Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Admit it, all Pats Trolls: This one Hurts, It Hurts Bad!

All League

Admit it, all Pats Trolls: This one Hurts, It Hurts Bad!

Where are all the Pats fans? Are they in hiding? Come on, how does it feel to have the win in the bag and have it snatched away from you?

It sucks
    I had a feeling the Colts were a different team this year and this proved it. They deserved the win.
    We still made it further than you though

All Pro
    I am here. This one stings, it was the big lead IMO. Defense went to sleep after the Patriots went up 21 - 3. Credit to Manning for getting the win. I didn't think he had it in him. Go Bears.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy1999
    It sucks
    I had a feeling the Colts were a different team this year and this proved it. They deserved the win.
    We still made it further than you though

Yup, that means you draft later. OUCH...another painful barb !!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Anyone see Belicheck just totally right past Manning after the game....Manning just gave him and pat on the chest.............haha

That guy's the biggest sore loser in professional sports.

Practice Squad
    I'm sure some of the pain is taken away by the fact that they have won 3 of the last 6 Super Bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    I'm sure some of the pain is taken away by the fact that they have won 3 of the last 6 Super Bowls.
    Im sure that helps. I do think there is something about losing to the colts though, especially in the fashion they did. That is their archrivals and I think the one thing that hurts Patriot fans the most is the Brady vs Manning debates when people side with Manning. Everyone points to the postseason to basically settle it. Except now Manning went down the field and beat the Pats. And not with a last second 50 yard FG. He led them up and down the field, scored 32 second half points, and finished it up with a 7 to win the game. This was after basically doing nothing for the last 10 quarters of football he played. Brady couldnt get 7. I think that stings as much as anything. Right now Pat fans would love to see Manning lose in the Super Bowl. My guess is they would rather see the Jets win the Super Bowl than the Colts.

Actually I like to see the best team win, and right now Peyton is one millionth more deserving than Rex i-don't-have-a-clue-what-i'm-doing-here Grossman.
    I will be ill if that space cowboy gets a ring. My son would be a better game manager than that poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    Yup, that means you draft later. OUCH...another painful barb !!!
    D'oh!!! It's not nice to kick someone while they are down!

All League
    Actually I like to see the best team win, and right now Peyton is one millionth more deserving than Rex i-don't-have-a-clue-what-i'm-doing-here Grossman.
    I will be ill if that space cowboy gets a ring. My son would be a better game manager than that poor thing.
    Agreed.

All League
    Not to be an ass because I agree with your point but...if Peyton is "one millionth" more deserving that would mean he would be more deserving than Grossman by a ridiculously small amount...I believe you mean Peyton is one million times more deserving

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    Agreed.
    my roommate made a pretty good analogy about rex during the game today.

"rex grossman reminds me of myself when i play football games. every once and a while i make a really good play, but for the most part, i have no clue what i'm doing"

Banned
    21-3

18 Point lead

IT WAS IN THE BAG

And then, suddenly .. IT WAS GONE

Biggest blown lead in Conference Title Game history

Biggest blown halftime lead {15} in CTG history, as no team had ever led by 8+ at halftime and lost a CTG

Biggest choke job in CTG history

18 Point lead .. POOF, UP IN SMOKE

32 Points surrendered in the second half .. 32 .. more points than the Pats had surrendered in any entire game in 2006 .. and it all happened in one half verses BB's vaunted schemes

I Guess Joe Theisman was right, there are no geniuses in football, the only geniuses are men like Norman Einstein

Suck on that, BB .. biggest choke job in CTG history .. put that Game-plan in the Hall of Fame

You know how they put his GP in the HOF, Giants Vs Bills .. well let's put this one right along side that one

Pats 21
    Colts 3

AND THEN

Colts 38
    Pats 34

Yep, let's get this defensive masterpiece in the HOF too

Oh yeah, and let's put that clock management gem in the HOF too .. I just love the way he allowed the Colts to run 40 seconds off the clock between snaps inside the 10 .. another stroke of genius from BB
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 01-22-2007 at 06:42 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac
    my roommate made a pretty good analogy about rex during the game today.

"rex grossman reminds me of myself when i play football games. every once and a while i make a really good play, but for the most part, i have no clue what i'm doing"
    that sounds like me during sex

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    I am happier the every time that last number gets larger.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby!
    Where are all the Pats fans? Are they in hiding? Come on, how does it feel to have the win in the bag and have it snatched away from you?
    It's the pits. We did it to ourselves though. If ol' bug eyes could catch a
    freakin' pass we would have had two td's instead of two field goals. Another
    eight points would have gone a long way. I hope everyone is ready for the
    Manning family love fest for the next two weeks.

TBP
    Last edited by The Boston Patriot; 01-22-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Practice Squad
    it was great to see mumbles after the game at the press conference he was almost speechless, i really hate that guy, what a sore loser

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot
    It's the pits. We did it to ourselves though. If ol' bug eyes could catch a
    freakin' pass we would have had two td's instead of two field goals. Another
    eight points would have gone a long way. I hope everyone is ready for the
    Manning family love fest for the next two weeks.

TBP
    He did win the game for you last week though. You might not have played yesterday if not for him.

All Pro
    If I were a Pats fan, I'd be looking at my D more than some WR.

It was the same thing with the Jets / Pats game - you simly cannot win a playoff game if you allow your opponent to score that many points, no matter how good an offense you have.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    21-3

18 Point lead

IT WAS IN THE BAG

And then, suddenly .. IT WAS GONE

Biggest blown lead in Conference Title Game history

Biggest blown halftime lead {15} in CTG history, as no team had ever led by 8+ at halftime and lost a CTG

Biggest choke job in CTG history

18 Point lead .. POOF, UP IN SMOKE

32 Points surrendered in the second half .. 32 .. more points than the Pats had surrendered in any entire game in 2006 .. and it all happened in one half verses BB's vaunted schemes

I Guess Joe Theisman was right, there are no geniuses in football, the only geniuses are men like Norman Einstein

Suck on that, BB .. biggest choke job in CTG history .. put that Game-plan in the Hall of Fame

You know how they put his GP in the HOF, Giants Vs Bills .. well let's put this one right along side that one

Pats 21
    Colts 3

AND THEN

Colts 38
    Pats 34

Yep, let's get this defensive masterpiece in the HOF too

Oh yeah, and let's put that clock management gem in the HOF too .. I just love the way he allowed the Colts to run 40 seconds off the clock between snaps inside the 10 .. another stroke of genius from BB
    Everything you stated is true. The only consolation to this Patriots' postseason is that they were able to achieve one milestone that this board refuses to recognize. (Read my signiture)