Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: GGI's 1 ROUND MOCK

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232

    GGI's 1 ROUND MOCK

    1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU*
    2. Detroit Lions Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas*
    3. Cleveland Browns Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
    4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech*
    5. Arizona Cardinals Alan Branch DT Michigan*
    6. Washington Redskins - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
    7. Minnesota Vikings Dwayne Jarrett WR USC*
    8. Houston Texans Adrian Petersen RB Oklahoma*
    9. Miami Dolphins Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
    10. Atlanta Falcons Amobi Okoye DT Louisvile
    11. San Francisco 49ers Reggie Nelson S Florida*
    12. Buffalo Bills Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh*
    13. St. Louis Rams Charles Johnson DE Georgia*
    14. Carolina Panthers Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss
    15. Pittsburgh Steelers Jarvis Moss OLB Florida*
    16. Green Bay Packers Marshawn Lynch RB Cal*
    17. Jacksonville Jaguars Earl Everett OLB Florida
    18. Cincinnati Bengals LaRon Landry S LSU
    19. Tennessee Titans Leon Hall CB Michigan
    20. New York Giants Chris Houston CB Arkansas*
    21. Denver Broncos Quintin Moses DE Georgia
    22. Dallas Cowboys Levi Brown OT Penn State
    23. Kansas City Chiefs Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State*
    24. New England Patriots (from Seattle) Brandon Siler ILB Florida*
    25. New York Jets Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
    26. Philadelphia Eagles Lawrence Timmons OLB FSU*
    27. Baltimore Ravens LaMarr Woodley LB Michigan
    28. San Diego Chargers Robert Meachem WR Tennessee*
    29. New Orleans Saints Zach Miller TE Arizona St.*
    30. Indianapolis Colts Jon Beason OLB Miami*
    31. New England Patriots Brian Leonard HB/FB Rutgers
    32. Chicago Bears Jeff Samardzija WR Notre Dame

  2. #2
    Anderson going #2 - that's higher than I've seen him so he'd have to have a great combine. But stud DE's in the SEC tend to be popular

    I think Cleveland would actually go with Quinn. It fills a need and he's an Ohio boy so it would be good for ticket sales.

    That would push Thomas to Arizona to fill a huge need for them (especially if they lose their LT).

    I could see Okoye in the top 10 no problem.

    Jets with Carriker over Woodley. I think that's a little bit need over talent. But Kimo does stink. Either guy could really help us.

    Patriots with Leonard - I see that as a real possibility with that last 1st round pick.

    Bears getting Samardzija - fills a need and fits with his baseball career on the Cubs. ND guys are also popular in Chicago. Really good call on your part.

    I think Justin Blalock would be in there somewhere. Not sure for whom, however.

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Finally, a mock with some fresh air in it.

    Well done my friend, although Leonard to the Pats makes my spine hurt.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Drafting QBs is risky business and I'm not convinced Quinn is a top 5 QB. Plus, I pride myself on putting different mocks out there so there you have it. Maybe the Browns bring in a vet like Leftwich or Garcia and select Troy Smith in either the 2nd or 3rd.

    Your opinion of Woodley over Carriker is fair, but its a deep draft for 3-4 OLBs. There arn't too many 6'6 295 lbs with 4.7(allegedly) speed around...

    As far as Blalock goes, guys who can't play LT seem to drop(especially if teams only see him at G) I think Sears will go ahead of him and he very well could be there at our early 2nd...

  5. #5
    HORRIBLE, Okoye is not a first rounder yet alone a top 10 pick. are you a gator homer? noway they but 3 in the first round...1 or 2 tops (nelson and moss if he blows up in the combine). Leonard in the first round...mind boggling, who would take a FB in the first round. dont give me hes a RB too crap, the pats drafted a RB last year.

  6. #6
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider]Drafting QBs is risky business and I'm not convinced Quinn is a top 5 QB. Plus, I pride myself on putting different mocks out there so there you have it. Maybe the Browns bring in a vet like Leftwich or Garcia and select Troy Smith in either the 2nd or 3rd.

    Your opinion of Woodley over Carriker is fair, but its a deep draft for 3-4 OLBs. There arn't too many 6'6 295 lbs with 4.7(allegedly) speed around...

    As far as Blalock goes, guys who can't play LT seem to drop(especially if teams only see him at G) I think Sears will go ahead of him and he very well could be there at our early 2nd...[/QUOTE]

    thank you! blalock will be there in the 2nd, some people around here think there is no chance of that.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Finally, a mock with some fresh air in it.

    Well done my friend, although Leonard to the Pats makes my spine hurt.
    I can see that as Belichick "smiting" his pupil. Shoot, our little draft forum there has predicted Mangini will love Leonard, so everyone in football is going to know it...Patriots don't have a lot of needs, and he fits the team-first attitude of the Pats so why not? Why not add another weapon to the offense?

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,940
    I like it, im going to leave more feedback soon but for now.

    1. --So Jamal Anderson is this years Mario Williams? With hearing that so many times in the last few weeks Im surprised nobody has moved him up till now. Him going 2 is entirely possible--But is he a cover 2 speed rusher? Marinelli is a guy who likes the Abraham's and Rice's......

    2. --Didnt cleveland just give a LT last year 40 million dolllars or somthing crazy? Can you actually see them passing on Quinn for a position they spent that amount of money on with their jobs on the line this year?

    3. Number 9 would make me sick, But thank god its not happening. And I say that in a really good way. (+ and yes I know Leinart went 10th)

    4. Question, Do you think the cardinals switch to a 3-4 now?

    Some of the picks are so dead on as of now(Patrick Willis), you could tell you put time into this. Great mock.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,940
    Quote Originally Posted by jagr68
    HORRIBLE, Okoye is not a first rounder yet alone a top 10 pick. are you a gator homer? noway they but 3 in the first round...1 or 2 tops (nelson and moss if he blows up in the combine). Leonard in the first round...mind boggling, who would take a FB in the first round. dont give me hes a RB too crap, the pats drafted a RB last year.

    Were did you hear Okoye is not a first rounder? With Dorsey staying, I would bet any amount of money he goes first--ANY.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by jagr68
    HORRIBLE, Okoye is not a first rounder yet alone a top 10 pick. are you a gator homer? noway they but 3 in the first round...1 or 2 tops (nelson and moss if he blows up in the combine). Leonard in the first round...mind boggling, who would take a FB in the first round. dont give me hes a RB too crap, the pats drafted a RB last year.
    Ok sweetie- at least your rant gives me the opportunity to explain some picks..

    Okoye's not a first rounder? He dominated almost every game. Tremendously quick off the ball, powerful at the point, huge stats despite double teams...Atlanta has a huge need for a DT and no doubt Petrino is going to want to bring in his guy. And what makes Okoye's value so igh? His age. He put up that level of production at 19 years old. He's so young that he can be shaped and molded into whatver teams want. Don't underestimate his age and how that will help his draft stock...

    Gators just won the National Championship for a reason. Nelson's a monster. Moss will blow up the combine and might turn out to be the best 3-4 OLB in the draft. Everett is coming off a terrific game in the NC, the Jaguars need an OLB, and Jaguars scouts don't have to go far to scout the kid being in the same state. They drafted Mike Petersen out of UF, and look at the career he had...Perfect guy to tutor Everett...

    And Belichick was sniffing around UF's campus in spring- no secret. He loves Meyer, his players, the entire program. Siler won't be the only Gator he drafts...

    Of course when you pigeon-hole Leonard as a FB, the pick seems ridiculous. But he's a weapon. FB, RB, H-back, hell- split him out wide at WR. You cans ee the rest of the explanation above...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jagr68
    HORRIBLE, Okoye is not a first rounder yet alone a top 10 pick. are you a gator homer? noway they but 3 in the first round...1 or 2 tops (nelson and moss if he blows up in the combine). Leonard in the first round...mind boggling, who would take a FB in the first round. dont give me hes a RB too crap, the pats drafted a RB last year.

    Yeah, 20 year old's who can play anywhere on the DL are a dime a dozen. He's only going to get stronger and better over the next few years. He'll go top 15 for sure.

    If not I guarantee he'll go at #25 because Tangini won't pass on a potential NT like that.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    jarrett seems a bit high GGI, and a couple of radical players in radical places...

    seems like you liked where I put Jamaal in my mock -- i couldnt tell.

    I'm with you on Quinn.

    I need to look more closely at some of these LBs you have going in the 1st.

    What makes you think Jarrett goes top ten?

    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Finally, a mock with some fresh air in it.

    Well done my friend, although Leonard to the Pats makes my spine hurt.
    Don't even tell me you didn't see mine RJF!

    http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=135521
    Last edited by Darth Vader; 01-15-2007 at 10:53 PM.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes
    I like it, im going to leave more feedback soon but for now.

    1. --So Jamal Anderson is this years Mario Williams? With hearing that so many times in the last few weeks Im surprised nobody has moved him up till now. Him going 2 is entirely possible--But is he a cover 2 speed rusher? Marinelli is a guy who likes the Abraham's and Rice's......

    2. --Didnt cleveland just give a LT last year 40 million dolllars or somthing crazy? Can you actually see them passing on Quinn for a position they spent that amount of money on with their jobs on the line this year?

    3. Number 9 would make me sick, But thank god its not happening. And I say that in a really good way. (+ and yes I know Leinart went 10th)

    4. Question, Do you think the cardinals switch to a 3-4 now?

    Some of the picks are so dead on as of now(Patrick Willis), you could tell you put time into this. Great mock.

    Anderson's close- but I don't think he's as quick off the ball Williams is. Obviously, I still think highly of him. Cover 2 affects coverages, I don't think it should affect what type of DE they draft just because TB had Rice.

    Browns passing on Quinn explanation above. Crennell might also be coaching to save his job. I'm not sold on Quinn as a top 5 QB and I think they'll grab an immediate impact player and I think they'll sign a Leftwich/Garcia/whoever and then draft Troy Smith in the 2nd or 3rd.

    Dolphins don't plan on drafting a QB, but QUinn falls in their laps and the new coach wants to put his mark on the franchise.

    No, i don't think so- but I'm not a Cardinals expert.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider
    Of course when you pigeon-hole Leonard as a FB, the pick seems ridiculous. But he's a weapon. FB, RB, H-back, hell- split him out wide at WR.

    Leonard has the kind of talent that makes Offensive Coordinators salivate. He's proven that he can do pretty much anything on the offense - run, block, catch passes. A crafty OC will find lots of ways to maximize his talents. It's definitely a case of the "rich getting richer" since teams with glaring holes can't afford to pick him in the first round. So teams that are fairly complete (like the Patriots) really benefit.

    Leonard is probably the most likely candidate of this draft class to make All-Pro first.
    Last edited by lageman4ever; 01-15-2007 at 10:58 PM.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    jarrett seems a bit high GGI, and a couple of radical players in radical places...

    seems like you liked where I put Jamaal in my mock -- i couldnt tell.

    I'm with you on Quinn.

    I need to look more closely at some of these LBs you have going in the 1st.

    What makes you think Jarrett goes top ten?



    Don't even tell me you didn't see mine RJF!

    http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=135521

    Vikings' pressing need for a WR and how well he fits Childress' WCO. I don't think Jarrett is a "Childress guy" and I'm not sold on that pick, but it was a must in y mock. They need WRs...

    As far as radical players in radial places...thank you. Exactly what I'm shotting for. Want to see a mock with the same players going in near identical spots?

    I think Siler's a 2nd round LB, but I think Belichick goes Gator...he'll do well in the 3-4. Tackling machine...

    And Everett played his way into the 1st-2nd border IMO. His workouts will push him further up and like I mentioned. Jax look at the local university as they had success drafting Peterson out of UF...

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by jagr68

    thank you! blalock will be there in the 2nd, some people around here think there is no chance of that.
    SIGH....

    I remember when the draft forum used to be void of BS like this.

    If you feel the need to call me out, then just say my name.

    I, like the majority of draft sites out there, consider Blalock a first rounder so far, whether or not that remains true after the combine could most certainly change, but as of right now, the majority consensus is that Blalock is a first rounder.

    Also, I have yet to hear your argument as to why you DON'T consider Blalock a first rounder, your reply when I said that Blalock in the 2nd was wishful thinking, was:
    Quote Originally Posted by jagr68
    so was winston justice last year..o wait
    However then, one post later, you said in regards to Antonio Pittman:

    Quote Originally Posted by jagr68
    yea, its only where he is projected to go
    Simply put, you dogged Blalock's projection while saying Pittman's projection (although he doesn't exactly have a definite one yet) is totally realistic. Why?

    Basically, you never explained why you think Blalock is not going in the first. Now, here comes GGI saying if, and let me stress the "if" there, teams project him as only a guard, he'll fall, yet you somehow take this as confirmation that he'll most definitely drop.

    1. Guards have a history of going in the first round, if Blalock is looked at as good enough, there's still a chance he could go in the first.

    2. Most discussions about him include the fact that he ISN'T "just a guard," he can pretty much play 3 out of 5 positions on the offensive line. Now I realize you're a Longhorns fan, thus, you might think you know any and all about a player just because you've seen him play every week, however all I can go by is what I've seen on the field, read in his profiles, and also qhat words I've seen come straight from the man's mouth.

    Also a player as smart as Blalock, playing at the level he has, tend to go first when they're a road grader at the level he's been while having the nasty (but smart) streak he has in him. Throw in the fact that a lot view him as one of the better guards to come out since Steve Hutchinson in 2001, and for right now, RIGHT NOW, there's more reason to think he'll be going in the first rather than not.

    In other words, if you think a player is going to fall, then by all means, let's hear it. However, just because one player who plays an entirely diferent position fell from where internet sites projected him to go, doesn't mean that will definitely happen to another specific player, and it's pretty lame reasoning. Next time get your point across more clearly and you won't be called out on it, and save the smugness for the main forum, we don't go that route in this part of the board.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider
    Vikings' pressing need for a WR and how well he fits Childress' WCO. I don't think Jarrett is a "Childress guy" and I'm not sold on that pick, but it was a must in y mock. They need WRs...

    As far as radical players in radial places...thank you. Exactly what I'm shotting for. Want to see a mock with the same players going in near identical spots?

    I think Siler's a 2nd round LB, but I think Belichick goes Gator...he'll do well in the 3-4. Tackling machine...

    And Everett played his way into the 1st-2nd border IMO. His workouts will push him further up and like I mentioned. Jax look at the local university as they had success drafting Peterson out of UF...
    the siler pick in particular was IMO a rad one. surprising.

    in looking at your draft it is eerily similar to mine in some places, i take that as a huge compliment. you improved upon mine in a few key places also.

    there are a couple of picks i'd have to meditate on...

    overall:

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    My opinion is Blalock can't play LT. yeah teams will love his versatility, but OGs and RTs seem to go a little lower than he's projected. Plus in the 2nd I was sketching out, he was going to one of the top 5 teams in the 2nd. Not a huge drop. It's just how my mock played out, but I do think Sears will go higher because I think he can play LT at the next level. I do not believe Blalock has no chance of going 1st round...

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    the siler pick in particular was IMO a rad one. surprising.

    in looking at your draft it is eerily similar to mine in some places, i take that as a huge compliment. you improved upon mine in a few key places also.

    there are a couple of picks i'd have to meditate on...

    overall:
    Ok well I havn't looked at your mock since the day it came out and the only pick I remember was Anderson at #2- which i've also seen elsewhere so...

    Yup, reaches happen, coaches fall in love with players...

    Is Siler a 1st rounder IMO? Probably not...but as mentioned, I think Urban will draft more than one Florida Gators and Siler fits the scheme. Your stock is pretty high when you played on the NC team..

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider
    My opinion is Blalock can't play LT. yeah teams will love his versatility, but OGs and RTs seem to go a little lower than he's projected. Plus in the 2nd I was sketching out, he was going to one of the top 5 teams in the 2nd. Not a huge drop. It's just how my mock played out, but I do think Sears will go higher because I think he can play LT at the next level. I do not believe Blalock has no chance of going 1st round...
    Oh most def GGI, mocks this time of year are almost a crapshoot regardless.

    However guards (even players who are "just guards,") have gone first round PLENTY of times in draft history. And if you ask me, I'd consider Blalock a better prospect than Davin Joseph, Mankins, or Vernon Carey any day of the week.

    Throw in the fact that he can play RT at a VERY high level if needs be, and I think it's more realistic at THIS point in the year that he's a first rounder rather than a second.

    All in all, as I said, well done on this mock. Very different but also very realistic and it was nice to see projections different than what the majority of the rest of the web has been putting out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us