Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Successful season or not?

Undrafted Free Agent

Successful season or not?

i know a lot of people are upset with this loss and everything, but is this a successfull season for the jets?

Are you guys happy with the season and the direction the jets are headed?

to me...i am extatic with this season....of course pissed off at the loss, but i just shake it off with the season they had...im very please with the direction we are going and cant wait for next year

PS...WE NEED TO PRAY BRIAN SCHOTT STAYS HERE AND DOESNT MOVE ON TO BE A HEAD COACH SOMEWHERE!!!

All Pro
    Todays outcome doesn't change the fact this is one of the most gratifying seasons I've enjoyed as a Jet fan. Our coaching is superb and we have a very promising core group of younger players. Our future is bright indeed.

All Pro
    The guys on the radio broadcast just made a great point - heading into free agency, a lot of guy will WANT to come and play for the Jets and Mangini. We're a team heading in the right direction. We lost today to the better team, but the fact that we were there to play at all is a HUGE step forward.

Sure, it hurts that there's no more Jetball for months now, but I am SO PROUD of this team.

Veteran
    the day after the jets play their last game of the year is always a depressing one for me, but I am very happy about the direction we are taking. we had a good draft and we don't have too many holes to fill to move ahead. i hope that the coaches take a few days off to recharge and then we get working on the draft and scouting the free agents. i am proud of the team and already looking forward to next year.

All Pro
    I am happy with the season..

But this loss bothers me, I hate to see the Jets lose.

Once the loss wears off, I will really appreciate the season and hopefully our future.

But I hate to lose and specially to the patsies.

This thread is a joke right?

WE WON 10 GAMES

Rookie
    Absolutely, this has been a successfull year.

We have a great young HC. The foundation for the O-line is set for years.
    Cotchery developed into a solid # 2 WR. Kerry Rhodes has developed into an all pro level safety. Bryan Thomas, Drob, Justin Miller & Nugent proved they are not busts.

We were 10-6 in a rebuilding year and have a ton of cap space. We are a year or 2 ahead of where most fans expected us to be. Anyone who is not happy with this year is a fool or not a real fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Of course it's a success. We exceeded expectations big time.

Now we need to grow on it next season.

Im amazed that anyone would think this was a lost season because of todays game.

All Pro
    bothing but a positive feeling on this season from me!!

Hall Of Fame
    I'm still pissed about losing but the season was a success. They exceeded everyone's expectations and made the playoffs. We are a couple of players away from being a powerhouse. Today's game was closer than the final score indicates and we will be a team that should be feared next season.

Hall Of Fame
    Successful?

There's different ways to answer this.

It was succesful to the extent the Jets showed bona fide progress it is a failure because they lost in the Playoffs.

We all know that there is no guarantees in the future. We sure thought that 1999 was going to be a SB year (for many of us) and it blew up in every one's face.

Next year is the big barometer. IMO, if the Jets take a step back next year then this year should be viewed as a failure. That's Herm and Easy-Trade Bradway stuff-take advantage of easy schedule and make the wildcard, then suck the next year and try to take advantage of the easy schedule in year 3.

Compete for the Division and a Playoff homegame and a bye. If not, this and next year will be a failure.

Hall Of Fame
    We go from 4-12 to 10-6 ......Of course this year was sucessful. We have a new playbook that will go much better next year with this year behind their belts.

Another 6 players from FA and draft and we will be doing much better. Chad's arm will be stronger next year. The coaches will benefit tremendously from this year as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    We go from 4-12 to 10-6 ......Of course this year was sucessful. We have a new playbook that will go much better next year with this year behind their belts.

Another 6 players from FA and draft and we will be doing much better. Chad's arm will be stronger next year. The coaches will benefit tremendously from this year as well.
    True. Next year is the key for me. I understand the schedule is tougher, but the foundation has been set with another year in the system and many starting positions in place. The Jets should be at least 11-5 next year and competing for the division title, home playoff game and a bye. If not, then this year and next would be a failure IMO.

Undrafted Free Agent
    i know you guys can probably care less but i went into this season thinking the jets were a joke and ended it hoping they didn't knock the Pats out of the playoffs. i probably enter next year expecting a season split rather than expecting the pats to win both.

any time a team makes the playoffs in an adjustment year (new coach, 3-4) it is a huge success. just ask cleveland fans how it's gone for them.

congratulations on a great year. good luck next year, i hope you guys finish 2nd in the east

Veteran
    Great season.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

does a bear sh!t in the woods???

Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    True. Next year is the key for me. I understand the schedule is tougher, but the foundation has been set with another year in the system and many starting positions in place. The Jets should be at least 11-5 next year and competing for the division title, home playoff game and a bye. If not, then this year and next would be a failure IMO.

I agree about next year. I said that in the "give Mangini a raise" thread last week. We need to see how the team progesses next year. Another 10-6 and a wild card is not progress. I disagree however that what ever happens next year invalidates the success of this year..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveTomBrady
    i know you guys can probably care less but i went into this season thinking the jets were a joke and ended it hoping they didn't knock the Pats out of the playoffs. i probably enter next year expecting a season split rather than expecting the pats to win both.

any time a team makes the playoffs in an adjustment year (new coach, 3-4) it is a huge success. just ask cleveland fans how it's gone for them.

congratulations on a great year. good luck next year, i hope you guys finish 2nd in the east

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    I am 100% happy with this season... and the direction we are gong in... however... and not blaming him for this loss today... but I am still very weary of Pennington... I still feel he is very limited, and borderline holding us back... I'm sure, however, Mangini will do all the right things to push this franchise in the right direction for the future, this offseason.