ILB Eric Barton
    OLB Victor Hobson

CB Asante Samuel
    CB Andre Dyson

FS Kerry Rhodes

SS Michael Lewis

Rookie
    I love the Entire offseason

The only thing is I could see the Jets try and add some depth to the LB'ers through the draft
    Last edited by Jets4life335; 01-07-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Veteran
    Love it, love it, love it.

That's really the ideal offseason, IMO.

All Pro
    Your getting there UT so I'm going to be pickier...

Why sign Calico and cut J-Mac when they're essentially the same player. At least J Mac is familiar with the offense.

Doughty might have some character concerns since Spurrier asked him to lose weight to better fit the system and he never did...

I'd be surprised if NE DIDNT slap a franchise tag on Samuel...

And I'm bot sure a late 2nd would get Turner...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider

Why sign Calico and cut J-Mac when they're essentially the same player. At least J Mac is familiar with the offense.

Doughty might have some character concerns since Spurrier asked him to lose weight to better fit the system and he never did...

As far as Turner goes, what good is he doing the Chargers? They have one of the best players I have ever seen in my lifetime and for them to get an extra pick for a player that is barely ever used is great for them, and hopefully beneficial to us. Never mind it's a second rounder which is high enough for a backup.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Calico is the big 6'4 receiver we've been craving. I think he could be a big addition in the slot. Should come cheap as well. McCareins is getting paid WAY too much to be our #3. If he wants to take a paycut then he can stay around.

I really don't see the whole weight problem as a character concern against Doughty. We need depth at NT and Doughty has the perfect size and strengths to develop into a good starting 3-4 NT two or three years down the road. He could at the very least add depth/rotation until then.

Call me crazy, but I don't see the Pats slapping the franchise tag on Samuel. If they wouldn't keep Branch around (Brady's favorite target) I don't see them investing big money in a corner especially when New England has had success sticking nobody's back there and having them perform well (even though that's big credit to Mangini).

I think a late 2nd rounder would get a Turner deal done and to tell you the truth, that's the most I'd be willing to give up. I like Michael, but I'm not willing to give up the 38th overall pick for a relatively unknown commodity.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    Calico is the big 6'4 receiver we've been craving. I think he could be a big addition in the slot. Should come cheap as well. McCareins is getting paid WAY too much to be our #3. If he wants to take a paycut then he can stay around.

I really don't see the whole weight problem as a character concern against Doughty. We need depth at NT and Doughty has the perfect size and strengths to develop into a good starting 3-4 NT two or three years down the road. He could at the very least add depth/rotation until then.

Call me crazy, but I don't see the Pats slapping the franchise tag on Samuel. If they wouldn't keep Branch around (Brady's favorite target) I don't see them investing big money in a corner especially when New England has had success sticking nobody's back there and having them perform well (even though that's big credit to Mangini).

I think a late 2nd rounder would get a Turner deal done and to tell you the truth, that's the most I'd be willing to give up. I like Michael, but I'm not willing to give up the 38th overall pick for a relatively unknown commodity.
    Calico's soft and has questionable hands.

The character concerns come from his coach asking him to do something, and him not doing it.

11 INTs in 17 games- he's established himself as an elite CB, whereas Branch was not a clear-cut #1 guy IMO. Patriots obviously thought they could live without Branch- but it was also a principle thing...not giving in to a player's demands. Plus, now that they know the medlding Jets are going to tyr to get their grubby paws on their players, they'll go through greater lengths to keep them- or risk seeing them twice a year..

Unknown? College players who havn't done anything can be characterized as unknowns. Although he's not starting, he's showed he's a good NFL RB. I'd definately trade the early 2nd and now that we made the playoffs and have a relatively high pick, I'd consider trading that for Turner and maybe a mid round pick.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Calico's soft and has questionable hands.

The character concerns come from his coach asking him to do something, and him not doing it.

11 INTs in 17 games- he's established himself as an elite CB, whereas Branch was not a clear-cut #1 guy IMO. Patriots obviously thought they could live without Branch- but it was also a principle thing...not giving in to a player's demands. Plus, now that they know the medlding Jets are going to tyr to get their grubby paws on their players, they'll go through greater lengths to keep them- or risk seeing them twice a year..

Unknown? College players who havn't done anything can be characterized as unknowns. Although he's not starting, he's showed he's a good NFL RB. I'd definately trade the early 2nd and now that we made the playoffs and have a relatively high pick, I'd consider trading that for Turner and maybe a mid round pick.
    There's no way I'd trade the 38th overall pick and a mid rounder for Turner. Like I said, I like the kid, but he's only seen limited action as LT's backup. I don't think that warrants basically a borderline late 1st rounder AND an additional mid round pick.

All Pro
    No tweak to the LB core. I would like to see Hobson in the inside and another OLB either drafted or FA. I don't think Hobson can be counted on to bring consistent pressure from the outside.But he has shown he can tackle and we need that in the middle.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    GGI and I had been discussing Doughty a few nights ago.

Big questions about his work ethic, supposedly in and out of Spurrier's doghouse all season.

Other than that, I'll take those FA's, if we landed Samuel and Lewis I'd be ecstatic.

Hall Of Fame
    Id almost rather start Eric Smith then sign Michael Lewis. The guy was benched this season in Philadelphia. PASS.

I don't see the point of switching off between McCareins and Calico. Neither have hands and outside of a couple extra inches, they are pretty much the same receiver.

I repeat, Victor Hobson is NOT a Free Agent. There is no need to resign him unless you want to give him an extension ala Cotchery.

Other then that, I love this offseason.