Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For all those who say pennington needs to be replaced

For all those who say pennington needs to be replaced

I would completely disagree with you. Sure he made mistakes, but look at Peyton Manning yesterday, he threw 3 ints, and his team won because of their solid defense. If the Jets can improve their run defense, and get another solid guy on offense, THAT will make the difference, not replacing a qb, who while won't be a top 5 qb in the league, is good enough to run an offense with competence.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisjump
    I would completely disagree with you. Sure he made mistakes, but look at Peyton Manning yesterday, he threw 3 ints, and his team won because of their solid defense. If the Jets can improve their run defense, and get another solid guy on offense, THAT will make the difference, not replacing a qb, who while won't be a top 5 qb in the league, is good enough to run an offense with competence.

This guy will NEVER take this team to the next level. Been there done that on this subject. Completely average QB with a rag arm.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    As long as Chad is our QB, we'll always have a chance to make the playoffs.

On the flip side, as long as Chad is our QB, we might never be able to beat the Patriots in the playoffs.

All League
    As long as Brady is their QB, we will never beat NE in the playoffs!
    We need a Brady, but so does 31 other teams, and Brady's come along once in a lifetime. Belichik will never leave NE as long as Brady is there.

Banned
    if we had a top defense we would of won today with chad as our qb

I agree with most of the comments above. I just think Chad has too many limitations which will show more in the playoffs because they defenses are better and they play better. NE took away a lot of the short routes that we hit on the first time we played there. Chad is the perfect QB to have when you're controlling a game and up by 7-10 pts in the 4th quarter, but in a game like today when that happens, we never have any shot to come back because his lack of arm stength.

With that said, Chad didn't cost us the game, but he didn't win it either.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    This is another thing I don't get.

Peyton has proven to be a huge choker in the playoffs. He hasn't gotten the Colts much farther than Chad has gotten us yet I guarantee everyone would take Peyton on the Jets in a heartbeat.

Why?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Chad is in Peyton's league stat wise or talent wise. But postseason wise is their a big difference?

Really think about it.

Do you really think many Colts fans are screaming to bench Manning even though he's never even made it to the SuperBowl in 9 seasons as the Colts starting QB?

Quote Originally Posted by WILL_22
    This guy will NEVER take this team to the next level. Been there done that on this subject. Completely average QB with a rag arm.
    Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl

Chad Pennington is 10x better than Dilfer.

Chad Pennington had a rookie RB that replaced a HOF player.

Chad Pennington had two rookies start on his OLINE this year.

With the good players surrounding Penningron the Jets CAN win a Super Bowl.

That's why it's called a "team"........................

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisjump
    I'm sure the Jets could win with Pennington if he was in the perfect situation, such as this years Chicago team, but that situation is very rare, and very hard to achieve and even if we could, it would take years. Chad Pennington is going to be 31. He has a limited window left to work with as his career is already over half over.

I'm not saying to hand the job to Clemens, but he has to be given every opportunity to earn the job in Training Camp and may the best QB win.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    As long as Chad is our QB, we'll always have a chance to make the playoffs.

On the flip side, as long as Chad is our QB, we might never be able to beat the Patriots in the playoffs.
    How true.

Hall Of Fame
    The OL was holding Pennington back today.

no ifs ands or buts

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    This is another thing I don't get.

Peyton has proven to be a huge choker in the playoffs. He hasn't gotten the Colts much farther than Chad has gotten us yet I guarantee everyone would take Peyton on the Jets in a heartbeat.

Why?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Chad is in Peyton's league stat wise or talent wise. But postseason wise is their a big difference?

Really think about it.

Do you really think many Colts fans are screaming to bench Manning even though he's never even made it to the SuperBowl in 9 seasons as the Colts starting QB?
    It might have something to do with the fact that he's physically capable of winning games if he is asked to do so. The odds of finding a better QB than Peyton are slim to none. The same doesn't hold true for Chad.

Also, in Indy, Peyton isn't the problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_87
    We scored 16 points, and Chad Pennington alone almost allowed 14 points in his 2 costly turnovers. We weren't winning that game with the 85 Bears Defense with the way our Offense played. We have problems on both sides of the ball that need fixing.

Banned
    the jets don't have a good enough defense... we have rookies starting on the line... and two rookie running backs... no running game... and chad played a hell of a game

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    It might have something to do with the fact that he's physically capable of winning games if he is asked to do so. The odds of finding a better QB than Peyton are slim to none. The same doesn't hold true for Chad.

Also, in Indy, Peyton isn't the problem.
    give peyton a competent coach and a D that somewhat resembles decent and its a different story

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_87
    This is the type of post that makes my head explode. This defense played one of the best games in the past ten years. What game were you pennyphiles were watching? That's all you pennyphiles do is blame everyone else. He lost this game today, up to the two turnovers I a chad basher was ready to give him a B+ for his performance.

Veteran
    Joe Namath said it many times,You HAVE to have a Great Defence to win the Super Bowl,His that year was the No.1 D.
    A QB like Pennington can get there,But he needs help,Like a REAL no-crapper RB,and a Great D!

I'd rather have a Very Smart QB who can make plays and quide the Offence than A Rocket arm who ONLY relies on bombs.

Yeah,he threw a INT today, and got passes deflected(by 6'7" guys)

Jim Kelly had a Great Arm but no Rings,Marino too.Elway didn't get one till he had Outstanding RB'S

And WHO remembers the Ravens QB when they Won?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DELAWANAJET
    This is the type of post that makes my head explode. This defense played one of the best games in the past ten years. What game were you pennyphiles were watching? That's all you pennyphiles do is blame everyone else. He lost this game today, up to the two turnovers I a chad basher was ready to give him a B+ for his performance.

Are you f*cking kidding me??

What game were YOU watching? The best game this defense has played in 10 years?

Allowing Dillon and Maroney to stick it up your ass all day is great?

Letting Brady march his team up and down the field like Montana in his prime is considered playing great?

Again, what f*cking game were YOU watching!?!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby!
    As long as Brady is their QB, we will never beat NE in the playoffs!
    We need a Brady, but so does 31 other teams, and Brady's come along once in a lifetime. Belichik will never leave NE as long as Brady is there.
    Great post. I really don't get how people basically puts quarterbacks into two categories: Those who can win superbowls and those who can't. And even worse: Saying that there is a kind of quarterback who can win 10 games but never win 12. It's just stupid.

I mean it's a sliding scale, and you go with the best guy who's avaliable to you. At the moment it looks like that guy is Chad for better or worse, and you don't replace him because he's not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Of the 6 AFC playoff-teams we have arguably the worst running game and the second worst defence, and yet it's somehow because of our 23/40 300 yard td/int quarterback that we're not going to the superbowl. Amazing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot
    Great post. I really don't get how people basically puts quarterbacks into two categories: Those who can win superbowls and those who can't. And even worse: Saying that there is a kind of quarterback who can win 10 games but never win 12. It's just stupid.

I mean it's a sliding scale, and you go with the best guy who's avaliable to you. At the moment it looks like that guy is Chad for better or worse, and you don't replace him because he's not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Of the 6 AFC playoff-teams we have arguably the worst running game and the second worst defence, and yet it's somehow because of our 23/40 300 yard td/int quarterback that we're not going to the superbowl. Amazing.
    He had all the yards to win..SUPERBOWLS ARE WON WITH GREAT DEFENCE!!
    SIMPLE AS THAT