Thread: Just my take

Banned

Just my take

I am a pretty level headed fan and never call for a players head after a bad game so please don't take this as angry fan banter.

I realize the Jets overachieved this season and Chad finally gettin 16 starts under his belt, but does anybody honestly think he can lead us to a superbowl?

I appreciate everything he's done for the Jets and how passionate he is thoughout the year, but watching the entire season and not just this last game I've come to the conclusion that he isn't the answer.

His lack of arm strength is painful to watch. I know that this has been beaten to death, but it still remains true. He holds back the offense by not being able to throw a hard 20 yarder. How many times today did he float a pass high to Coles of Cotch that they barely pulled down?

I'm not saying bench him, or start Clemons. I'm just pointing out what has become painfully obvious after a season of watching him play every game.

How many people here, honestly felt that we had a chance with 5 minutes to go down two scores? I'm as optimistic as the come however I'm also a realist and as much as I didn't want to believe it, it would have taken a miracle for Chad to lead us on two touchdown drives within a 5 minute span.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf
    I am a pretty level headed fan and never call for a players head after a bad game so please don't take this as angry fan banter.

I realize the Jets overachieved this season and Chad finally gettin 16 starts under his belt, but does anybody honestly think he can lead us to a superbowl?

I appreciate everything he's done for the Jets and how passionate he is thoughout the year, but watching the entire season and not just this last game I've come to the conclusion that he isn't the answer.

His lack of arm strength is painful to watch. I know that this has been beaten to death, but it still remains true. He holds back the offense by not being able to throw a hard 20 yarder. How many times today did he float a pass high to Coles of Cotch that they barely pulled down?

I'm not saying bench him, or start Clemons. I'm just pointing out what has become painfully obvious after a season of watching him play every game.

How many people here, honestly felt that we had a chance with 5 minutes to go down two scores? I'm as optimistic as the come however I'm also a realist and as much as I didn't want to believe it, it would have taken a miracle for Chad to lead us on two touchdown drives within a 5 minute span.
    His skills led this team to 10 wins............

with the right players he can win the whole thing.

Trent Dilfer did.

Why not Chad?

Hall Of Fame
    Another one of these threads

Banned
    I disagree.

Trent Dilfer had one of the best defenses ever.

The Jets will never have a defense to match the 01 Ravens.

I don't think it's fair to say his talent lead the team to 10 victories either.

We beat one team with a winning record. Only one team. The dinks and dunks, 25 yard lofts and 40 yard rainbows worked against overall bad teams.

I don't put any emphasis on stats only game play and the way Chad played against the Bears, Pats, and Jags(Teams you'll see in the playoffs and superbowl) is my litmus test. I don't care if he threw for 300 yards against Tennessee or if he throws for 3 tds against Houston.

We had a great season and I look foward to next season with high hopes and expectations. However, if Chad is our quarterback I just don't see us making it to the big game. It's just my opinion so please all you "Hardcore Seasoned Posters" or whatever you want to be referred to as calm down.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    His skills led this team to 10 wins............

with the right players he can win the whole thing.
    That is totally ridiculous.

Did you see PennyBoy's out passes today?

The damn WR's would have had to been in the stands to catch those throws.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    That is totally ridiculous.

Did you see PennyBoy's out passes today?

The damn WR's would have had to been in the stands to catch those throws.
    I know your a dick but I agree.

It was painful to watch some of his throws today. It was painful to watch him check down every other play.