Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premier of Friday Night Fights 9PM ESPN2 with Teddy Atlas.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Premier of Friday Night Fights 9PM ESPN2 with Teddy Atlas.

For all you boxing fans on here ESPN has ressurected Friday Night Fights and it premires tonight at 9 on ESPN 2 with analyst Teddy Atlas. (Jets speaker)

Juan Garza (28-2, 23 KO's) vs. Anthony Peterson (21-0, 60 KO's)

Anyone ever hear the story of how Teddy Atlas pulled a gun on Mike Tyson because Mike was trying to screw his [Atlas'] sister? I don't know if that's true, but hat's what I heard.

All League
    haha dudes wearing a jets shirt

All League
    Teddy Atlas rocking his Jet shirt

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco

Teddy Atlas rocking his Jet shirt
    and shorts .. Jets shirt and Jets shorts

even mentioned the BIG JET GAME this week .. found a way to slip that in there

Teddy Atlas is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonio_JetFan
    Anyone ever hear the story of how Teddy Atlas pulled a gun on Mike Tyson because Mike was trying to screw his [Atlas'] sister? I don't know if that's true, but hat's what I heard.
    It wasn't his sister, it was his niece and Mike wasn't trying to screw her. All Mike did was playfully slap her behind and Atlas pulled a gun on him. If that's not overreacting i don't know what is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan

It wasn't his sister, it was his niece and Mike wasn't trying to screw her. All Mike did was playfully slap her behind and Atlas pulled a gun on him. If that's not overreacting i don't know what is.
    1. She was 12 or 13 Years old .. a minor

2. He had no business touching a 12/13 Year old girl in that area of her body .. that's not playful ... there's nothing funny about it .. that's way out of line

3. He was trying to do something inappropriate, something criminal with such a young girl .. maybe you heard different, but that's not how it went down, it wasn't playful, his niece was in tears when she told him what happened

4. Teddy handled it with the only langauge Mike Tyson understands .. and he got the message because he never went near her again .. he knew Teddy well enough to know that he wasn't bluffing when it came to his family
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 01-05-2007 at 11:52 PM.

Banned
    One more thing

You don't know the story, tom .. you got a part of the story from the other side .. there's more to this story than you think, but I'd rather not discuss it .. that's between Mike, Teddy and his family .. they dealt with it amongst themselves and thankfully nobody was harmed, especially the little girl

No, overreacting is what I would have done...I would have shot his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    and he was 17...a minor

2. He had no business touching a 12/13 Year old girl in that area of her body .. that's not playful ... there's nothing funny about it .. that's way out of line
    He was a kid just playing around...thats all...You cant possibly tell me you never did that to a girl when you were a kid...I for one when i was a kid slapped many girls in the behind (and got slapped back by a few)...

3. He was trying to do something inappropriate, something criminal with such a young girl .. maybe you heard different, but that's not how it went down, it wasn't playful, his niece was in tears when she told him what happened
    You are way out of line with the ASSUMPTION that he was going to do something criminal. This is a ridiculous accusation. Unless you were there and seen it first hand please refrain from making such preposterous accusations. You have no idea what his intentions were unless you were present and saw what happened first hand.

4. Teddy handled it with the only langauge Mike Tyson understands .. and he got the message because he never went near her again .. he knew Teddy well enough to know that he wasn't bluffing when it came to his family
    He pulled a gun on a 17 year old...

You wanna look down at him for that, be my guest .. I admire him for it .. he was ready to do life in prison to protect his baby niece, he would have paid the price, but its a price he was ready to pay to protect his family
    protect her from what? A slap in the ass?

If he's a bad guy, so am I .. I would do the same .. if that makes me a bad guy, I can live with that
    I never called Teddy Atlas a bad guy. I had the privilege of meeting him a couple of years back. He is a good man but i don't agree with his actions. IMO he overreacted.

Hall Of Fame

5) Tell me since WHEN it's appropriate for ANY convicted rapist/felon to touch a freaking 13 years old on her A$$? Convicted felons need to learn there place in the world and it isn't fraternizing with young girls!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet
    5) Tell me since WHEN it's appropriate for ANY convicted rapist/felon to touch a freaking 13 years old on her A$$? Convicted felons need to learn there place in the world and it isn't fraternizing with young girls!
    what are you talking about? He wasn't a convicted rapist when this incident took place. This happened like 10 years before the rape. For what its worth Mike got in trouble a lot for touching girls when he was living up state with Cus D'amato. He even got suspended from school for it once or twice and Cus NEVER disciplined him. If anyone is to be blamed for what happened between Mike and Teddy Atlas its Cus D'Amato.

Banned
    Wow there is a thread for friday night fights and not Jean Paul Mendy vrs Hanshaw on shobox? (which was a very good fight by the way)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by StonerJet 63
    Wow there is a thread for friday night fights and not Jean Paul Mendy vrs Hanshaw on shobox? (which was a very good fight by the way)
    were the trainers wearing jets boxers
    Last edited by 023; 01-06-2007 at 02:40 AM.

Banned

You are way out of line with the ASSUMPTION that he was going to do something criminal. This is a ridiculous accusation. Unless you were there and seen it first hand please refrain from making such preposterous accusations. You have no idea what his intentions were unless you were present and saw what happened first hand.
    You weren't there either, so if you can share your Mike Tyson watered down version of the events, with convicition, like you know what happened, I can do the same with the other sides version of events
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 01-06-2007 at 06:31 AM.

Banned

I never called Teddy Atlas a bad guy. I had the privilege of meeting him a couple of years back. He is a good man but i don't agree with his actions. IMO he overreacted.
    I don't think he cares what you think, to be honest .. I think his only concern was protecting his family

I won't speak for the man, but I think he's perfectly satisfied that he did what was necessary to protect his niece from a would-be child molestor, IN HIS VIEW, and he could care less if you approve or disapprove
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 01-06-2007 at 06:33 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Not the way I expected this thread to go...but w/e.

All Pro
    what are you talking about? He wasn't a convicted rapist when this incident took place. This happened like 10 years before the rape. For what its worth Mike got in trouble a lot for touching girls when he was living up state with Cus D'amato. He even got suspended from school for it once or twice and Cus NEVER disciplined him. If anyone is to be blamed for what happened between Mike and Teddy Atlas its Cus D'Amato.
    Where are you located ? because I lived 10 miles from Cus and knew him when the young future champ was living/training with him and Kevin in Catskill.

Banned

Exactly right, he had a history of that behavior with young girls, but apparently you knew that and still proceeded to portray Mike as the innocent victim .. which tells me where you're coming from

You're gonna blame Cus D'Amato because Mike Tyson was a degenerate?

What are you for real .. do you blame all parents for their childrens misdeeds, or is this specific to Cus?

First you blame Teddy for over-reacting, then Cus for the lack of discipline .. you're all over the map Tom, everyone but Mike seems to be at fault with you

How bout blaming the degenerate .. you think that might be more appropriate?

Did Cus discipline Mike as much as he should have .. NO, he was an old man, near the end, Mike was his masterpiece, he genuinely loved the kid like a son, and he had a blind spot, he wouldn't hear of Mike Tyson doing anything awful, a lot like, well, YOU .. only he had some good reasons for his blind spot, what's your excuse?

So if you can forgive yourself for acting as an apologist for Mike Tyson, maybe you can find it in your heart to do the same for a dying old man who loved the kid and spoiled him when he shoud have discipilned him
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 01-06-2007 at 10:36 AM.

Who gives a S@%$? Tyson is a criminal, history has proven that, you see what he has done to other women...let it go.