Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belichicken wants to forget the past

All League

Belichicken wants to forget the past

(Basically the story is typical "hugs and kisses at probowl", but last 2 paragraphs are interesting)

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...y_at_pro_bowl/
    Belichick had less to say about retired Patriots linebacker Ted Johnson, who claims Belichick forced him to participate in full-strength practices shortly after incurring a concussion. Johnson says the resulting brain injuries left him with memory loss, depression and an addiction to amphetamines.

"I wish Ted well," Belichick said. "I know he's going through some things, and I hope it works out well for him. ... I really don't want to go into the past. I just hope things work out well for Ted. I really do."

Basically he wants to "forget the past". My educated guess that Ted's lawyers have a different idea.

All Pro
    O.J. wants to put the past behind him too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaynard
    O.J. wants to put the past behind him too.
    So does Mark McGuire.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    So does Mark McGuire.
    So do I. I did some baaaaad things.

DO OVER! DO OVER!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2

DO OVER! DO OVER!
    Based on your fascination with my avatar, I can only imagination....

All League

DO OVER! DO OVER!
    BTW, new article about your hero. Tax Evasion this time (those things are keep on coming to BB, aren't they?), money laundering is not far behind...

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/mor...ticleid=181790

Bill Belichick’s generosity to his married galpal could cost him a personal foul from the IRS.

As we told you yesterday, the New England Patriots [team stats] head coach reportedly sent cash and other goodies to Sharon Shenocca totaling more than $80,000. The bequests include cash payments of $3,000 a month for more than two years and paying the $25,000 tab to rent her a house on the Jersey Shore for the summer. Additionally, Belichick purchased a $2.2 million house in Brooklyn, N.Y., which attorneys for Shenocca’s estranged hubby believe he bought for Sharon.

All of which is great for Sharon but not so great for Bill - if he failed to report the gifts to Uncle Sam.

“It’s an issue,” said Art Ford, a CPA with Sullivan Bille P.C. “There are potential gift tax ramifications.”

According to the tax laws, Belichick is allowed to make a gift of up to $12,000 to any individual in any tax year. He is also allowed to gift up to $1 million total over his lifetime. Anything over that is taxable.

IRS rules would require Belichick to file a Form 709 Gift Tax Return reporting how much he gave and to whom he gave it so that the government can be sure he doesn’t exceed his lifetime exemption.

“The devil is in the details,” said Ford.

Sharon, as the recipient of the gifts, would owe no tax. But if Belichick did, in fact, make her a co-owner of the house in Brooklyn, that could wipe out his $1 million lifetime exemption and he’d need to pay the tax man.

Belichick, as you know, has been named The Other Man in the Shenocca divorce. New Jersey construction worker Vincent Shenocca claims that his bride of 10 years has “committed adultery” with Belichick, who is footing the bills for the blond, 41-year-old mother of two’s “extravagant lifestyle.”

File Under: A Taxing Situation.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Based on your fascination with my avatar, I can only imagination....
    Hmmm funny that your imagination would go there when it could have been anything.

All Pro

DO OVER! DO OVER!

I have no regrets about anything I have ever done...

and I feel bad about that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen
    BTW, new article about your hero.
    RussianGreen, I respectfully request you dont quote me in the future as I'm trying to remain respectful of you. Please dont make it any harder for me.

Thanks.

All League
    FF2, what did I do? I did not went personal or call you names as you always do.. Anyway, if that is what you need to control yourself so be it. No more quotes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    FF2, what did I do? I did not went personal or call you names as you always do.. Anyway, if that is what you need to control yourself so be it. No more quotes.
    Thank you.

All Pro
    I for one hope that nothing truly bad ever happens to Bellichick, or anyone for that matter..... It will make our ultimate victory that much sweeter

Hall Of Fame
    It is classy of Bellichick not to go into any issues he may of had with him.

All Pro
    Chowds are selective about the past. The like to pretend that their star studded history before the last few years of success never existed. Same way that they throw out that they didn't make the SB for the last 2 seasons and ignore that they are in decline.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
    I for one hope that nothing truly bad ever happens to Bellichick, or anyone for that matter..... It will make our ultimate victory that much sweeter
    I hope that nothing bad happens to BB until we are playing them in the AFC championship game and we can watch him have a total nervous breakdown when Mangini beats him the the SB on the line.

Talk about a TIVO moment!!!

All League
    I hope that nothing bad happens to BB until we are playing them in the AFC championship game and we can watch him have a total nervous breakdown when Mangini beats him the the SB on the line.

Talk about a TIVO moment!!!
    I would like to see that happen but I really doubt that chowds will make AFC championship again unless they will be able to convince refs to regress to their pro-Krafty calling patterns on Pat's "championship" (quotes intended) years.

Banned
    I would like to see that happen but I really doubt that chowds will make AFC championship again unless they will be able to convince refs to regress to their pro-Krafty calling patterns on Pat's "championship" (quotes intended) years.
    OK, week 17 with the division on the line then.

All Pro

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Thank you.
    Is there a chill in this room?!?!?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Is there a chill in this room?!?!?
    I AM TRYING HERE. aaarrrggghhhhhhh.