Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coles Unhappy to face Pats (Harrison Playing??)

Banned

Exclamation Coles Unhappy to face Pats (Harrison Playing??)

Coles unhappy to face Patriots

It might be everybody's dream playoff matchup - Jets versus Patriots - but Laveranues Coles isn't everybody. He was hoping for a different first-round opponent.

"I guess we didn't have much luck," Coles said yesterday. "They're an excellent football team and I really didn't want to play them in the first round ... New England is a totally different team in the playoffs. When you watch them, they're the last team you ever want to see in the playoffs."

The two AFC East rivals split the season series, each winning on the road: The Patriots won the first meeting, 24-17, with the Jets taking the rematch, 17-14.

In the Bill Belichick era, the Patriots are 10-1 in the postseason, winning three Super Bowls.

"We're playing a team that's lived in the playoffs for quite a few years and that locker room is filled with playoff experience," said Eric Mangini, a member of Belichick's staff for all three titles.

Notebook

NICK NICKED: Rookie C Nick Mangold (knee) probably will appear on tomorrow's injury report. He was a "little bit sore" and received treatment yesterday for an injury suffered late in the first half of Sunday's win over the Raiders, Mangini said.

Mangold returned to the game, so he should be ready for Sunday. He already has developed a reputation as a tough guy, missing only two snaps this season despite eye, hip and knee injuries.

BACK IN A CORNER: The big injury question this week surrounds CB Andre Dyson (sprained knee), who was expected to miss two-to-four weeks after getting hurt in the next-to-last game.

Veteran David Barrett, a former starter, replaced Dyson in the season finale, earning praise from Mangini for his forced fumble on WR Johnnie Morant. But Barrett wasn't really tested by the Raiders' inept passing attack. It could be a different story against Tom Brady & Co.

DIRTY POOL: Patriots S Rodney Harrison, the heart and soul of their defense, suffered an apparent knee injury on what he felt was a dirty play by Titans WR Bobby Wade. Harrison said he expects to face the Jets.

Rich Cimini
    Article.

All League
    dude, that article is typical Cimini making Coles look like he's scared. Who really does want to face a team that's 10-1 over the past 5 yrs or whatever in the playoffs... sheesh...

Also, turn on ESPN... Harrison might be out for the entire playoffs.

Banned
    Not for nothing..but he sounds like Herm..what I wanted to hear was..''If we want to win a Super Bowl,we have to go through Foxboro''..sometimes Coles should just shut up..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetChefJR
    dude, that article is typical Cimini making Coles look like he's scared. Who really does want to face a team that's 10-1 over the past 5 yrs or whatever in the playoffs... sheesh...

Also, turn on ESPN... Harrison might be out for the entire playoffs.
    Ive read and heard all about Harrison..don't shoot the messenger.

Rookie
    He's being honest and what else is supposed to say?
    They suck and were gonna kick their ass
    If/When the Jets knock the Pats out of the playoffs
    that would be like LAA beating the Yankees in the playoffs

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    2 THINGS:

To be the best, ya gotta beat the best!

New England is gonna fall sometime, may as well be now!

Banned
    I get the feeling from reading this that LC is egging them on..I think he is trying to portray that he, along with the team is scared..but they really aren't. I think he is mind****ing the Patriots!

Charter JI Member
    reverse psychology
    nice work Lav

Agreed

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    2 THINGS:

To be the best, ya gotta beat the best!

New England is gonna fall sometime, may as well be now!

In the words of the 16-time World Heavyweight Champion...
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hall Of Fame
    If I were the Jets I wouldn't want to face the Patsies either. The Pats have done an awful lot of winning there. I thought the most ideal matchup for the Jets would have been Indy. However, that didn't work out so here we are.

The Patsies are very tough to beat in the playoffs, so in order to win, the Jets will need to have a better gameplan and the players will need to elevate there play moreso than they have all season.

The Jets can do it, but I think the likelihood of it happening is very slim......

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    reverse psychology
    nice work Lav

Veteran
    In the words of the 16-time World Heavyweight Champion...
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Or my boy Ric Flair.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    reverse psychology
    nice work Lav

yup

he used the name thing first time around, now this

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    I get the feeling from reading this that LC is egging them on..I think he is trying to portray that he, along with the team is scared..but they really aren't. I think he is mind****ing the Patriots!
    So he does not respect the Patriots and their 10 - 1 winning record in the playoffs? He is actually saying that he does not respect that

Spin spin spin

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells

sometimes Coles should just shut up..
    Think Coles is looking forward to going across the middle against the Pats secondary trying to nab one of PennyBoy's patented wounded duck floaters?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Think Coles is looking forward to going across the middle against the Pats secondary trying to nab one of PennyBoy's patented wounded duck floaters?

without harrison ?

yup

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    well, the guy catches everything, so why the hell not?? he didnt have any problem catching passes against Green Bay, and their secondary is a lot tougher than New England's is.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC
    So he does not respect the Patriots and their 10 - 1 winning record in the playoffs? He is actually saying that he does not respect that

Spin spin spin
    He should respect that 10-1 playoff record. And all of the great players that helped make it.

Ty Law
    Willie McGinnis
    Adam Vinitari
    Deion Branch
    Rodney Harrison

Just to name a few. Oh, that's right. They will not be playing for the Patriots. So much for history.

Coles is right...

Patriots are the last team you ever want to play in the playoffs

I think instead of trying to make it sound like Coles is a ***** and is scared, that you should embrace what he said and pay respect to the best team in the NFL for the past few years