Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parcells on WFAN (MERGED)

Veteran

Bill Parcells on Mike and the Mad Dog at 5

Hes coming on to set the story straight about T.O

All League
    I expect some tough, direct questions from M&MD. Either that or shameless butt kissing.

All League
    Mike will be S******g some a$$.

As annoying as Md Dog is, at least he'll ask some questions and not let it turn it into a love fest.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Can someone transcribe or summarize for those of us out of the area? It would be much appreciated.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    Can someone transcribe or summarize for those of us out of the area? It would be much appreciated.
    suns have won what 15 in a row now? they're not only good, but a fun high-scoring team to watch. that's something fun to have to see on a daily basis, i'd like to see them go far..

Veteran
    so what happened?

Bill said the jets playoff afc game hurt him the most

cause he knew he would have beat atlanta cause they killed them by 20 that same year

Bill said one of his biggest disappointments as a HC was not winning a SB with the Jets. Said, he thought they would have beaten the Falcons in the SB because they took care of them pretty good (20 something points) in the season...

Oh well, just another disappointment in being a Jets fan.

that God damn game still haunts me

hold the ball Byars

Veteran
    anyone wanna summarize the interview?

Veteran
    bump need details

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rudajnwhat
    cause he knew he would have beat atlanta cause they killed them by 20 that same year
    Agree we would have beat Atlanta, but when we played them in the season Chandler was injured, we got to face 44 year old Steve DeBerg - older than Vinny was this year!

Practice Squad

Say what you about Parcells, but....

Parcells was on Mike and the Mad Dog today. I know alot of Jet fans are still upset about the way left the club in 2000, but I'm convinced he turned the franchise around. And unlike that loon Belichick, he is loyal to the people who worked for him. They all seek him out for advice, which he freely gives.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer
    Parcells was on Mike and the Mad Dog today. I know alot of Jet fans are still upset about the way left the club in 2000, but I'm convinced he turned the franchise around. And unlike that loon Belichick, he is loyal to the people who worked for him. They all seek him out for advice, which he freely gives.
    Parcells did what he promised Leon Hess which was Coach the Team for 3 years and did! And of course he turned the franchise around!

TMahoney
    I just listened to the whole interview on WFAN.com

Even though I was pissed when he left, he certainly was good for this franchise.

He brought the Jets back to respectability.

But it did bring back some bad memories when he talked about the Jets/Broncos AFC Championship game of '98. We all knew, as Parcells did, that if we had won that game, we would have won the Superbowl. No doubt about it. The falcons were a weak team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TMahoney
    I just listened to the whole interview on WFAN.com

Even though I was pissed when he left, he certainly was good for this franchise.

He brought the Jets back to respectability.

But it did bring back some bad memories when he talked about the Jets/Broncos AFC Championship game of '98. We all knew, as Parcells did, that if we had won that game, we would have won the Superbowl. No doubt about it. The falcons were a weak team.
    Yep the running game did us in... Plus 6 fumbles...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by savage69
    Yep the running game did us in... Plus 6 fumbles...
    savage magic.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69
    Parcells did what he promised Leon Hess which was Coach the Team for 3 years and did! And of course he turned the franchise around!
    Unlike the HCNEP who robbed Mr. Hess of $1,000,000; ant where else he wou;d be in jail.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    That game in Denver was my worst day as Jets fan. On the road with a great gameplan, a 10 point lead in the 3rd quarter. The entire game was lost on a long 3rd down conversion by Elway to McCaffrey when Victor Green got beat. If the Jets can just hold on that 3rd down they get the ball back with a 2 score lead and likely take it into the 4th quarter. Instead, the long completion...a couple of plays later Terrell Davis is in the endzone....the game is now a 3 point lead and the Mile High wind takes an Elam kickoff and basically turns it into and onside kick which Denver recovers. Ugly! There is no doubt that the Jets win the Super Bowl that year if we could have just gotten out of Denver with a win.

One other note, without Bill Parcells and company coming to the Jets in '97 Eric Mangini never gets his experience here and likely isn't our head coach today. So, indirectly and to a small degree Eric Mangini is probably not our HC if Parcells had never come here. Let's hope EM becomes the best thing of Parcells' legacy!