Wild Cards can never host a playoff game unless they are playing the other wild card team

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan
    I'm not sure we sant to be home. The team, and most specifically Chad, probably have played better on the road.
    you obviously don't have season tickets and did not recently send off a big check to the Jets for playoff tickets...

Hall Of Fame
    With the Jets it's called the home field disadvantage.