Thread: OVER: Tony Romo's Bandwagon

Banned

OVER: Tony Romo's Bandwagon

Maybe... just maybe... we can now get through a weekend without hearing the constant drivel about what Romo has done for the Cowboys. Maybe.

Salt in the wounds - He fumbled TWICE on one play. First he fumbled the snap, then he fumbled when he tried to run it in for the TD. Yay, I wish he was my QB. Say goodbye to young miss Underwood Tony... the head cheerleader doesn't like f*cking a loser QB.

Banned
    When it happened, my first thought was:

"Why couldn't it have been Brett Favre?"

SAR I

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity28
    Say goodbye to young miss Underwood Tony... the head cheerleader doesn't like f*cking a loser QB.
    LMAO

Btw, she's a singer.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony1x
    LMAO

Btw, she's a singer.
    haha

Hall Of Fame
    Maybe... just maybe... we can now get through a weekend without hearing the constant drivel about what Romo has done for the Cowboys. Maybe.

Salt in the wounds - He fumbled TWICE on one play. First he fumbled the snap, then he fumbled when he tried to run it in for the TD. Yay, I wish he was my QB. Say goodbye to young miss Underwood Tony... the head cheerleader doesn't like f*cking a loser QB.
    lmfao, those ungrateful bastard Cowboys fans are kicking themselves in the ass that Vinny wasnt their quarterback. ahhh, a bit of redemption served to those fools tonight!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony1x
    LMAO

Btw, she's a singer.
    Yes. I know... I was drawing upon the age old high school experience where the bigtime, hotshot QB always gets the hottest girl in school, the lead cheerleader. So while she is a singer, and I am aware of it... my comments were meant to follow along the plot of any sappy '80's movie in which the unexpected character becomes the hero, gets the cheerleader, ****s up and loses the girl.

That kinda thing... ya know?

Rookie
    Yes. I know... I was drawing upon the age old high school experience where the bigtime, hotshot QB always gets the hottest girl in school, the lead cheerleader. So while she is a singer, and I am aware of it... my comments were meant to follow along the plot of any sappy '80's movie in which the unexpected character becomes the hero, gets the cheerleader, ****s up and loses the girl.

That kinda thing... ya know?
    Yeah I understand now.

Here we go. Romo's a terrible QB all because he dropped the ball when trying to place it on his field goal. That totally, 100%, has EVERYTHING to do with his quaterbacking abilities.

Rookie
    Easy guys. Romo suffered in the final game of a breakout season. Frankly, watching him this season reminded me a lot of Chad's first year where the NY press dubbed him the second coming of Montana - it wasn't fair to Chad and set him up for a fall.

Romo seems like a decent guy and I hope he will be able to bounce back like Chad has.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu79
    Easy guys. Romo suffered in the final game of a breakout season. Frankly, watching him this season reminded me a lot of Chad's first year where the NY press dubbed him the second coming of Montana - it wasn't fair to Chad and set him up for a fall.

Romo seems like a decent guy and I hope he will be able to bounce back like Chad has.
    (que Tex)

you think that completing one friggin season with a 2-12 record against good defenses in 4 years is bouncing back for Penny boy noodle 64 million dollar wonder??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey
    Here we go. Romo's a terrible QB all because he dropped the ball when trying to place it on his field goal. That totally, 100%, has EVERYTHING to do with his quaterbacking abilities.
    No, not quite... I am not saying he is terrible... just saying that I hope the days where the media is constantly shoving how great he is down our throats are over. He was good early on, when there was no game tape of him. Then teams started preparing for him... and he developed nervous feet and started fumbling every week. Maybe Romo is a mediocre QB, and some people saw it from the get go... not the "knight in shining armor" the media has pumped him up to be.

Don't twist my comments into some sort of all or nothing remark... I am just happy when I don't have to hear about the Cowboys, T.O. or their over-rated QB every Sunday (even when I am not even watching the Cowboys!)

PS - If you watched the game you would have seen that this was not his only fumble of the game. He also killed a drive early on with another big fumble that was almost scooped up for a TD by Seattle.

No, not quite... I am not saying he is terrible... just saying that I hope the days where the media is constantly shoving how great he is down our throats are over. He was good early on, when there was no game tape of him. Then teams started preparing for him... and he developed nervous feet and started fumbling every week. Maybe Romo is a mediocre QB, and some people saw it from the get go... not the "knight in shining armor" the media has pumped him up to be.

Don't twist my comments into some sort of all or nothing remark... I am just happy when I don't have to hear about the Cowboys, T.O. or their over-rated QB every Sunday (even when I am not even watching the Cowboys!)

PS - If you watched the game you would have seen that this was not his only fumble of the game. He also killed a drive early on with another big fumble that was almost scooped up for a TD by Seattle.
    I agree, sorry if i misquoted you on it than. I don't think he's a great QB either, I just think he'll get an unfair rep about it when he played a decent game at his natural position, quaterback.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey
    I agree, sorry if i misquoted you on it than. I don't think he's a great QB either, I just think he'll get an unfair rep about it when he played a decent game at his natural position, quaterback.
    No problem... ultimately, no matter what he did at QB tonight, he lost the game for them. There is no denying that. The snap was good, he let his nerves get to him. Then he dropped it again just before redeeming himself by running it in... it was just not his night. Hopefully, he will fall into mediocrity and we won't have to hear all about him during the broadcast of every other game, every week going forward!