Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who do we want...

who do we want...

asante samuel or nate clemens

both these guys are 10 ten corners in my book. clemens will come at a cheaper price and he is more consistant. i was watching a past probowl skills competition and nate clemens came in second on the fastest man challange. now i no its only the probowlers who participate in that but it was still impressive. then we also have that colts game that asante knocked down or caught everything that went his way.. both would be a great fit. what do you think

I would take either of them if the price is right. Either corner would help our defense big time.

All Pro
    Neither.

Both will be way too pricey, and Mangini has made a living out of making pedestrians DB's successful.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly
    Neither.

Both will be way too pricey, and Mangini has made a living out of making pedestrians DB's successful.
    i agree and also think that the focus of our off-season should be upgrading the front 7 of our defense becuase a good pass rush can mask cornerback flaws

Veteran
    I'd take Asante Samuel

Samuel
    5'10' / 185
    26 years old
    10 interceptions last year

Clements
    6'0' / 209
    3 interceptions

read the other day clements wants to be paid highest paid

corner in the league........no thanks

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly
    Neither.

Who? Hank Poteat???? hes a little better, but he still blows donkey dick. I'm not doubting Mangini's talent (b/c he is god) but i would love to bring in either of these two, why? Instant improvement to our defense. Both of these two are far better than Mangini can EVER make Justin Miller or Hank Poteat, not to mention this year's draft is pretty weak on CBs.

Practice Squad
    This topic was brought up in another thread and I think people should realize that if Barrett gets cut, we wouldn't be adding that much to our cap number by giving one these guys 8-9 mill

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894
    Who? Hank Poteat???? hes a little better, but he still blows donkey dick.
    Thats "Super Bowl Winner Hank Poteat" to you Sir!

All Pro
    Who? Hank Poteat???? hes a little better, but he still blows donkey dick. I'm not doubting Mangini's talent (b/c he is god) but i would love to bring in either of these two, why? Instant improvement to our defense. Both of these two are far better than Mangini can EVER make Justin Miller or Hank Poteat, not to mention this year's draft is pretty weak on CBs.
    Dyson, Barrett, Miller, Poteat, and Coleman are all servicable. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets draft a CB late in the first day or second day of the draft, but I don't think Mangini and Tannenbaum are going to break the bank for anybody at this point.

Of course either of these guys would be upgrades, that's not the point. The point is how much of a hit are we willing to take financially especially if you consider that many of our defensive problems were in the front 7 last season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rudajnwhat
    ead the other day clements wants to be paid highest paid corner in the league........no thanks
    Hey so does Samuel. This should be fun!

All Pro
    I think "neither." I could see the Jets maybe going for a guy like Nick Harper in FA, but I don't see them putting up the mega-bucks for Samuel or Clements. I would guess, along with Parafly, that the Jets use a third or fifth on a project, but not their first or second rounds. Frankly, I don't want either one at this point. Too expensive when a few middle-level guys for less money will help us more.

Undrafted Free Agent
    neither. DRAFT CHRIS HOUSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Samuel cause it'll piss of the Pats. That being said we cannot break the bank for either of these guys.

We really need to put some money into the flag girl budget

If the board falls a certain way, I can see us drafting Aaron Ross in round one because he could be the BAP left on the board.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeymike828
    I would take either of them if the price is right. Either corner would help our defense big time.
    why not take both of them.the jets have money to spare.that for sure would solve their cb problem,and that would insure a playoff spot for sure.

I may be the only one left, but I still like Justin Miller...if he would just grow up and take the job seriously

Hall Of Fame
    DON'T BE DISSIN' "HANK 'BRINGIN' DA HEAT' POTEAT"!!!!!

I think Clement is a better player than Samuel and I would think he would be the guy you would choose. I dont think Samuel will be available at the end of the day anyway. NE should do what they have to in order to keep him, even if it makes him unhappy.