View Poll Results: Are the green pants really unlucky?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 57.45%
  • No

20 42.55%

Thread: Haha, the "green pants" thing is on Wikipedia!

Banned

Haha, the "green pants" thing is on Wikipedia!

I thought that it was just a few of you guys that complained about this on this message board..but apparently not. Behold the following on Wikipedia, under "Logos and uniforms":

"In 2001, the team introduced green pants which are sometimes worn on the road with the white jersey or at home in an all green combination. Some Jet fans seem to think they are unlucky.

New coach Eric Mangini did not use the green pants until the Jets' victory at New England Nov. 12, but ditched them after the team lost at home to Buffalo Dec. 10. New York subsequently won road games at Minnesota and Miami wearing the all-white combination, then clinched a playoff berth on New Year's Eve with a home win over Oakland wearing the familiar green jerseys and white pants. However, the team wore white-green in their playoff game vs. the New England Patriots on January 7. They lost 37-16."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Jets

Sorry, i just found this amusing...I mean I know this is just Wikipedia, but maybe a lot more people really have an issue with the green pants than I personally thought?...vote in the poll and comment
    Last edited by JETS_for_life; 01-27-2007 at 01:45 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    I thought that it was just a few of you guys that complained about this on this message board..but apparently not. Behold the following on Wikipedia, under "Logos and uniforms":

"In 2001, the team introduced green pants which are sometimes worn on the road with the white jersey or at home in an all green combination. Some Jet fans seem to think they are unlucky.

New coach Eric Mangini did not use the green pants until the Jets' victory at New England Nov. 12, but ditched them after the team lost at home to Buffalo Dec. 10. New York subsequently won road games at Minnesota and Miami wearing the all-white combination, then clinched a playoff berth on New Year's Eve with a home win over Oakland wearing the familiar green jerseys and white pants. However, the team wore white-green in their playoff game vs. the New England Patriots on January 7. They lost 37-16."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Jets

Sorry, i just found this amusing...I mean I know this is just Wikipedia, but I guess a lot more people really have an issue with the green pants than I personally thought!
    Anybody can edit wikipedia.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    thus the "i know this is just Wikipedia"...

Veteran
    Classic.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    I hate the green pants. But luck doesn't have anything to do with it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    It had to be SAR

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    It had to be SAR
    lol, he has something against them? i forgot who, but the same person has started at least a couple of threads about it, like "damn the green pants again!" this past season.

All Pro
    Yes, they are. Damn the green pants!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise
    Yes, they are. Damn the green pants!!!
    a few more votes would be nice...it's pretty much a dead heat right now

All League
    If the pats can win wearing that fairy "Elvis" stylized uni than we can win with green pants...