Thread: Thoughts on Aaron Ross

Rookie

Thoughts on Aaron Ross

I was watching sportscenter today and they had a small special on the tandem DBs coming out of texas, Michael Griffin, and Aaron Ross. They had a whole bit about talking to their pre-draft workout trainers, and about his speed times, and I got turned on to him a little bit. Now don't flame me right off the bat, I understand that ESPN can make anyone look like the next big superstar if they choose to do a special on them, and that highlight reels usually tell u about as much about a player as his first name, but some of the points they were making were pretty solid.

He claims he runs, and has for most of his life has ran a 4.3 40, and his trainer focused on the fact that they are trying to get those hundreths of a second down to the 4.33-4.30 range to really improve his draft stock. He has had success this past year as a cover CB as well, so this now I'm just asking for your thoughts.

Implying obviously that we don't get Clements or Samuel, what do you guys think about Aaron Ross? and does anyone have anymore info on him???

Heres some info I found on him on NFLdraftcountdown.com, and it seems that a lot of his weaknesses are more coachable than physical:
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...aaronross.html
    Last edited by Vegi5894; 02-13-2007 at 01:08 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Although one game should never be used to judge a player the one game I watched him closely this year he got absolutely torched multiple times by some 2nd year WR I had never heard of before. Others will have a more firm opinion of his abilities but the game I watched him he just got abused and that type of memory sticks with a person.

All Pro
    If he runs in the 4.3s than Andy Brodell runs in the 4.1s

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider
    If he runs in the 4.3s than Andy Brodell runs in the 4.1s

Yup, that's the guy he was up against in that game, he just blew by ross. Is Brodell highly regarded? He sure looked good that one game.

Hall Of Fame
    I've never been overly impressed with him, but he'd probably be pretty good value at 37. I wouldn't touch him in the First Round though.

He can claim to run a 4.3, but he's never looked that fast to me. If he does somehow run it, he doesn't play that fast.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    Yup, that's the guy he was up against in that game, he just blew by ross. Is Brodell highly regarded? He sure looked good that one game.
    He had scouts buzzing after that game...

Banned
    gangGreenInsider HATES Ross. Here's a montage of Andy Brodell "torching" Aaron Ross. On INSIDE SCREENS!!!! Ross took a bad angle on the first TD and on all the other plays Brodell wasn't even Ross's responsibility!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ghxMRagbRI

Ross is a late first/early second rounder. I like him.

I don't like the CB crop at all this year. Either move up for Revis or bust imo.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BrookBarringer
    gangGreenInsider HATES Ross. Here's a montage of Andy Brodell "torching" Aaron Ross. On INSIDE SCREENS!!!! Ross took a bad angle on the first TD and on all the other plays Brodell wasn't even Ross's responsibility!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ghxMRagbRI

Ross is a late first/early second rounder. I like him.
    Bad angle? Look again, he was squared up but Brodell just ran right by him because he's stiff in the hips. It wasn't the bubble screens- it was the 3 other sideline comeback routes that they threw at Ross. They were playing a soft Cover 3 and Ross wasn't getting in and out of his breaks like a top CB should.

He wasn't exactly sterling vs. Ohio State either...

Veteran
    I also do not like Aaron Ross much at all. I have no idea why this guy is considered to be a 1st round talent