Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Penguin shake Brian's hand?

Will Penguin shake Brian's hand?

There's been some speculation of late that Al Davis may interview Brian Schottenheimer for the Head Coach job with the Raiders, particularly if they draft Brady Quinn. Brian did a great job with Drew Brees and has made the most of limited weapons as the Jets' OC.

If this were to happen, would Mangini shake Brian's hand at game's end next season?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by duitmawae
    There's been some speculation of late that Al Davis may interview Brian Schottenheimer for the Head Coach job with the Raiders, particularly if they draft Brady Quinn. Brian did a great job with Drew Brees and has made the most of limited weapons as the Jets' OC.

If this were to happen, would Mangini shake Brian's hand at game's end next season?

He better not leave. Can we have an offensive coordinator atleast a good one who can stay for more thna 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Why would anyone want the Oakland Raider job?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    There's been some speculation of late that Al Davis may interview Brian Schottenheimer for the Head Coach job with the Raiders, particularly if they draft Brady Quinn.
    There has?

Veteran
    Ryan will get promoted to the head coaching job over there. Their defense is no joke. It's the offense that all about laughs.

Take two
    It's not the same dynamic as with Belichick and Mangini. Schott and Mangini weren't side by side for years.

You can only hope that these two stay together (here) for a long time.

The Jets have far better weapons than the Raiders.

Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery are both better than Randy Moss.

Randy Moss has to be one of the worst starting WRs in the NFL this year, not only statistically but in other senses of quality. The opposing defense knows if Moss is a key part of a play depending on his body language at the line of scrimmage. He tells the safeties right away whether it is a run play or not.

Practice Squad
    he may be under contract guys... lets not worry about it...

he cant interview for the job if the jets dont let him if he is under contract

JetsFan2012
    Why wouldn't he shake his hand?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NyJeTsFaNx93
    he may be under contract guys... lets not worry about it...

he cant interview for the job if the jets dont let him if he is under contract
    I don't think that it matters that he is under contract because he is getting a higher position.

Hall Of Fame
    Is there a link for this or is this just something started on the Raiders message boards?

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    Why wouldn't he shake his hand?
    cause Belichicken's influence may have rubbed off on him, that's why.

Veteran
    I don't think mangini's personality is anything like the robot BB

Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    Is there a link for this or is this just something started on the Raiders message boards?
    No link as far as I know...mentioned on another Jets board...maybe nothing to it.

Brian's thin coaching experience is probably a deal breaker, but when you think about it there are many reasons such an interview might take place:

*Shell is a goner.

*Oakland's O is the pits.

*Following the success of the Penguin, young HCs are in.

*Brian's coaching pedigree.

*Brian's teaching skills.

*Brian's success with Brees (especially if the plan is to dress Brady Quinn in black and silver).

*Brian's success with the Jets' limited weapons on O, especially the lack of a running game.

Al Davis, hope u r not reading this!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Belichick doesn't acknowledge Mangini because he went to an organization he despises and also because of the Branch controversy. Unless Brian gives Mangini something to believe he screwed him over, I seriously doubt Mangini would ever pull anything like that.

Coordinators leave HC's all the time, happens every season.

BTW, this is a totally bogus rumor.

Hall Of Fame
    No link as far as I know...mentioned on another Jets board...maybe nothing to it.

Brian's thin coaching experience is probably a deal breaker, but when you think about it there are many reasons such an interview might take place:

*Shell is a goner.

*Oakland's O is the pits.

*Following the success of the Penguin, young HCs are in.

*Brian's coaching pedigree.

*Brian's teaching skills.

*Brian's success with Brees (especially if the plan is to dress Brady Quinn in black and silver).

*Brian's success with the Jets' limited weapons on O, especially the lack of a running game.

Al Davis, hope u r not reading this!
    That's great, thanks for the heartburn.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    I don't think that it matters that he is under contract because he is getting a higher position.
    If he's under contract, the Jets would HAVE to grant the Raiders permission to talk to him.

If strength and conditioning coach Rick Lyle get traded to the Toronto Blue Jays and he runs into Mangini in the supermarket will Mangini pick his nose for him?

This thread is really dumb. Who cares about how many hands Mangini shakes it all about how many football games he wins. Belichick is a douche but he wins games and I really doubt that any of you would have a problem with the hand shaking thing if he was here because it just doesn't matter.

dump

The last thing this offense needs is ANOTHER coordinator so they all can learn ANOTHER offense. That certainly would piss me off if I were Mangini.

Up his pay so he doesn't have any reason to leave.

All Pro
    I'm not getting into this,there's no concrete evidence to this story.
    No Link < No need to Think..

All League
    Were is this coming from. NO Link?
    did you hear it on a sports program?
    How are you getting this (rumor) Information?