Thread: Mangini on WFAN at 1:25

Veteran

Mangini on WFAN at 1:25

Will be on w/ Franscesa...just a heads up

Can't listen at work... if anybody gets a chance to tune in, a recap will be greatly appreciated

All League
    THank god the little elf is sick.. Maybe we can some intelligent questions.

Also, I'm curious how many times Mike will refer to Parcells..."Eric, When you worked for Parcells...." - "Eric, being a Parcells desciple...." etc.

I'll set the over/under at 4-6.

Undrafted Free Agent
    you can get it at wfan.com if you have speakers

All League
    Bump

Veteran
    This site kicks ass, I just turned on the radio, bc of the post yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by joekool2
    you can get it at wfan.com if you have speakers
    No speakers right now... can anyone recap?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF
    This site kicks ass, I just turned on the radio, bc of the post yeah baby!
    you're welcome

Practice Squad
    not much to recap. If you've read the papers the past two weeks your up to date.

I love Mangini, but this guy will not give you much at all in an interview.

Veteran
    My recap...was able to listen while eating lunch.

1. Thoughts on final moments sun after clinching.

-- Great sense of accomplishment, making the playoffs was the #1 goal coming into the season.

2. More important, coming up w/ a new gameplan or execution?

-- They'll try to add new wrinkles to the gameplan, but the key is execution. The only way to beat a great football team is to execute.

3. They've had trouble w/ hard running teams..comments?

-- Its hard going against 3 different running backs that have kind of different styles. He felt the Jets have made progress throughout the year stopping the run. But their running game is very tough and they always have a great gameplan.

4. Do you forget about what was done in the regular season, or utilize whats been done to fire up the troops?

-- Although its the playoffs and more intense, they still need to plan to play the game the same way they've done for the past 16 weeks.

-- Key to the season started early with bringing in smart, talented football players. Its essential to have smart players who can adjust to the gameplans week in and week out.

5. Thoughts on Chad

-- Hard woker. And very determined

6. Thoughts on Mangold

-- Always involved early w/ teams from high school to college to pros , has always just jumped in and been successful.

7. Thoughts on Fergueson.

-- Same as mangold...Has gotten better, and more comfortable each and every week. Has done a great job learning the position and going up against some of the top talent in the league.

8. Those guys vs. Pats D-LINE

-- Pats are tough, consistant, and great technicians...it'll be a tough challenge.

Final thoughts...

-- Goal all along was to win games and make progress thoughout the season, and he couldn't achieve that goal w/o the players on the team.

Final thoughts on the Pats

-- Its a great opportunity for the Jets to play against such a successful team

On that note my fingers hurt, and I gotta get back to work...
    Last edited by jetsfreak10; 01-05-2007 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10
    My recap...was able to listen while eating lunch.

1. Thoughts on final moments sun after clinching.

-- Great sense of accomplishment, making the playoffs was the #1 goal coming into the season.

2. More important, coming up w/ a new gameplan or execution?

-- They'll try to add new wrinkles to the gameplan, but the key is execution. The only way to beat a great football team is to execute.

3. They've had trouble w/ hard running teams..comments?

-- Its hard going against 3 different running backs that have kind of different styles. He felt the Jets have made progress throughout the year stopping the run. But their running game is very tough and they always have a great gameplan.

4. Do you forget about what was done in the regular season, or utilize whats been done to fire up the troops?

-- Although its the playoffs and more intense, they still need to plan to play the game the same way they've done for the past 16 weeks.

-- Key to the season started early with bringing in smart, talented football players. Its essential to have smart players who can adjust to the gameplans week in and week out.

5. Thoughts on Chad

-- Hard woker. And very determined

6. Thoughts on Mangold

-- Always involved early w/ teams from high school to college to pros , has always just jumped in and been successful.

7. Thoughts on Fergueson.

-- Same as mangold...Has gotten better, and more comfortable each and every week. Has done a great job learning the position and going up against some of the top talent in the league.

8. Those guys vs. Pats D-LINE

-- Pats are tough, consistant, and great technicians...it'll be a tough challenge.

Final thoughts...

-- Goal all along was to win games and make progress thoughout the season, and he couldn't achieve that goal w/o the players on the team.

Final thoughts on the Pats

-- Its a great opportunity for the Jets to play against such a successful team

On that one my fingers hurt, and I gotta get back to work...
    Thanks man..

Hall Of Fame
    He isn't going to give away the game plan.

Practice Squad
    I have to say Mangini has come a long way since his PC last January. He seemed a little nervous in front of the media, rightfully so.

But the guy has a good personality. And although he didnt give away the gameplan, which only Herm does, he gave a great interview with Francessa. Every media outlet said last year and some still say that Mangini and Belicheck have the same personality. Its not even close. I think they are complete opposites when it comes to personality. Belicheck is impossible to listen to and Mangini has gotten much better since last year.

Again, this isnt a knock on Belicheck, everyone knows he has no personality. So pat fans dont get offended by that. Hes still a great coach.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mdav 28
    I have to say Mangini has come a long way since his PC last January. He seemed a little nervous in front of the media, rightfully so.

But the guy has a good personality. And although he didnt give away the gameplan, which only Herm does, he gave a great interview with Francessa. Every media outlet said last year and some still say that Mangini and Belicheck have the same personality. Its not even close. I think they are complete opposites when it comes to personality. Belicheck is impossible to listen to and Mangini has gotten much better since last year.

Again, this isnt a knock on Belicheck, everyone knows he has no personality. So pat fans dont get offended by that. Hes still a great coach.
    You're right! After the initial press conference he seemed a little "blah" so to speak just like Belechik. Mangini's come a long way throughout the season, he seems to have a good repore w/ the reports and is starting to loosen up a bit a show a lighter side to his personality. Its good to see.

All League
    is it over already?

You need to listen to him when he is on WEEI on Monday afternoons, definitely a more fun and relaxed BB. But sometimes in his press conferences he'll throw in some very funny lines, you just have to be smart to appreciate them

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

As always, the key is to step up and execute.

Don't make the mistake of trying to execute before stepping up. Very bad things happen if you attempt that.

First you step up. Then you execute.

Veteran

Made me chuckle, how true.

All Pro
    UIn that presser he seemed very nervous. I don't blame him. Fo a guy who was never really allowed to talk to the media as an assistant, to face the NY media as a HC at 35 could be overwhelming.