Thread: Dr. Z Power Rankings..Jets burst into the top 10 with hot streaks

Practice Squad

Dr. Z Power Rankings..Jets burst into the top 10 with hot streaks

8 New York Jets

New York Jets (9-6)
    I mean is this a fun team to root for? Every week someone seems to come up with the game of a lifetime. Two weeks ago it was Laveranues Coles against the Vikings. On Monday night it was little Leon Washington, busting a screen pass for 64 yards through the Miami gloom and rain, putting on the sweetest moves you ever saw, to salvage a game that appeared to be slipping away.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rt1/index.html

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JUMBOJET
    8 New York Jets

New York Jets (9-6)
    I mean is this a fun team to root for? Every week someone seems to come up with the game of a lifetime. Two weeks ago it was Laveranues Coles against the Vikings. On Monday night it was little Leon Washington, busting a screen pass for 64 yards through the Miami gloom and rain, putting on the sweetest moves you ever saw, to salvage a game that appeared to be slipping away.

There is an important point in this paragraph and something we needed to see happen for the Jets... they won without relying on Pennington to carry them on his shoulders. Other players stepped up and showed that this team is made of several playmakers. That's actually a good thing and should give us greater confidence in our chances, rather than less. The thing that worried me most about the Jets was that their wins and losses pretty much paralleled Pennington's performance. The Miami game was an example of the team finding other resources to win. It's the best thing that can happen, especially at this time of the year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun
    There is an important point in this paragraph and something we needed to see happen for the Jets... they won without relying on Pennington to carry them on his shoulders. Other players stepped up and showed that this team is made of several playmakers. That's actually a good thing and should give us greater confidence in our chances, rather than less. The thing that worried me most about the Jets was that their wins and losses pretty much paralleled Pennington's performance. The Miami game was an example of the team finding other resources to win. It's the best thing that can happen, especially at this time of the year.

especially bc coming into this year we thought we had NO playmakers

now, we can say we have Coles, Cotchery, Washington, and whoever will step up vs. the Raiders

Veteran
    So who's up this week?

I think it's time for a little Chris Baker action in the red zone.

Dr. Z has us at #8

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TerpJet
    So who's up this week?

I think it's time for a little Chris Baker action in the red zone.
    I agree. He's hard to tackle and the Jets just don't seem to use him enough. I thought he would break out this year with Schotty calling the plays but it may be Pennington not throwing him the ball.

Although he does not rank the Jets has high as Dr Z I still like Ham's better. More fun to read I like the way Ham shows his affection or lack of for the team being reviewed. These national guys have to be to PC for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS
    I agree. He's hard to tackle and the Jets just don't seem to use him enough. I thought he would break out this year with Schotty calling the plays but it may be Pennington not throwing him the ball.
    or it may have something to do with who his QB is and how much protection he requires...he stays home to block an awful lot.