Thread: Thank you 2006/2007 Jets on a wonderful year.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Thank you 2006/2007 Jets on a wonderful year.

We lost today in the Playoffs. But That doesn't take away from what this group of guys did this season.

1. Defeated the odd's and won 10 games.
    2. Found a very good head coach.
    3. Have very good team chemistry.
    4. Bright future.
    5. Chad comeback player of the year.
    6. Miller and Rhodes Pro Bowl caliber years.
    7. Had a solid draft.

This year was very fun and exciting. We should be proud of how our team performed.

Yes we lost today but dont get to down. Our expectations coming into the season were soooooo low. So making it this far is the best gift we could have recieved.

Looking forward to 2007.
    Last edited by SBIII; 01-07-2007 at 05:30 PM.

All League
    I'll second that!!
    it was an exciting wild fun ride

Thank you Mangini and the Jets!!!!

thank you Jets. your not the only one. I am so proud of this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Look for an action filled offseason also. This team has a lot of cap space and I'm sure they'll use it.

I certainly think a RB is on the radar. Mike Turner would be a great pickup. I also believe the Jets will look seriously at Assante Samuel.

After that there should be several "under the radar" pickups of role players for the team.

I'm satisfied with this season. You couldn't have possibly expected any more.............

Hall Of Fame
    Great season and I couldn't thank Mangini, Tannenbaum, and the boys enough.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    We lost today in the Playoffs. But That doesn't take away from what this group of guys did this season.

1. Defeated the odd's and won 10 games.
    2. Found a very good head coach.
    3. Have very good team chemistry.
    4. Bright future.
    5. Chad comeback player of the year.
    6. Miller and Rhodes Pro Bowl caliber years.
    7. Had a solid draft.

This year was very fun and exciting. We should be proud of how our team performed.

Yes we lost today but dont get to down. Our expectations coming into the season were soooooo low. So making it this far is the best gift we could have recieved.

Looking forward to 2007.
    Great post!!!

One point to add to your list (or at least to expand on Point 4) : this is a young team. The core of this team will be here for many more years. It's not as if our window is closing. We have a great springboard for next year, and these guys will be hungry for more after the game today.

Veteran
    i would like to see mangini be our Cowher and be here for the next 15 years leading the team to winning football. here's to another great draft, TEAM football and playing hard EVERY down!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet
    Look for an action filled offseason also. This team has a lot of cap space and I'm sure they'll use it.

I certainly think a RB is on the radar. Mike Turner would be a great pickup. I also believe the Jets will look seriously at Assante Samuel.

After that there should be several "under the radar" pickups of role players for the team.

I'm satisfied with this season. You couldn't have possibly expected any more.............

1000% agreed...........but it would have been nice to beat those guys

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet

Heading into free agency, Mangini has made this a team that guys will WANT to play for. That says a lot to me about how far we've come this year.

All League
    Long, very bright future with this young team and coaching staff.

Get a running back and stay healthy next year...we're winning superbowl

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by safny813
    i would like to see mangini be our Cowher and be here for the next 15 years leading the team to winning football. here's to another great draft, TEAM football and playing hard EVERY down!!!
    Great sentiment. I think we'll get just that. There is plenty of work still to be done. I don't think any of us thought we'd be in this position if u look back 12 months to the Herm fiasco.

I also am very proud, great season.

Veteran
    Nice Post SBIII.

Today was disappointing but this season was very satisfying and I feel much better sbout this team than I have in a while.

Rookie
    I'm pissed about this loss. I hate all things New England when it comes to sports. Had the Jets lost to any other team it would probably be better for me.

HOWEVER,

I am very excited about where we are going as a team, and this year was a great surprise. Hope is definately alive and well with the Jets, unlike last year.

On a side note, I hope the Chargers demolish the Pats and Belichick gets locked up for some criminal offense pertaining to his involvement with the NJ lady.

Great year folks.........Proud to be a Jets fan. More than ever!

All League
    Absolutely true. Even though I would have loved nothing more than to beat the Patriots and was disappointed today, this season has been great. For a 4-12 team to totally outperform all expectation and give the media darling Patriots a run for their money in the playoffs really says a lot about where this team is headed. And that's in the right direction. Has Bellichick won a superbowl every year he's been a head coach? No. Cowher? No. Mangini is here for the long haul and will bring us our title.

Rookie
    Thank you 06 New York Jets! You played your butts off,no quit in this team.