Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 782

Thread: JI 7 RD Mock - Discussion Thread

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582

    JI 7 RD Mock - Discussion Thread

    For the old-timers no explanation is necessary

    For the first-timers in the mock draft, this is where we discuss all mock draft activities

    If you wish to comment on the selections, your own or someone elses, it's done in this thread and NOT in the draft thread .. the draft thread is for PICKS and OTC ALERTS ONLY

    Example:

    The Oakland Raiders select - DE Joe Blow, Ohio State {Player Pictures are Optional}

    The Detroit Lions are OTC

    THAT'S IT .. there is nothing else to say in the draft thread .. if you have anything else to say, SAY IT HERE in the discussion thread .. simple as that
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 01-27-2007 at 12:13 PM.

  2. #2
    ***Deleted***

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,292

    I'm a first timer

    Whats the stance about draft trades?

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,691
    Ham: Any REALISTIC chance Adam Carriker falls to us? And if so, would you take him #25?

    I've been watching him at the senior bowl and he is giving me the same sort of feelings I had about Marcus McNeil before last years draft. THOROUGHLY IMPRESSIVE.......

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,691
    Assuming we keep our 1st rounder, my dream scenario would go something like.....

    Adam Carriker slips to #25 and we take him.

    W/ the Redskins 2nd rounder we grab Greg Olsen TE/Miami

    W/ our 2nd rounder we take the best available (assuming it's good value as well) Right Tackle left on the board.

    If we do this, then we'll just have to take a chance w/ a RB later on in the draft........

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,033
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar
    Whats the stance about draft trades?

    No trades

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet

    Ham: Any REALISTIC chance Adam Carriker falls to us? And if so, would you take him #25?
    HIGHLY UNLIKELY

    I'd take him too, but it's highly unlikely he'll be there

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburglar

    Whats the stance about draft trades?
    NO TRADES

    HB, please read the rules thread when you get some time, it will answer most of your questions

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    For the old-timers no explanation is necessary

    For the first-timers in the mock draft, this is where we discuss all mock draft activities

    If you wish to comment on the selections, your own or someone elses, it's done in this thread and NOT in the draft thread .. the draft thread is for PICKS and OTC ALERTS ONLY

    Example:

    The Oakland Raiders select - DE Joe Blow, Ohio State {Player Pictures are Optional}

    The Detroit Lions are OTC

    THAT'S IT .. there is nothing else to say in the draft thread .. if you have anything else to say, SAY IT HERE in the discussion thread .. simple as that
    Just One Reminder, if its like past years.

    Discussion of players Still Available in the Draft Is Not Allowed

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m

    Just One Reminder, if its like past years.

    Discussion of players Still Available in the Draft Is Not Allowed
    Check the rules thread .. that's the first rule at the very top

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232

    Test

    Done.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider

    Done.
    U DA MAN

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    QUESTION

    Is everyone cool with the start date?

    I chose Monday March 5 because the combines end on Tuesday Febuary 27

    March 5 will give us 5 full days including the weekend to digest all of the combines info

    That's what we've done in the past, started a few days after the combines

    Is everyone okay with that?

    PS. Please make a note of the date and time, every GM should know when this mock draft starts

    Monday, March 5, 8:00 AM EST

    Any further questions should be addressed in the rules thread .. please read it carefully

    Even if you have no questions, every GM should read the rules thread in it's entirety


    Thanks
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 01-27-2007 at 06:21 PM.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,459
    I am a new timer so I know my opinion doesn't carry much weight, but I think the draft time/date is perfect. Not only does it give you a few days to evaluate the combine, but you also get to see the flurry of transactions bound to happen when Free Agency starts March 2nd.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan

    I am a new timer so I know my opinion doesn't carry much weight, but I think the draft time/date is perfect. Not only does it give you a few days to evaluate the combine, but you also get to see the flurry of transactions bound to happen when Free Agency starts March 2nd.
    First off, your opinion carries as much weight as anyone elses with me, and I'm sure others feel likewise

    Secondly, I think that's a great point SJ

  16. #16
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    475
    I think we should wait till a few weeks after Free Agency starts. I remember last year when whoever had the Saints took a QB with the second overall pick a couple of days before they signed Brees.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,714
    You should start this thing no earlier than the end of March...........

    March 5th is WAY too early.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    You should start this thing no earlier than the end of March...........

    March 5th is WAY too early.
    Ikey's got a point. Between FA signings and comp pick announcements (which don't come until the end of March), there would definitely be an advantage to having it a little later on.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,165
    Last week in March would make more sense, based on comments re FA. But I'm game for either starting date if the later dates don't work.

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    669
    IMO, starting in late March could be a problem, since SPRING BREAKS will coming up shortly (I know, I will be in South Carolina the week after Easter). It isn't a perfect world and starting the Mock early or late will effect something (FA) or vacations.

    This mock is a marathon, not a sprint, I believe last years mockt took about 4 weeks. I vote to keep the start in early March, at least we will have the combine info.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us