Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots rant

Undrafted Free Agent

Patriots rant

I'm in good company with my fellow Jets fans here. Watching the game yesterday was miserable. I thought you guys might enjoy reading the rant I wrote over at the PFR blog. If this is considering spamming, mods please delete -- I don't mean to offend. I'm a mod over at another forum and I understand each forum has its own unique rules.

Anyway, here's to a Colts victory.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...rdpress/?p=233

All League
    I like the rant!
    Belichick is the scum of the earth, and Brady sucks!

All League
    Loved it. Well said...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7

Belichick is the scum of the earth, and Brady sucks!

Brady and Belichick are 12-1 in the playoffs.

As a Jets fan, would you like those results?

Time for your cookies and milk.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

I would rather be 1-12 in the playoffs and be a Jets Fan (Nothing better than a trip from Houston to Newark to drink beer with the best fans in the world) than 12-1 and have to watch the BB meltdown over the next 2-3 years. Did ya see Billy push and shove a few photographers on his way to and from the Mangini neck squeeze. He is not happy man. He used to be... but the rings and the nightly prayer vigil to Lucifer have eaten his soul......2007 prediction....Belichek tries to tackle Justin Miller and is committed to the Woody Hall-of-Shame.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_13
    I would rather be 1-12 in the playoffs and be a Jets Fan (Nothing better than a trip from Houston to Newark to drink beer with the best fans in the world) than 12-1 and have to watch the BB meltdown over the next 2-3 years. Did ya see Billy push and shove a few photographers on his way to and from the Mangini neck squeeze. He is not happy man. He used to be... but the rings and the nightly prayer vigil to Lucifer have eaten his soul......2007 prediction....Belichek tries to tackle Justin Miller and is committed to the Woody Hall-of-Shame.
    Hard to argue with such brilliance, why you're not commentating on Cold Pizza is a mystery to me.

All League

That's the famous cop out. Well, "they are 12-1 in the playoffs." I don't think anyone is disputing that. But, that rant clearly points out that for the most part it's been that team and not only Tom Brady (like everyone would have one believe).

I wrote a thread similar to that a few weeks ago. I reiterate what I've said on this board already once today.

Tom Brady is no better than Ray Lucas.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen
    That's the famous cop out. Well, "they are 12-1 in the playoffs." I don't think anyone is disputing that. But, that rant clearly points out that for the most part it's been that team and not only Tom Brady (like everyone would have one believe).

I wrote a thread similar to that a few weeks ago. I reiterate what I've said on this board already once today.

And he is gay And no you can't have him

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen

Ok I'll take a quick ride on your short bus for a moment. If this is true, why is Lucas no longer a starting QB in the NFL? Duuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

Ok that's enough, my IQ is dropping by the second...I want to get off the bus now and rejoin reality.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 01-15-2007 at 06:52 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Why is it so hard for Pats fans to admit that the classy thing to do is just take the high road, say "good game," and walk off the field?

The fact is, talking trash before a game and gloating after a game are two totally different things.

Look the Pats win, congrats, noone said you have to win with class to win, however I think what happened yesterday is exactly what's wrong with sports today, which is the fact that "acting like you've been there before" is just to outrageous of a concept for the athletes of today to understand.

There has never been a better title of a book than Vince Lombardi's biography, which is "When Pride Still Mattered."

Sadly, in most sports, it just doesn't matter anymore. Everyone complains that they get no respect, everyone needs to talk trash, and everyone needs to dance when they make a big play.

What the heck is so hard about just winning a game to shut another player or team up if they trash talked during the week? Why is that not enough?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfootballguy
    I'm in good company with my fellow Jets fans here. Watching the game yesterday was miserable. I thought you guys might enjoy reading the rant I wrote over at the PFR blog. If this is considering spamming, mods please delete -- I don't mean to offend. I'm a mod over at another forum and I understand each forum has its own unique rules.

Anyway, here's to a Colts victory.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...rdpress/?p=233
    Lots of hate. I don't blame you, if I were a fan of another NFL team I would hate them to. And here's to a Patriots victory.

Undrafted Free Agent

Please tell me that the game agains the Raiders in 2001, that Brady played spectacular. Please, that was clearly a fumble, and you know it. Yesterday, Javar Gaffney swings at a Chargers defensive player and is not flagged, instead San Diego is flagged. Then, when the game is on the line, Phillip Rivers gets knocked down after the play was over, "excessive it would appear" but no flag. You guys are the luckiest bastards ever. You are just lucky that the San Diego defensive backs catch as well as my two year old son!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign
    Ok I'll take a quick ride on your short bus for a moment. If this is true, why is Lucas no longer a starting QB in the NFL? Duuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

Ok that's enough, my IQ is dropping by the second...I want to get off the bus now and rejoin reality.
    At least Lucas is Human..Tony Cornheiser's Dog can throw a ball farther then Chad and he's a Chihuahua!

Undrafted Free Agent

Yes, this is the general reason for the Pats fan hatred. As my friend Doug , who isn't a Jets fan points out, the smugness of Pats fans is the problem. Obviously Jets fans hate Pats fans, but it seems every NFL fan is sick of the holier than thou Pats fan attitude.

"Im not sure if its the fans, the media, the players, or just my perception, but the feeling I got following the 2001 SB was very different from other teams.

Rams buzz: we won because weve got speed, speed, speed, and a crazy cool offensive scheme.

Ravens buzz: were kickin it old school with the best D of all time and a smashmouth running game. Woo Hoo.

Bucs buzz: no, our defense is the best of all time, and our O aint bad either.

Patriots 2001 buzz: we won because WE ARE MORALLY SUPERIOR HUMAN BEINGS!

Its one thing to say that luck is part of the game and that they earned the championship fair and square. Its another to not even acknowledge that some lucky breaks did in fact occur. The 2003 team was a very good team in a conference full of very good teams. The 2004 team was a great team in a conference full of very good teams. But 2001 just sticks in my craw. "

Quote Originally Posted by savage69
    At least Lucas is Human..Tony Cornheiser's Dog can throw a ball farther then Chad and he's a Chihuahua!
    Cornheiser's dog has yet to win a playoff game however....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinsdaddy23
    Please tell me that the game agains the Raiders in 2001, that Brady played spectacular.
    14/14 in a driving blizzard in the 4th quarter and overtime.

What the hell do you want the guy to do?

Hall Of Fame
    mmmm, sounds good right about now mate!!

Banned
    14/14 in a driving blizzard in the 4th quarter and overtime.

What the hell do you want the guy to do?
    22,009 and counting huh....you go patsfanTX who needs a life when u can troll

Hall Of Fame
    Tex has a degree in trolling, and i wanna get a degree in bowling!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    Tex has a degree in trolling, and i wanna get a degree in bowling!!!!
    hehe..................wait...wat???