Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another infuriating Inside the NFL...

Hall Of Fame

Another infuriating Inside the NFL...

Seems like Costas is the only one with half a brain:

They all picked the Jets to beat the Raiders, so Costas says "We all like the Jets to win", and Cris Carter says "We don't like the Jets; we picked the Jets."

WTF? Was that necessary? The best part was later in the show when the 3 Stooges all admit they don't have SB rings.

Banned
    Worst show ever.

All League
    Its become painful to watch

Thank god for NFL Network

Now I dont have to watch the buffoons on espn or hbo

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum

They all picked the Jets to beat the Raiders, so Costas says "We all like the Jets to win", and Cris Carter says "We don't like the Jets; we picked the Jets."

WTF? Was that necessary? The best part was later in the show when the 3 Stooges all admit they don't have SB rings.

Costas has half a brain too, the other half of his head is filled with his ego

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Cris Carter's an idiot then!

Oh and we all owe a big THANK YOU to Michael Irvin. He was the only one who picked the Fins to beat the Jets, and before he gave his prediction, they were talking about how lousy he was at picking! Thanks Michael!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    They never should have gotten rid of Len Dawson and Nick Buonticonti. The show has been crap ever since.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS
    They never should have gotten rid of Len Dawson and Nick Buonticonti. The show has been crap ever since.
    Tom Brookshire and Pat Summerall were the best.

Am I showing my age?!?!?!?

Rookie
    That show has hit rock bottom, too bad it used to be the best.

Hall Of Fame
    Question. Did they even show the Jets-Fins highlights? I watched the show but didn't see them doing the highlight of the game. Did I miss it?

If they didn't play the highlights then that is simply idiotic.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum

yea I caught that too quantum-Carter is an idiot-and what was up with them not even showing the Jets highlights but instead showing the Titans and Bills-neither of whom will be playing after Sunday? Where's my Rodney Dangerfield picture of him tugging on his tie saying "I'll tell ya-I get no respect"

Veteran
    I love it. Hate away, baby. Hate away.

I only worry when people give too much praise.
    The dark horse is a wonderful role.

Carter is bitter because the JETS owned him for years.

Banned
    Chris Carter is obviously the weak link on Inside the NFL

It's not even about his Jet hating, I could care less because his rips are usually dry as a desert breeze, he's not even funny, he's just like this boring Mr. Potatohead who brings absolutely nothing to the dance

If I produced that show I would fire Chris Carter {i.e. unload the weak link} and hire Shannon Sharpe

I know some folks hate Shannon Sharpe too, but that's not the point, everyone will infuriate you at times, but Shannon Sharpe definitely has personality and I think he has a terrific sense of humor {and timing} as well

IMO they have a nice mix on ITNFL, it can be a really good show with Costas, Marino and Collingsworth, but they have to unload the DEAD WOOD, Mr. Potatohead, who's really dragging the show down all by himself .. and I'd replace him with Shannon Sharpe who has really grown on me, I didn't think he would be THIS GOOD

JMO
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 12-28-2006 at 12:25 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Chris Carter is obviously the weak link on Inside the NFL

It's not even about his Jet hating, I could care less because his rips are usually dry as a desert breeze, he's not even funny, he's just like this boring Mr. Potatohead who brings absolutely nothing to the dance

If I produced that show I would fire Chris Carter {i.e. unload the weak link} and hire Shannon Sharpe

I know some folks hate Shannon Sharpe too, but that's not the point, everyone will infuriate you at times, but Shannon Sharpe definitely has personality and I think he has a terrific sense of humor {and timing} as well

IMO they have a nice mix on ITNFL, it can be a really good show with Costas, Marino and Collingsworth, but they have to unload the DEAD WOOD, Mr. Potatohead, who's really dragging the show down all by himself .. and I'd replace him with Shannon Sharpe

JMO
    Shannon needs to work on his speech still... when he gets worked up, he has marbles in his mouth.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Tom Brookshire and Pat Summerall were the best.

Am I showing my age?!?!?!?
    You must be because they never hosted Inside the NFL!! Jimmy Johnson was on as was Jerry Glanville!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Repoman75

Shannon needs to work on his speech still... when he gets worked up, he has marbles in his mouth.
    True, but he's funny .. I thought he was obnoxious as a player, never dreamed I would like him as a broadcaster, but I've done a complete 180 on Shannon Sharpe .. I'd be lying if I didn't admit he cracks me up

Michael Irvin being on any show just shows you how corrupt and all about the money the media biz is...the guy can't speak, is completely ignorant and is a convicted drug abuser and rapist....nice role model for the NFL to be rolling out there....we all know why he's there...but what an absolute disgrace he is....

All Pro
    Carter has always hated the Jets and he has no choice but to be honest about it. If he lied, the expression of those eyebrows would defintely give him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    True, but he's funny .. I thought he was obnoxious as a player, never dreamed I would like him as a broadcaster, but I've done a complete 180 on Shannon Sharpe .. I'd be lying if I didn't admit he cracks me up
    I took a flight to Atlanta GA on a Sunday night a few months back...it was a 9:00 flight out of LAG and he was on the flight...he was still in his suit from the studio show that day...so we get to GA around midnight and the last 2 bags to come up were his and mine..just standing next to each other with the place completely empty waiting like two mutts for our bags....he is freakin huge and seemed like a real nice guy to the people who came up to him....very quite though....opposite to him on the air.....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAKA1127
    Michael Irvin being on any show just shows you how corrupt and all about the money the media biz is...the guy can't speak, is completely ignorant and is a convicted drug abuser and rapist....nice role model for the NFL to be rolling out there....we all know why he's there...but what an absolute disgrace he is....

Imagine Irvin & Sharpe together..we wouldn't be able to understand a word..hell, if they were on the radio together we wouldn't even be able to tell what sport they were broadcasting..