Thread: Pick 22: The Dallas Cowboys Draft Day Needs....

Pick 22: The Dallas Cowboys Draft Day Needs....

Pick 22: Dallas Cowboys

Its very hard to predict what awaits the Cowboys in 2007 until they get a head coach in place. Dallas was a dysfunctional team with QB controversies, coaching controversies, and, of course, Terrell Owens. Whomever is coach will have a hard job in improving Tony Romos play and making sure he doesn’t mentally break down after a terrible finish in the playoffs. Dallas may run a 3-4 or a 4-3 defense next season.

Notable Free Agents

Patrick Crayton- WR(Restricted)
    Marc Colombo- T
    Al Johnson- C(Restricted)
    Kenyon Coleman- DE
    Al Singleton- LB
    L.P. LaDouceur- LS(Exclusive Rights)
    Mat McBriar- P(Restricted)

Offseason Moves:
    Released QB Drew Bledsoe
    Re-signed C/G Andre Gurode

Offseason Needs:

Wide Receiver- Terry Glenn is a million years old. Owens is a headcase and no longer an elite WR anyway. Crayton is a RFA These guys are fine for 2007, but they have to begin planning for 2008.

Nose Tackle- While Jason Ferguson played well last season its time to find a young replacement for him down the line.

Offensive Line- Dallas has neglected this for too long and it just gets worse each passing year. They are in desperate need of a guard and right tackle and will be looking both in the draft and in free agency for improvements here.

Cornerback- The team is going to need more depth, especially of Aaron Glenn retires.

Safety- Roy Williams is a linebacker playing safety. The team needs a player alongside him that can cover the field. This was a major weakness of the Cowboy defense last season.
    Last edited by Jason423; 03-02-2007 at 10:59 PM.

All Pro
    How great would Reggie Nelson be for them.

They basically need a corner that plays safety.

Its crazy how much of a disadvantage Roy Williams is. Everytime I think of Roy Williams now I think of Santana Moss scoring on a 80 yard bomb twice in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes
    How great would Reggie Nelson be for them.

They basically need a corner that plays safety.

Its crazy how much of a disadvantage Roy Williams is. Everytime I think of Roy Williams now I think of Santana Moss scoring on a 80 yard bomb twice in one game.
    I think there are too many people who think Dallas is going to jump for an offensive lineman in the draft because the line is so bad. Dallas has money to spend in free agency and they are one of the most, if not the most, famous NFL franchises. You dont have to sell people on playing in Dallas. There are alot of guards available in free agency. Leonard Davis or maybe Tra Thomas will be willing to make the move to right tackle for the Cowboys. Davis is probably a really strong possibility. But they can go and get themselves a great athlete in the draft to play in the secondary. If you pair up Newman with a Reggie Nelson type its going to make it difficult to attack the Dallas secondary, but right now all teams have to do is just go over the top because Williams is either going to be way out of position or jst eyeing the guy up for a hit rather than trying to break up the play. It still amazes me that he makes the pro bowl every single season.