Thread: Clemens to Cotchery?

Clemens to Cotchery?

this goes back alilltle bit but for al the guys on the clemens bandwagon. does any1 remeber in preseason 80% of his passes went to cotch. it looked like they had great chemestry just like the soposed pennington to coles . how they started off as practice buddies. i saw clemens and cotch doing alot of that at the traing camp. this could be something to watch if he gets the starting job

Hall Of Fame
    That is how Penny and Coles got in sync with each other. Backup practice buddies.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS
    That is how Penny and Coles got in sync with each other. Backup practice buddies.
    Thats how Brady got in sync with his Wr's before he became the starter,
    BP buddies as well

All Pro
    Looking forward to it in 2009.

All Pro
    That'll be the big connection once Clemens takes the reigns. For now, I'm happy to see Penny to Coles.

All Pro
    Pennington seemed to trust Cotchery more as the season went along, and as Coles' resurgence forced opposing DCs to focus on stopping him more. I'm excited to see a full season where Penny has trust in both wideouts, assuming he holds of Kellen in TC.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola
    Pennington seemed to trust Cotchery more as the season went along, and as Coles' resurgence forced opposing DCs to focus on stopping him more. I'm excited to see a full season where Penny has trust in both wideouts, assuming he holds of Kellen in TC.

I would think he had complete trust in both wideouts this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    I would think he had complete trust in both wideouts this year.
    True. Even McCariens earned a little trust this season. Pennington's #'s woulda' been much better if we had a bruising running game. I think they took too long with the whole Barlow experiment. I think they shoulda' put Houston in there much earlier. But this season Houston better wear his seatbelt, so their won't be any excuse to keep him on the bench if we go into the season with the RB commitee as is.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS

But Cotchery won the starting job and McCarriens started out in the dog house. So who was the backup practice buddy? Not Cotch....

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsound
    But Cotchery won the starting job and McCarriens started out in the dog house. So who was the backup practice buddy? Not Cotch....
    that was after training camp cotch won the job in pre season