Thread: Drafting a RB

All League

Drafting a RB

If the jets do decide to draft a rb who do you think we go with or rather what? Do we go with a every down back or someone to compliment washington?

M. Bush seem like he would be a good compliment to washington being that he is so big a 6'3" 250 lbs.

This would kind of be like what the giants have with tiki and jacobs. Hopefully the carries would be more evenly distrubted though.

So again what kind of guy do you think we go with?

Hall Of Fame

Practice Squad
    I would take Bush, even though his upright running style worries me a little, I also like Irons from Auburn. I think those are the rb's that will be there at 26. To be honest I haven't looked at the draft class yet.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-O-Gold

Good choice. I'd go Marshawn Lynch all the way.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by white lightning
    I would take Bush, even though his upright running style worries me a little, I also like Irons from Auburn. I think those are the rb's that will be there at 26. To be honest I haven't looked at the draft class yet.
    Irons is too small...we need a power back. I'd love Lynch--he's the total package--but there's no way he gets past 15, let alone to 25.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by dbatesman
    Irons is too small...we need a power back. I'd love Lynch--he's the total package--but there's no way he gets past 15, let alone to 25.
    Most of the early mock drafts have him going to the Jets at 25.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    I'd be happy with any of the top 3.... Peterson, Lynch or Bush... but if we can't get any of them... I'd be REAL quick to offer a trade for Turner....

All League
    We would need to trade up to get him. I hate giving up picks, but I guess this is up to the draftnick's and the 'value' of picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead
    We would need to trade up to get him. I hate giving up picks, but I guess this is up to the draftnick's and the 'value' of picks.
    chart wise what would we need to give up to move up to get him....lets say 16th........i would give up 25th, 3rd and a late pick.....prob not more.

this guys is the real deal, if we got him in the first, then a DE and a CB in the second i would be happy. realisticaly i dont really see a good run stopping DT like we need dropping past the first or maybe the top of the second round.

this guys is the real deal, if we got him in the first, then a DE and a CB in the second i would be happy. realisticaly i dont really see a good run stopping DT like we need dropping past the first or maybe the top of the second round.

After Alan Branch and Okoye, there's no first or even second round NT talent available. But there should be some 3-4 DE and several OLB available in the 2nd round.

Lynch just might slip to us. But if it's Lynch or Woodley, that would be a tough call. Help the running game or get more pressure on defense. I guess I'd like to see how they both do in the combine and how good Woodley is in coverage before deciding.

If they're equal, I'd have to go with our biggest need and take Woodley.

And Lynch is the only RB I'd take in round 1. Irons is too small and Bush is still injured. And Peterson will be long gone by 25.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever
    And Lynch is the only RB I'd take in round 1. Irons is too small and Bush is still injured. And Peterson will be long gone by 25.
    you're right, thats why we can get a good RB with one of our 2s, with guys like Tony Hunt from PSU, who is Underrated, and might be this year's Frank Gore, also Antonio Pittman,the most underrated player in college football,or Kenneth Darby from 'bama, or Darius Walker from Overrated Dame...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jets4ever51
    you're right, thats why we can get a good RB with one of our 2s, with guys like Tony Hunt from PSU, who is Underrated, and might be this year's Frank Gore, also Antonio Pittman,the most underrated player in college football,or Kenneth Darby from 'bama, or Darius Walker from Overrated Dame...
    tony hunt sucks........he is JAG in college and less then that in the NFL, if the jets waste a pick on him ill be pissed.

not to mention the penn state runningbacks dont have the best track record.

Banned
    tony hunt sucks........he is JAG in college and less then that in the NFL, if the jets waste a pick on him ill be pissed.

not to mention the penn state runningbacks dont have the best track record.
    damn, your right....Tony should've come out last year, he would've been a 4th rounder, this year, he is a 5th-7th rounder

Hall Of Fame
    damn, your right....Tony should've come out last year, he would've been a 4th rounder, this year, he is a 5th-7th rounder
    i dont know if thats sarcasm but see for youself.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/8112/

nothing special.

Banned
    not being sarcastic, those are decent numbers, he deserves a RFA contract indeed, I want him on the team, just as a RFA though, now that you changed my opinion

Hall Of Fame
    not being sarcastic, those are decent numbers, he deserves a RFA contract indeed, I want him on the team, just as a RFA though, now that you changed my opinion
    aagh....if we get a featured back id keep houston and washington.