Thread: Very curious at the type of free agents we get

Undrafted Free Agent

Lightbulb Very curious at the type of free agents we get

For some reason I think we can forget about big name guys coming here. I don't see the Jets going out and overpaying for any one position. I think we'll continue to see the Chatham/Kassell type guys. They seem to like to go the development route and grab guys who can play but have been buried on depth charts. The training camp stories are going to scare away some guys but I have no problem with that

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

We have lots of cap room. If someone dosen't want to put in the work necessary to win, he can be someone else's problem.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    We have lots of cap room. If someone dosen't want to put in the work necessary to win, he can be someone else's problem.
    I'd like to see them use the cap room to get some depth on this team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    this is a great point........if soemone is scared off by the hard work that is necessary to win the whole thing, i dont want them here neither

I think, well atleast hope, that people would WANT to come play for mangini, based on the potenetial of him being the next big thing and want to get in on the ground floor

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVinnyNo
    For some reason I think we can forget about big name guys coming here. I don't see the Jets going out and overpaying for any one position. I think we'll continue to see the Chatham/Kassell type guys. They seem to like to go the development route and grab guys who can play but have been buried on depth charts. The training camp stories are going to scare away some guys but I have no problem with that

I don't want us to just bring in Chatham/Kassel type guys. As stop-gap guys, they're great, but if we can pick up some big namers with a great work ethic, I'm all for the payout. Here's hoping for Vilma-mold pickups ni terms of work ethic and talent fusion.

All League
    Last year Tannenbaum had to clear up our cap so I didn't expect us to go overboard
    in free agency. It will be interesting to see if we break from the NE philosophy and
    target certain players. I think we will because remember we were going to give
    Branch a big contract if NE ever traded him to us. I believe we will target one or
    two of the following:

Turner SD
    Samuel NE
    Clements BUF
    Banta-Cain NE
    Briggs CHI
    Sands OAK

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL
    Last year Tannenbaum had to clear up our cap so I didn't expect us to go overboard
    in free agency. It will be interesting to see if we break from the NE philosophy and
    target certain players. I think we will because remember we were going to give
    Branch a big contract if NE ever traded him to us. I believe we will target one or
    two of the following:

Turner SD
    Samuel NE
    Clements BUF
    Banta-Cain NE
    Briggs CHI
    Sands OAK

Very respectable list - definitely the kind of players I'd like to see us bring in.

All Pro
    It's tough to say at this point because we've never seen this FO in this situation before. Last season was all about improving our cap number and bringing in blue collar guys as a stop gap. This offseason may be different, but I still see our FO taking the same type of blue collar guys while continuing to build the team through the draft.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

I'd like to see them use the cap room to get some depth on this team.
    Agreed. I think you'll see up build from the inside out with multiple FA mid-level signings, as opposed to the marquee names.

All League
    Nor do I. The players who don't want to work will weed themselves out. This is a good thing for us.