Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Heroes

Banned

OT: Heroes

Anyone an avid watcher?

I can't wait for tonights episode.

The concept of this show is just astounding.

Veteran
    Big fan of the show. Watching the grammy's last nite and it looks like the guy that plays Nathan Petrelli is married to one of the broads in the Dixie Chicks.

Banned
    It is up against 24 every week which I don't think is smart of NBC.

But I chose Heroes over 24.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I
    Big fan of the show. Watching the grammy's last nite and it looks like the guy that plays Nathan Petrelli is married to one of the broads in the Dixie Chicks.
    Yes I noticed that also.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan

Heroes beat it 2 out of 3 weeks so far.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I

It didn't look like it to me. It looked like he was just there with her. When she got up to accept an award he didn't give her a husband/boyfriend-like congrats. It looked more like a friendly congrats to me. JMO

Banned
    I watched a few episodes early on and just couldn't get into it.

For what it's worth, I think this season of 24 is terrible as well. It's become too far-fetched. It always has been, but I think this season has gotten really ridiculous.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Heroes beat it 2 out of 3 weeks so far.
    Really? I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. I am glad.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    I watched a few episodes early on and just couldn't get into it.

For what it's worth, I think this season of 24 is terrible as well. It's become too far-fetched. It always has been, but I think this season has gotten really ridiculous.

that really disappoints me because this is the first year that I am watching 24. I heard such good things about it in previous years but everyone I know that was an avid watcher is dissappointed in this season. Heroes is awesome though, can't wait for tonight! You should give it another shot Source. The whole entire show is far fetched, but its sci-fi so thats the point!

All Pro
    Really? I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. I am glad.
    Its a difference of about 600,000 viewers and 24 is a 2 hour thing tonight so it may lose this week but still its a big hit with Season 2 already announced.

Banned
    Its a difference of about 600,000 viewers and 24 is a 2 hour thing tonight so it may lose this week but still its a big hit with Season 2 already announced.
    Wouldn't that be Season 3?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Banks81
    that really disappoints me because this is the first year that I am watching 24. I heard such good things about it in previous years but everyone I know that was an avid watcher is dissappointed in this season. Heroes is awesome though, can't wait for tonight! You should give it another shot Source. The whole entire show is far fetched, but its sci-fi so thats the point!
    Last season was my first season watching 24. It was great. I was so into it that I wanted to watch all of the old seasons. This season has really disappointed me. I'm not into it, and I don't look forward to the next week like I was last season. The only shows that do that for me are House and Rome. I love both of them.

Heroes came across as kind of childish to me. I would have liked it when I was younger, but I can't get into it.

All Pro
    Wouldn't that be Season 3?
    No its still 1. They just took that 6 week long hiatius. Season 2 wont be till the fall.

Banned
    No its still 1. They just took that 6 week long hiatius. Season 2 wont be till the fall.
    Oh I see. Alright thanks.

Rookie
    Big fan of the show, I Tivo it then watch it after I watch 24.

The whole concept and structure of the show is great. Obviously it is about people with super powers, but it is so much more than that. The way the show is done I feel is very compelling.

Some how while I watch the show I feel that it is actually real. Nothing jumps out as "that is simply ridiculous" all of the character's super powers seem like they are true evolutions of people.

For instance, there are no green creatures, really large freaks, or icemen. Simply, the character look and act like regualr people. Its just that some have the ability to read minds, fly, be invisible on command, etc. Of coure this is not possible, but yet still feels real... Its hard to explain... This component of removing that wierd fantasy sci-fi type of show makes it more compelling for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekMooMan
    Big fan of the show, I Tivo it then watch it after I watch 24.

The whole concept and structure of the show is great. Obviously it is about people with super powers, but it is so much more than that. The way the show is done I feel is very compelling.

Some how while I watch the show I feel that it is actually real. Nothing jumps out as "that is simply ridiculous" all of the character's super powers seem like they are true evolutions of people.

For instance, there are no green creatures, really large freaks, or icemen. Simply, the character look and act like regualr people. Its just that some have the ability to read minds, fly, be invisible on command, etc. Of coure this is not possible, but yet still feels real... Its hard to explain... This component of removing that wierd fantasy sci-fi type of show makes it more compelling for me.
    You nailed it. LOL. I get the same feeling watching this show. I also love that it doesn't have the feel of an over the top sci-fi series.

Banned
    Tonights episode was brilliant as always.

Banned
    Excited about tonights episode.

All League

How dare you...

All Pro
    Can't really get into Heroes,maybe 10 yrs ago.