Thread: Jets vs. Colts

Veteran

Jets vs. Colts

Assuming a win over the Raiders next week the Jets will play the Colts in the first round of the playoffs. The colts run defense is horrible, the RCA Dome will help Pennington, i.e., no wind, rain etc. and also help Nugent and the kicking game. The Jet defense has improved since the last time the two teams met and the Colts are reeling and second guessing themselves with their abysmal play of late. Looks like the kind of match-up we just might win. Looking forward to going to Indy?

All Pro
    Chad plays great indoors-I like our chances---Oakland first though...Oakland first

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET
    Assuming a win over the Raiders next week the Jets will play the Colts in the first round of the playoffs. The colts run defense is horrible, the RCA Dome will help Pennington, i.e., no wind, rain etc. and also help Nugent and the kicking game. The Jet defense has improved since the last time the two teams met and the Colts are reeling and second guessing themselves with their abysmal play of late. Looks like the kind of match-up we just might win. Looking forward to going to Indy?
    sorry but it's not that easy. the collective outcomes of the baltimore, indy, NE, and denver games need to be known in addition to assuming a jets win to figure out who the jets would in fact be playing. they can be playing any of the following:

-indy (most likely)
    -NE
    -baltimore

Veteran
    There really isnt 1 team in the playoffs run right now that "scares" me. We can handle the Colts who are playing terrible now and always find a way to lose in playoffs, Mangini can go 2-1 against Pats, Schott in the playoffs is I think 5-12 all time and the Jets own that team. I know they have LT, but they did for a few years and we still win. Jets baby, this is our year!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    sorry but it's not that easy. the collective outcomes of the baltimore, indy, NE, and denver games need to be known in addition to assuming a jets win to figure out who the jets would in fact be playing. they can be playing any of the following:

-indy (most likely)
    -NE
    -baltimore
    I stand corrected. I should have said we will most likely face the Colts if we make the playoffs. I took a leap of faith.

Hall Of Fame
    If we do play the colts, I like our chances. We played them before and lost in the last minute of the game. I think we match up good against them and could upset them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathis81
    There really isnt 1 team in the playoffs run right now that "scares" me. We can handle the Colts who are playing terrible now and always find a way to lose in playoffs, Mangini can go 2-1 against Pats, Schott in the playoffs is I think 5-12 all time and the Jets own that team. I know they have LT, but they did for a few years and we still win. Jets baby, this is our year!
    Um, the Jets haven't even clinched a playoff position yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET

actually if the fins beat the colts and Pats win, then we will go to NE next week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Does Shanahan give you nightmares during the day too, or is it only an every night thing?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    That's right, genius. Last week you told us the Jets had only an "outside shot" at the playoffs. I commend you for your willingness to keep showing up despite your glaring lack of credibility.

Simple logic reveals that if you are negative all the time you are condemned to be wrong a disproportionate amount of the time. But this, I think, is omething that you don't consider in your petty world. For the short term, it makes you feel so much bigger to piss on other people's joy, even when you are wrong, or likely to be.