Thread: Is he serious?

Is he serious?

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9908082

"I don't think any of the wild-card teams will go past the first round because none of them were playing great down the stretch in December. I would have picked the Eagles had they not done so well that they played themselves out of a wild card and into their fifth division title in six seasons." - (ROD WOODSON)

It's one thing to say we are not going to win, but how can he argue we didn't play well down the stretch?

Rookie
    Because we're the Jets. We don't get respect no matter what the circumstances.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony1x
    Because we're the Jets. We don't get respect no matter what the circumstances.
    I think you've just said it quite well.

Undrafted Free Agent
    We'll get respect if we win Sunday. That's for sure.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by B Smith 16
    We'll get respect if we win Sunday. That's for sure.
    I would HOPE so but you never know. After all we ARE the Jets.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGee77
    I think you've just said it quite well.
    Thanks. Maybe a victory over the Pats will change all of that.

The Jets dont get any notice in the NFL right now. Even so since the change in playoff formats in 2002 8 of 16 wildcard round winners have been wildcard teams. In the last 3 seasons 7 of 12 have been the wildcard team beating the divisional winner. The only year that an away team has not won a wildcard round game since they changed the format from just the two wildcard teams playing each other(1990) is 2000. It would be a rare event if one wildcard team does not upset the home favorite.

Undrafted Free Agent
    If the Jets won on Sunday and drew the Colts next week, I really think we would start getting Super Bowl consideration.

To do something that no other team has done during this Patriots-era, beat them in their own building? It would be an unbelievable accomplishment.

Honestly, I believe the biggest threat aside from the Patriots on Sunday would be a matchup with San Diego. I am afraid of what LT would do to this Jets defense. (Although we held him in check two years ago, however he is not the same player as he is now as he was then)

The Colts and Ravens do not scare me, but beating the Patriots at home, in the playoffs is a huge obstacle.

EDIT: My mistake, we can not face the Colts next round, it's late and I'm tired. But if we drew the RAVENS next week, we would get consideration for the SB in my opinion.
    Last edited by B Smith 16; 01-06-2007 at 02:17 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony1x
    Thanks. Maybe a victory over the Pats will change all of that.
    Nope...It will be:

"This was an emotionally charged win for this Jets team, and a great win for the young Mangini, but the Jets aren't going anywhere. No way they get past Baltimore / San Diego."

Practice Squad
    It Takes A String Of Three Wins But You Have To Start At One Lets Go Jets