Thread: OT: NY Giants

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

OT: NY Giants

I was reading thru some NFL news and it mentioned something about Tiki's new TV job offers. It has just occured to me how bad off the Giants franchise is going to be and how Tiki's early retirement is going to directly affect the team for years to come. This guy was the heart and soul of the team...It will take years for them to recover.

He carried the team for this '06 season and that still wasn't good enough to take them to the top...They will definately be worse next season by a longshot...They are a completely different and deficient team without Tiki Barber..They are nowhere near a playoff team without him...Look for them to finish last in the NFC East next year.

For years the Jets have taken a back seat in NY against the Giants, but Tiki's early retirement has changed that. The Jets are taking over NY football.

Charter JI Member
    What do you mean...the Giants only have to replace 2000+ yards from scrimmage, you don't think Jacobs is up to that task?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    What do you mean...the Giants only have to replace 2000+ yards from scrimmage, you don't think Jacobs is up to that task?
    They almost have to go RB in the 1st round in the draft. Either that or maybe they give up there 1st for Turner..They need to do something.

Tiki was an MVP of the league type player..And he made there team go.. It will be night and day without him. I smell big trouble for the Blue.

and the big contract that m. strahan is going to want

All Pro
    The Giants aren't good with or without Tiki. The Giants are full of players that other teams did not want to re-sign for one reason for another.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    I was reading thru some NFL news and it mentioned something about Tiki's new TV job offers. It has just occured to me how bad off the Giants franchise is going to be and how Tiki's early retirement is going to directly affect the team for years to come. This guy was the heart and soul of the team...It will take years for them to recover.

He carried the team for this '06 season and that still wasn't good enough to take them to the top...They will definately be worse next season by a longshot...They are a completely different and deficient team without Tiki Barber..They are nowhere near a playoff team without him...Look for them to finish last in the NFC East next year.

For years the Jets have taken a back seat in NY against the Giants, but Tiki's early retirement has changed that. The Jets are taking over NY football.
    Like Curtis Martin was for us? Look, I'm a huge CMart fan but the Jets moved on pretty quickly without him. Sure, we still need a Tier 1 running back but we won 10 games and made the playoffs without a guy who lead the NFL in rushing just 2 years ago!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    Like Curtis Martin was for us? Look, I'm a huge CMart fan but the Jets moved on pretty quickly without him. Sure, we still need a Tier 1 running back but we won 10 games and made the playoffs without a guy who lead the NFL in rushing just 2 years ago!

Exactly. It just proves how overrated the Running Back position is. Curtis and Barber were both great backs, but RB is BY FAR the easiest position to fill. There are good runners everywhere. If you have a good o-line you can plug almost anyone in there and be ok (as long as the guy isn't fumbling all the time). As much as it will make me vomit, the Giants will be in the playoffs again next year. Watch.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    HHHAAAAH..... thats funny.... but its sad too because that is actually the answer on every Giant fans lips, when you ask how they are going to replace Tiki... and thier actually pretty confident with that answer.... LOL

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 13
    HHHAAAAH..... thats funny.... but its sad too because that is actually the answer on every Giant fans lips, when you ask how they are going to replace Tiki... and thier actually pretty confident with that answer.... LOL
    Jacobs is pretty good but Coughlin utilized him terribly unless that changes next year could be the same situation.

Banned

we will be ight

ight listen you cocksucking *****s.. the giants will still be good without Barber.. better than the jets but still ight cuz its like this in my mind

ELI > CHAD.. eli will progress and he can throw over 15 yards.. plus the jets dont play HS level teams again this year

JACOBS > WASHINGTON.. i just feel like brandon jacobs is a better runner

PLAXICO > COLES.. jets fans admit it plaxico is a top 10 reciever dont believe me watch ESPN NEWS a guest analysis had him in the top 10

TOOMER > COTCHERY.. its like this everyone thinks Cotchery is good cuz of his catch against the pats but thats one play compare the #s.. also Toomer's catch against the Broncos last year was better

SHOCKEY > BAKER.. dont even need to explain it

Giants D-Line > Jets D-Line.. Strahan is getting older but still is a force.. Osi Umenyiora is a Pro Bowler.. interior giants must improve but the overall line is still great thanks to the ends

Giant Linebackers > Jets Linebackers.. LaVar Arrington, Antonio Pierce, and Carlos Emmons!! be serious as much as i dont like emmons he is still an above average linebacker.. but in the middle is very underrated antonio pierce.. and on the outside is arrington who was finally getting back to his old self last year before the injust

THE 2 PHASES OF THE GAME THAT I GIVE TO THE JETS ARE COACHING AND SECONDARY

holla lata 1 you lil green fags... p.s. GIANTS STADIUM

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSsuckGOblue
    ight listen you cocksucking *****s.. the giants will still be good without Barber.. better than the jets but still ight cuz its like this in my mind

ELI > CHAD.. eli will progress and he can throw over 15 yards.. plus the jets dont play HS level teams again this year

JACOBS > WASHINGTON.. i just feel like brandon jacobs is a better runner

PLAXICO > COLES.. jets fans admit it plaxico is a top 10 reciever dont believe me watch ESPN NEWS a guest analysis had him in the top 10

TOOMER > COTCHERY.. its like this everyone thinks Cotchery is good cuz of his catch against the pats but thats one play compare the #s.. also Toomer's catch against the Broncos last year was better

SHOCKEY > BAKER.. dont even need to explain it

Giants D-Line > Jets D-Line.. Strahan is getting older but still is a force.. Osi Umenyiora is a Pro Bowler.. interior giants must improve but the overall line is still great thanks to the ends

Giant Linebackers > Jets Linebackers.. LaVar Arrington, Antonio Pierce, and Carlos Emmons!! be serious as much as i dont like emmons he is still an above average linebacker.. but in the middle is very underrated antonio pierce.. and on the outside is arrington who was finally getting back to his old self last year before the injust

THE 2 PHASES OF THE GAME THAT I GIVE TO THE JETS ARE COACHING AND SECONDARY

holla lata 1 you lil green fags... p.s. GIANTS STADIUM
    Ight homie - take yer cross-dressing Patsie wannabe arse back to the Pats Board and stop pretending to be a REAL Gints fan with all this phoenetic nonsense. As if we'd even take you seriously as a Gints fan to begin with, but the whole gangbanger thingie is so old....just face it....the Gints s-u-c-k and will suck for years......The 2 phases of the game you give the Jets are Coaching and Secondary? What about Special Teams, not to mention Team Play in General. The Gints have a bunch of misfit, nobody-wants-'em, whatta-about-me type players.........and they SHOULD have fired Coughlin, that reason alone is why they will suck next year