Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Cowher done

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,216

    Cowher done

    As per ESPN

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back Home!
    Posts
    8,768
    WOW. Kinda guessed it, but try to imagine if somebody told you he would be done,before the season started

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,216
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinEra
    WOW. Kinda guessed it, but try to imagine if somebody told you he would be done,before the season started
    A very good coach IMO. The Steelers will be a mess for a while.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bethel, CT
    Posts
    11,242
    Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC
    A very good coach IMO. The Steelers will be a mess for a while.

    well that whisenhunt guy is on everyones short list, 99% chance the cowher move was moved up by 4 days so the steelers could keep him, so I think they're in OK shape

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DA BX
    Posts
    936
    He should've just retired after the Super Bowl win just like Bettis.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,278
    you kinda sensed he pulled a riley...got my ring, tried to defend it, failed miserably, so i'm outtie....its cool, he was a good coach....i hate the f'n stealers...AND YES ITS SPELLED STEALERS, GET IT?

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Coconut Creek, FL
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    well that whisenhunt guy is on everyones short list, 99% chance the cowher move was moved up by 4 days so the steelers could keep him, so I think they're in OK shape
    Rumor has it Nick Saban will take tha Steeler job

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back Home!
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetfan2003
    Rumor has it Nick Saban will take tha Steeler job
    WTF??? He just took the Alabama coaching position???? What a stupid rumor

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,216
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony1x
    He should've just retired after the Super Bowl win just like Bettis.
    Stealer fans were calling for Cowhers head for years. Right up until the playoffs started last year. Now they will understand how good they had it all those years.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Middle of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetfan2003
    Rumor has it Nick Saban will take tha Steeler job

    I got the joke, pretty funny. Some people take this board so seriously reality statrts to blurrrrr

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,091
    i hate the steelers, although they're not a true rival or anything. but next year when the jets play them, boy will that sideline look weird without his scrowl and his chin...

    a good coach who got his bowl and had a shred of dignity. too bad i'll never say the same thing about ol' belichoke

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,101
    He'll be back in a year.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,732
    Quote Originally Posted by PMCRW
    you kinda sensed he pulled a riley...got my ring, tried to defend it, failed miserably, so i'm outtie....its cool, he was a good coach....i hate the f'n stealers...AND YES ITS SPELLED STEALERS, GET IT?
    thats an unfair comparison...cowher coached the steelers for 14 years before winning a superbowl...riley weasled out of the knick job, failed to win a title with the heat, then came back to coach when the team was reconfigured to his liking...

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DA BX
    Posts
    936
    I feel sorry for his family, he'll shower them more often now.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    2,137
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinEra
    WOW. Kinda guessed it, but try to imagine if somebody told you he would be done,before the season started

    Jerome Bettis did say it before the season. Cowher was mad at him for spilling the beans.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,843
    Quote Originally Posted by flgreen
    He'll be back in a year.
    I think the Steelers have him under contract for the next 2 years so he can't come back and coach another team unless that gets worked out somehow. Would he come back to the Steelers in a year(?), probably not.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bethel, CT
    Posts
    11,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair Thomas
    I think the Steelers have him under contract for the next 2 years so he can't come back and coach another team unless that gets worked out somehow. Would he come back to the Steelers in a year(?), probably not.
    over 15 years, he must have a ton of cash.....he'll probably go jimmy johnson style, do the weekend TV gig, and field offers when he is eligible to take them...I can see him coaching UNC maybe

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC
    Stealer fans were calling for Cowhers head for years. Right up until the playoffs started last year. Now they will understand how good they had it all those years.

    Agree 100%. There is something to be said for stability and consistency. The Steelers saw the playoffs a lot under Cowher, went to the SB twice and won once. As a Jets fan I'd sign up for that in a second.

    My guess is that Cowher departs for a year or two, does some work on ESPN or Fox and then gets the itch again.....He'll be back, like Parcells he's an addict. These guys can't stay away too long.

  19. #19
    i thought the title of the thread said "chowder is done" i couldnt understand why a patriots fan posted the thread and why everyone was talking about cowher.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck in Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    Agree 100%. There is something to be said for stability and consistency. The Steelers saw the playoffs a lot under Cowher, went to the SB twice and won once. As a Jets fan I'd sign up for that in a second.

    My guess is that Cowher departs for a year or two, does some work on ESPN or Fox and then gets the itch again.....He'll be back, like Parcells he's an addict. These guys can't stay away too long.
    These guys just suffer from burnout. Who can blame them it is a VERY demanding job. A year or 2 he'll be restless and he'll be back coaching.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us