Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: LT in a rage

  1. #1

    LT in a rage

    Why was LT so inraged at the end of the game?

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    474
    Because the classless Patriots came running onto the field and collectivley did the shawn merriman dance and some players were flaunting the choke sign on the bolt and parading around like a bunch of idiots. Dont get me wrong, i totally agree with celebrating and having a good time after winning a game like that but im so sick of being told the Patriots have class, they dont. I count atleast 15 cheap shots every game i watch when they play. Bruschi prolly does it the most.

    Good for LT, he is the leader on this team and he went out fighting for his player. Thats what a leader does, i see no problem with it, just a problem with the Patriots, im still waiting for the day they suck, or they lose Brady for a season to an injury, but that wont be for awhile. anyway, just venting.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Just watch Ellis Hobbs yesterday and you know how much class the Patriots have...

  4. #4
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,039
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets330
    Why was LT so inraged at the end of the game?
    I'd also attribute it to the Chargers losing the way they did. LT & the whole team clearly out played the Pats yesterday. Unfortunately and as with any given Sunday, it came down to the kicker blowing it with seconds left on the clock.

    It reminded me of our Jets in the Pittsburgh 2004 playoff game and that awful memory of Doug Brien pulling up his socks, Herm on the sidelines with his finger up his........ahh nevermind.

    Hey LT, we feel your pain.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan110
    Because the classless Patriots came running onto the field and collectivley did the shawn merriman dance and some players were flaunting the choke sign on the bolt and parading around like a bunch of idiots.
    The first thing LT should have done was tell Merriman to shut his fly trap during the week leading up to the game. Publically saying "the Pats are really just another football team" and we "we should easily be able to shut down their offense" is pretty stupid.

    However, if Merriman came out and backed it up with a strong game, so be it.

    But what happened?

    Matt Light (yes, the guy that sucked all year) came out and completely owned Merriman yesterday. It got so bad for Merriman in the 2nd half, he started to line up on the other side and go against Kaczur instead of Light.

    Tough talk from a guy all week who cme out and laid a huge egg.

    LT's bit ch should be with Merriman, and not the Pats.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,233
    LT is arguable the best running back of all time. How do you lose a game when you have LT and Phillip Rivers at QB. Well SD did.

    If I was LT I'd be pissed also.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    During the week Merriman also said he was going to send a few of the Pats a "Lights Out" t-shirt...what a tool.

    I half expected him to try to line up in the middle after getting stuffed on both side.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    The first thing LT should have done was tell Merriman to shut his fly trap during the week leading up to the game. Publically saying "the Pats are really just another football team" and we "we should easily be able to shut down their offense" is pretty stupid.

    However, if Merriman came out and backed it up with a strong game, so be it.

    But what happened?

    Matt Light (yes, the guy that sucked all year) came out and completely owned Merriman yesterday. It got so bad for Merriman in the 2nd half, he started to line up on the other side and go against Kaczur instead of Light.

    Tough talk from a guy all week who cme out and laid a huge egg.

    LT's bit ch should be with Merriman, and not the Pats.
    Yes, and as a true fan that you are, the Patriots are without fault...

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,984
    Enraged? He seemed rather cool, calm, and collected to me...

    No matter how you slice it, what the Pats did after the win yesterday was disrespectful and classless. The hypocrisy in the NFL is astounding. When TO posed on the dallas star after a TD a couple of years ago, the media bashed him said he was scum. When the Pats collectively get together as a team and mock one of the opposing team's players after a victory, the media turns a blind eye and goes on praising the Pats as a classy organization.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    The first thing LT should have done was tell Merriman to shut his fly trap during the week leading up to the game. Publically saying "the Pats are really just another football team" and we "we should easily be able to shut down their offense" is pretty stupid.
    They are. They showed that. They played like crap yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    However, if Merriman came out and backed it up with a strong game, so be it.

    But what happened?

    Matt Light (yes, the guy that sucked all year) came out and completely owned Merriman yesterday. It got so bad for Merriman in the 2nd half, he started to line up on the other side and go against Kaczur instead of Light.
    Because he was holding him the entire game, but of course the refs decided to look past about 4 of those holds.

    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Tough talk from a guy all week who cme out and laid a huge egg.

    LT's bit ch should be with Merriman, and not the Pats.
    There's a way to win and a way to lose. The Pats showed they have no class when they win.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    I'd also attribute it to the Chargers losing the way they did. LT & the whole team clearly out played the Pats yesterday. Unfortunately and as with any given Sunday, it came down to the kicker blowing it with seconds left on the clock.

    It reminded me of our Jets in the Pittsburgh 2004 playoff game and that awful memory of Doug Brien pulling up his socks, Herm on the sidelines with his finger up his........ahh nevermind.

    Hey LT, we feel your pain.
    I think its safe to say the Pats outplayed San Diego. Whats with you people you know i hate the Pats more than ice hates fire but seriously there was no way in hell that they were going to loose that game. After we played them in the playoffs wo years ago i lost all respect for that team and no matter how good they seem to do in the end they are marshmellows...oh and Marty Schottenhiemer was their coach and his #1 seed curse is real...

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets330
    Why was LT so inraged at the end of the game?
    Because he just watched his chance at a ring disappear at the hands of the worst playoff coach in the history of the NFL.

    Give LT the ball Marty...you effin MORON.

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,321
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Because he just watched his chance at a ring disappear at the hands of the worst playoff coach in the history of the NFL.

    Give LT the ball Marty...you effin MORON.
    ... how up 8 at home in the 4th you don't feed the league MVP the ball at least 75% of the time is a mystery to me ... IDIOTIC !!! ...



    l_j_r

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by PMCRW
    I think its safe to say the Pats outplayed San Diego.
    Not for 3.5 quarters they didn't.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan110
    Because the classless Patriots came running onto the field and collectivley did the shawn merriman dance and some players were flaunting the choke sign on the bolt and parading around like a bunch of idiots. Dont get me wrong, i totally agree with celebrating and having a good time after winning a game like that but im so sick of being told the Patriots have class, they dont. I count atleast 15 cheap shots every game i watch when they play. Bruschi prolly does it the most.

    Good for LT, he is the leader on this team and he went out fighting for his player. Thats what a leader does, i see no problem with it, just a problem with the Patriots, im still waiting for the day they suck, or they lose Brady for a season to an injury, but that wont be for awhile. anyway, just venting.
    LT is a leader. The Pats behavior will be a rallying point for the Chargers next year. The Chargers will be playing like an angry team next season just to get another chance to rub the Pats nose in it.

  16. #16
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,039
    Quote Originally Posted by PMCRW
    I think its safe to say the Pats outplayed San Diego. Whats with you people you know i hate the Pats more than ice hates fire but seriously there was no way in hell that they were going to loose that game. After we played them in the playoffs wo years ago i lost all respect for that team and no matter how good they seem to do in the end they are marshmellows...oh and Marty Schottenhiemer was their coach and his #1 seed curse is real...

    Agree to disagree here. I didn't see the Pats outplay anyone yesterday, especially the pats offense.


    They were getting shut down on every 3rd down. Brady looked sad out there, with sacs, picks and his pocket collapsing more times than I could count. It's not about being bitter or the pats being our division rival, I just thought the Chargers played a better game both offensively & defensively yesterday and deserved to advance.

    Hey, in all fairness though, I do plan on being a bandwagon Colts fan this Sunday .....LOL!

  17. #17
    Football is an emotinal game. Merriman is a complete jerk. It is okay to do a sack dance after potentially injuring a quarterback, but its not okay when a team celebrates after winning an emotional road game to advance to the AFC finals? Being objective, this is sour grapes. If you want to say be more original than to copy someone elses dance, fine! But I can guarantee you if San Diego won that game, they would have done just as much celebrating.

    Besides, San Diego may have won that game had that jerk Florence not headbutted Ben Watson after a crucial thrid down stop by the SD Defense. At least th PAts are well-coached enough to know when to act like "classless jerks".

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    LT & the whole team clearly out played the Pats yesterday.
    First downs.. Pats 18... Bolts 21

    3rd down conv. Pats 4-17 Bolts 5-14

    Punt Avg. Pats 44.1 yds Bolts 36.6 yds

    Fumbles Pats 2 Bolts 3

    Ints Pats 3 Bolts 1

    Comp.-At Pats 27 -51 Bolts 14-32

    Sacked-Yards Lost Pats 2-4 Bolts3-26

    Total Net Yards Pats 327 Bolts 352

    Time Of Poss. Pats 29:06 Bolts 30:54

    You really should try watching these games sober.....

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by mallamalla
    Football is an emotinal game. Merriman is a complete jerk. It is okay to do a sack dance after potentially injuring a quarterback, but its not okay when a team celebrates after winning an emotional road game to advance to the AFC finals? Being objective, this is sour grapes. If you want to say be more original than to copy someone elses dance, fine! But I can guarantee you if San Diego won that game, they would have done just as much celebrating.

    Besides, San Diego may have won that game had that jerk Florence not headbutted Ben Watson after a crucial thrid down stop by the SD Defense. At least th PAts are well-coached enough to know when to act like "classless jerks".
    Well said. The truth is the Chargers could not imagine losing this game. They saw it as their right. LT reacted like he was stunned because he was. I give the guy a pass since by all accounts he is a great guy.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly
    Enraged? He seemed rather cool, calm, and collected to me...

    No matter how you slice it, what the Pats did after the win yesterday was disrespectful and classless. The hypocrisy in the NFL is astounding. When TO posed on the dallas star after a TD a couple of years ago, the media bashed him said he was scum. When the Pats collectively get together as a team and mock one of the opposing team's players after a victory, the media turns a blind eye and goes on praising the Pats as a classy organization.
    TO p*ssed on a whole team, The Pats p*ssed on a loud mouth cheater who has been running his suckhole all week. If the Jets had done the same thing, you would be giddy.....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us