Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/27...............Indy in the books...............

All League

2/27...............Indy in the books...............

Great day and it broke just how I heard it would...............I think this draft has alot of good depth and the only spot that blows is TE............I think LB is deceptively good and S is exceptional...............Still think the WR group has more busts in it than any group............

All League
    if you play a Tampa two D...........there is alot of CB talent here...........there are only two man press CB in this draft...........and the one I touted will go at pick 6 or 7 now...............no later. And Landry, who I said with Willis is the best defensive players here may go even higher.............Landry had a HOF workout and his interviews were across the board outstanding...............I heard the Ravens absolutely love Landry but they have no way of getting him. His interview with them was supposed to be things legends are made of. He actually broke Raven tape down by memory because he had looked at every tape his brother gave him and he told Ryan the calls were mistakes were made from memory and what he would have done given the pre snap reads.............

All League
    Yes, bongo is here.

So, whats the latest scoop on anything Jets.

All League
    Most coaches left pretty quick............they got prodays starting this weekend................Some more rumors on NFL players............Fins will be cutting Carter if he does not re do his deal by Friday...............Harrington is done and the fins may also look at dumping some of their huge cap in the WR spot.............Chambers and Booker on in a tight spot.

All League
    Bears are dead serious about trading Briggs and Ogunleye and Tom Jones all this offseason................They want to recoup picks............Look for NE to seriously look at Briggs...........he is a great OLB that fits what they do.

All League
    Sea and Denver are looking at Ogunleye and JAllen......and they really like PKearney............ and the NYJ could be very interested in KCarter..............but I hear he wants no part of cold weather.................Jmac and Drob are on the block but I see no one moving on them...............both because of their deals................Jets would love to try to get SD to take either or both in a package with a two for SD but SD is playing a tough hand.
    Last edited by bongo59; 02-27-2007 at 09:02 PM.

Veteran
    Hear anything on the progress of the Jets trades (Turner, possibly D-Rob/Vilma)?

What about the Dolphins and Quinn?

Waterboy
    Any red flags on first day prospects for medical reasons?

All League
    I keep hearing RFA will be signed...........and alot more than anyone thinks...........names were JAllen, JBell, MSchaub, Hackett, MTurner, RStarks.................

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by joe87
    Any red flags on first day prospects for medical reasons?
    23 total.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Hear anything on the progress of the Jets trades (Turner, possibly D-Rob/Vilma)?

What about the Dolphins and Quinn?
    Quinn could go as high as 3 or as low as 24 to KC..............the scouting community is really split on him.............most love his pre snap reads and decisions...........but most cant believe how many open WR he misses with his gun.............and the windows are smaller in the NFL.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo59
    23 total.
    Ouch. I assume thats much higher than usual.

All League
    Most important thing today is you heard who really impressed in interviews and who flopped..............lots of DC's and position coaches talked about how player here fit schemes and not others...............the difference in how the Raiders select a CB and TB for example is the widest around................and now Lane is the HC of Oak and Monte is still in Tampa................I got to meet Lane here and I have to tell you he is quite an impressive guy.............he learned a ton about Offense from listening to his dad and how he attacked O's..............I think Lane maybe this yrs Mangini........................................

All League
    Ouch. I assume thats much higher than usual.
    actually lower than the last three yrs..............

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bongo59
    Great day and it broke just how I heard it would...............I think this draft has alot of good depth and the only spot that blows is TE.............
    I guess you forgot to throw centers in there....ILB/MLB bites the big one and if a team draft's Leonard as an RB there may only be four FB's drafted...and I'm counting Snelling and Rosario as FB's...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

the biggest rumour out of Indy on the inside is the Bills, specifically Marv Levy, is trying to trade McGahee...

Waterboy
    What's everyone think about Quincy Black? His numbers look insane.

All League
    Leonard told every team he is a RB not a FB..........he worked it that way...............his cone scores were great for his size speed ratio.............A former Bill scout told me Leonard reminds him or Ronnie Harmon.

Banned
    if you had to guess on the odds of JMac or DRob getting dealt, what would you say?

All League
    What's everyone think about Quincy Black? His numbers look insane.
    he is a fast twitch guy...........but an athlete first.............His game film is avg for his skills...........he reminded me or Terne Nande's workout last yr...........unreal numbers that got him in the fifth round. Q may go a bit higher but his film will knock him down a bit.