Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Adalius Thomas - RFA - what will we have to give the Ravens?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,740

    Adalius Thomas - RFA - what will we have to give the Ravens?

    I know Adalius Thomas is a rstricted free agent. What will we have to give up to the Ravens if we sign him?

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,714
    He is a UFA.

  3. #3
    yep, UFA.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Yup. UFA, no compensation involved, just pure cash.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,740
    Then, It's a no-brainer...

  6. #6
    yep, he's going to whichever team antes up the most guaranteed money.

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    just pure cash.
    And Lots of it!

  8. #8
    Give nothing. Spend nothing. He is too old for the money he is going to demand.

    If you are going to spend big time money on big time players, they must be on their second contract and still in their twenties for the dollars to make sense and for the investment to pay off.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe
    Give nothing. Spend nothing. He is too old for the money he is going to demand.

    If you are going to spend big time money on big time players, they must be on their second contract and still in their twenties for the dollars to make sense and for the investment to pay off.
    Agreed. Only spend big bucks for FA's going on their second contracts as they're still young players with plenty of years in front of them. Giving up big bucks for a 30 year old linebacker might be great for 2 years but eventually its gonna bite you in the ass.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    Agreed. Only spend big bucks for FA's going on their second contracts as they're still young players with plenty of years in front of them. Giving up big bucks for a 30 year old linebacker might be great for 2 years but eventually its gonna bite you in the ass.
    Only go after free agents who are 27 and under. Otherwise you pay big time in the
    end

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    2,053
    Lets pay samuel then, he is only 25.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,984
    No thanks. Great player, but too old and too expensive for my tastes.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    Agreed. Only spend big bucks for FA's going on their second contracts as they're still young players with plenty of years in front of them. Giving up big bucks for a 30 year old linebacker might be great for 2 years but eventually its gonna bite you in the ass.
    your telling me you would pass on leonard marshall if he came cheap?

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite
    your telling me you would pass on leonard marshall if he came cheap?
    I wouldn't pass at anyone if they're coming cheaply.

    My point was is you don't give someone who's already 30 probably in the ballpark of 15 million guaranteed which is what this guy is going to demand. Too high risk.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL
    Only go after free agents who are 27 and under. Otherwise you pay big time in the
    end
    Shawn Phillips would be the OLB I would go after, He's an RFA this off-season and he's only 25.

    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493029

    I know the chances of this happening are slim because of Tangini's philosophy of building through the draft, not free agency, but hey, I can dream.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,940
    I feel bad for Adalius.

    Hes been good for awhile, and I think hes going to get Franchised this year.

    I think his value, and the size of his contract are going to go down every year now that hes around 30.

  17. #17
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    Shawn Phillips would be the OLB I would go after, He's an RFA this off-season and he's only 25.

    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493029

    I know the chances of this happening are slim because of Tangini's philosophy of building through the draft, not free agency, but hey, I can dream.
    The dude only had 42 tackles last year. Not much better than Kimo except for the sacks.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    Quote Originally Posted by baldnuts1
    The dude only had 42 tackles last year. Not much better than Kimo except for the sacks.
    I can't believe you are trying to compare Phillips to Kimo, that's a joke right????

    Kimo is a DE that rotated between DE and NT.

    Phillips is an OLB, 2 different positions.

    Secondly, the kid had 11 1/2 sacks and he's only 25.

    Are you friggin' kidding me!!!!!!

    Go back under your weiner baldnuts.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 01-26-2007 at 05:17 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes
    I feel bad for Adalius.

    Hes been good for awhile, and I think hes going to get Franchised this year.

    I think his value, and the size of his contract are going to go down every year now that hes around 30.
    They're going to have a very difficult time franchising him. They are like $4 million under the cap which just like with Freeney's situation, they'll have to cut or restructure a ton of contracts just to afford the rookie cap AND one franchise player.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us