Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randy Moss Tidbit from Sirius This guy hit a new low

All League

Randy Moss Tidbit from Sirius This guy hit a new low

So i was driving in the car tonight listening to the 2:00 drill on Sirius NFL radio. Apparently Lane Kiffin called randy moss to introduce himself as the new coach of the Raiders and speak to him a little. Apparently Randy Moss refused to talk to Kiffen and even used profanity over the phone.

This is a new alltime low for moss. I wonder if he hit the point where no team will bother to approach him as a trade option either. The guy has just burned too many bridges at this point. I was just shocked he stooped to this level.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa
    So i was driving in the car tonight listening to the 2:00 drill on Sirius NFL radio. Apparently Lane Kiffin called randy moss to introduce himself as the new coach of the Raiders and speak to him a little. Apparently Randy Moss refused to talk to Kiffen and even used profanity over the phone.

This is a new alltime low for moss. I wonder if he hit the point where no team will bother to approach him as a trade option either. The guy has just burned too many bridges at this point. I was just shocked he stooped to this level.
    If this is true, then wow...crazy.

Between TO and Moss, there is so much talent wasted by off-the-field crap. The only thing I can really give TO, that at least he shows up and puts points on the board most games, even if he does drop a lot of passes. Moss is just friggin lazy.

All Pro
    this isnt new or anything breaking.. randy wants out of oakland.. he doesnt care to meet kiffin. the espn guys were talkin about it. they didnt make sound half as bad as sirus is making it out to be.
    Last edited by Scoop24; 01-29-2007 at 10:06 PM.

Veteran
    Hilarious. New kid coach calls to introduce himself to player, and promptly gets cursed at. Hahahahahaha.

Veteran
    Waste of talent cause of off the field??? How about the biggest waste of talent on the field. The Oakland Raiders have taken away two of Randy Moss's prime years. Two years he will never get back. Moss is acting like a gentleman compared to the way the organization has made him a second tier reciever when he could be the greatest of all time.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Cursing. I guess he still has that fire in his belly.

All Pro
    I guess Moss wouldn't mind taking the Meadowbrook pkwy to practice this year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MainManMickens24
    Waste of talent cause of off the field??? How about the biggest waste of talent on the field. The Oakland Raiders have taken away two of Randy Moss's prime years. Two years he will never get back. Moss is acting like a gentleman compared to the way the organization has made him a second tier reciever when he could be the greatest of all time.
    It's fair to give him some slack, but that's off base. The guy is a clown.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CUJet
    It's fair to give him some slack, but that's off base. The guy is a clown.
    I agree, he does say some stupid stuff. But i think really he just wants to win, and not even just win, be involved in the teams offense. And when hes givin that chance again i think he'll once again be great. Id take him on my team any day of the week.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Am I the only one skeptical of this report? I'd tend to think that such an event would be kept in house.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MainManMickens24
    ================================================== ======
    There is wisdom in these words, Randy never realy had a chance in O town.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Am I the only one skeptical of this report? I'd tend to think that such an event would be kept in house.
    Nope, I'm right there with you.

It's amazing as well as to the lengths people will go to insult Moss, when anyone out there does HALF of what Moss does for his community, you're more than welcome to insult the man.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Nope, I'm right there with you.

It's amazing as well as to the lengths people will go to insult Moss, when anyone out there does HALF of what Moss does for his community, you're more than welcome to insult the man.
    sorry, but his celebrity status allows him to do most of that which he does "for his community." before he does things for his community, he might actually want to think about performing his JOB on a daily basis. help yourself before you help anybody else.

i'm not giving this guy a break. time and time again he does the same stupid ****, regardless of this latest tidbit. i hope to God he never becomes a Jet. it would be one of the worst things that could happen to this team.
    Last edited by JETS_for_life; 01-30-2007 at 12:06 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    I definately did hear this on the radio and i'm not the type of person to make these things up. However that still may not mean the story is true. Some things get blown out of proportion but i definately am telling you guys what the radio said.

All Pro
    This is absolutely random but do you know when you play Madden and your prestige or whatever its called is low---All your players want out, You get no FA's, no one wants to coach you.

I feel like the oakland raiders are a real life version of that part of Madden. I have never seen somthing like this. The league really may have to step in,in a few years.

Veteran
    And the worst part is that some people here would take him in green and white in a heartbeat. Incredible.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    sorry, but his celebrity status allows him to do most of that which he does "for his community." before he does things for his community, he might actually want to think about performing his JOB on a daily basis. help yourself before you help anybody else.

i'm not giving this guy a break. time and time again he does the same stupid ****, regardless of this latest tidbit. i hope to God he never becomes a Jet. it would be one of the worst things that could happen to this team.
    Not a chance, Moss has gone above and beyond since his first years in Minnesota what celebrity status allows one to do for the community. And that's including several instances that weren't huge stories as Moss didn't want to make a big deal about it.

The man has donated endless time AND money so much it's ridiculous.

First off, this story hasn't even been confirmed. It's been nothing but a rumor for the past several days. Second, Moss thought he was going to a winner in Oakland, turns out he's been on a rebuilding franchise ever since he got there and the Raiders are one of the worst run franchises in all of sports. As MMM said, Oakland took away 2 years of Moss' PRIME due to mismanagement and horrible coaching, so now they bring in a 31 year old HC with practically zero experience and who the hell knows who will be throwing him the ball in '07. From his point of view, he has every right to be pissed.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa
    I definately did hear this on the radio and i'm not the type of person to make these things up. However that still may not mean the story is true. Some things get blown out of proportion but i definately am telling you guys what the radio said.
    I don't doubt it was reported, but dosen't it make you wonder how they got the information? I don't think the Raiders would want it out there, and it dosen't put Moss in a good light, so who spilled the beans, and more importantly, who reported it? Just dosen't sound right coming from a guy who seemed a little too happy to be underused.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'm gonna set this story straight....Im from West Virginia and I saw Randy Moss play high school basketball in person. This guy is an incredible athlete and has been misjudged his whole career. He got in trouble in high school when he was a called a typical racial slur and punched a guy...HELLO!!...Then he got in trouble in college for smokin' weed...HELLO!!...then he mooned a Pack crowd who traditionally mooned the Vikings bus...HELLO!!!...now he sits on a team that wont play their second best reciever out of grudge and never throw him the ball!?!?!?! He got hosed goin' to Oakland and he knows it. I hate when he is compared to TO when he never does anything to deserve that. I would take him on my team anyday...all he wants to do is win. I hope that meeting he supposedely had with Pennington after the Jets game was him saying "Please bring me somewhere I can win a Super Bowl.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TD C-Mart
    And the worst part is that some people here would take him in green and white in a heartbeat. Incredible.
    And the best part is that none of those people run the New York Jets!