Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am not advocating moving up in Round 1...but,

I am not advocating moving up in Round 1...but,

If you were, is there any one player that you would move up for?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER
    Peterson - a 80 yrd TD run every time he touches the ball - something the Jets offense needs especially if Chad is the QB....

carriker, you would be able to throw in a third rounder to move p a spot or 2 to get him, b/c with the senior bowl he had and if he has a good combine he will begone b4 # 20

Hall Of Fame
    according to the draft chart, #25 + #37 = 1250 points, or the 11th pick.

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/...alue_chart.htm

at 11, I would look at carriker or branch or tedd ginn

if we package #25 and #59 = 15 or 16. Here I target Lynch or jarrett

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    according to the draft chart, #25 + #37 = 1250 points, or the 11th pick.

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/...alue_chart.htm

at 11, I would look at carriker or branch or tedd ginn

if we package #25 and #59 = 15 or 16. Here I target Lynch or jarrett
    Do you think there is any chance that the Jets will attempt to move ahead of the Dolphags if Brady Quinn slips as some boards suggest? They could give up #25 plus both 2's.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets
    Do you think there is any chance that the Jets will attempt to move ahead of the Dolphags if Brady Quinn slips as some boards suggest? They could give up #25 plus both 2's.

interesting idea. that gets us to about pick #6 according to the chart.

were is the points chat i would like to c one to work out some situations

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by irishxmafia
    were is the points chat i would like to c one to work out some situations

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft...value_chart.htm

thnx, acording to the chart we can trade our 3rd and our 1st to get to pick 19 or 20 and carriker should be there

Hall Of Fame
    thnx, acording to the chart we can trade out 3rd and our 1st to get to pick 19 or 20 and carriker should be there

works for me. we would keep both our 2nds, and I think picking around #25 is poor value anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER
    A lot of the most recent mock drafts have Adam Carriker going around the late teens and as far back as #21. If this is the case, then I think the Jets should trade up the extra 4 or so positions and grab Carriker. He would be the most ideal fit for this young, inexperienced defense. A prototypical 3-4 DE.......

Besides a QB, that's really the only player I would want to trade up for. I think we are sitting pretty well right now with the picks and spots we have........

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    interesting idea. that gets us to about pick #6 according to the chart.

Only if Quinn drops though. Losing three quality picks would hurt though especially when there are holes to fill.

Veteran
    i dont want quinn, he cant win the big game(michigan,USC,LSU) if that translates into the NFL we would be in serious trouble

but i em willing to move up for 4 players...Russell(if somehow he drops),Peterson,Lynch,and Carriker.

All Pro
    Amobi Okoye - DT - Louisville

The kid is special on and off the field. He is a ridiculously hard worker in everything he does in his life, is a class act - finished college at 19... played every game as a 16 year old freshman. I don't think this kid can be corrupted, so I don't mind him only being 19.

If he could play in the NCAA at 16, he can contribute in the NFL at 20.

A knock would be he is about 295 pounds at 6'1"... but remember, he is only 19. He will definately be able to play at 315 or so without losing any athleticism (especially his sick spin move).

Oh, and he wasn't even exposed to football until he came over from Nigeria. I really think this kid will turn into something special.

I think he will go somewhere between 8 and 10.
    Last edited by Bergen Jet; 02-11-2007 at 11:58 AM.

While Carriker would be a great fit, giving up a 2nd or 3rd rounder might be a bit munch given a player like this could probably be had in the late 2nd or 3rd round:http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-fo..._xzavie00.html

Quote Originally Posted by BergenJet
    Amobi Okoye - DT - Louisville

The kid is special on and off the field. He is a ridiculously hard worker in everything he does in his life, is a class act - finished college at 19... played every game as a 16 year old freshman. I don't think this kid can be corrupted, so I don't mind him only being 19.

If he could play in the NCAA at 16, he can contribute in the NFL at 20.

A knock would be he is about 295 pounds at 6'1"... but remember, he is only 19. He will definately be able to play at 315 or so without losing any athleticism (especially his sick spin move).

Oh, and he wasn't even exposed to football until he came over from Nigeria. I really think this kid will turn into something special.

I think he will go somewhere between 8 and 10.
    in the senior bowl he was amazing i wouldnt draft him at DT tho, hes to expolsive and fast and probally a better fit than carriker at DE but drafting him at DT will be useless b/c in a 3-4 you need a 360lb monster not a 192lbs kid

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets69
    i dont want quinn, he cant win the big game(michigan,USC,LSU) if that translates into the NFL we would be in serious trouble

but i em willing to move up for 4 players...Russell(if somehow he drops),Peterson,Lynch,and Carriker.
    Peyton Manning couldn't either.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    carriker, you would be able to throw in a third rounder to move p a spot or 2 to get him, b/c with the senior bowl he had and if he has a good combine he will begone b4 # 20

All Pro
    in the senior bowl he was amazing i wouldnt draft him at DT tho, hes to expolsive and fast and probally a better fit than carriker at DE but drafting him at DT will be useless b/c in a 3-4 you need a 360lb monster not a 192lbs kid
    I would love to see him at 310 and a DE. I want this kid on the Jets sooo fricken badly.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets
    Only if Quinn drops though. Losing three quality picks would hurt though especially when there are holes to fill.
    Agreed. Brady Quinn = Rick Meier???