Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Jets News ( Kimo,Ramsey,Clement)

Veteran

Some Jets News ( Kimo,Ramsey,Clement)

Jets | Clement could re-sign with the team
    Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:10:08 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets OT Anthony Clement could re-sign with the team before he hits the free-agent market Friday, March 2.

Jets | von Oelhoffen will likely be released
    Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:07:09 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets DE Kimo von Oelhoffen will likely be released by this weekend. He is due a $600,000 roster bonus Friday, March 2.

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/jets/ar...by_weekend.php

Hall Of Fame
    While Kimo indeed sucked I'm surprised to hear about him likely getting released. I mean we have absolutely no depth at DE. So getting rid of the starter (no matter how bad), puts us into a deeper hole. Not that I don't have faith in the Jets or that I am at all disappointed to see him go, just a little surprised is all (if this is indeed true).

Veteran
    yea, they could maybe ask him to take a pay cut, allthough i dont know how much he's expected, but it would be a shock, i guess theyre going to make a strong to sign a FA DE and draftr one also.

Hey i dont mind it Kimo was almost invisible throughout the year.

All League
    Wasn't Kimo the only guy we had who was decent against the run?

All Pro
    I guess we will be drafting a lot of defensive lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Green
    So getting rid of the starter (no matter how bad), puts us into a deeper hole.
    Funny coming from a keystone member of the ACM

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenYoureA_JET
    Funny coming from a keystone member of the ACM
    I never said we should cut Chad.

I never said we should cut Chad.
    Just messin around

Incidently, I agree that it's a curious move to cut Kimo BEFORE we've added any depth at the position... he provided veteran leadership if nothing else, and $600,000 isn't too much to risk for the security blanket with NFL salaries being as high as they are (IMHO)

Hall Of Fame
    They could put a midget on roller skates in kimos spot and one wouldn't know the difference, the midget would be cheaper as well. We'll sign some depth DE's at least as good as kimo no need to worry.

Veteran
    Huge hole at DE now...

With all these possible cuts, I'm getting a little excited about the upcoming acquisitions we'll have to make.

I hope we don't leave ourselves too vunerable going into free agency.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachine51
    Wasn't Kimo the only guy we had who was decent against the run?
    Kimo sucked against the run and everywhere else for that matter.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TD C-Mart
    Huge hole at DE now...

With all these possible cuts, I'm getting a little excited about the upcoming acquisitions we'll have to make.

I hope we don't leave ourselves too vunerable going into free agency.
    I share you're feeling. I don't know who the hells left in F/A as far as DE. They are dropping like flys.

All Pro
    We cut Mawae last year without an obvious successor, so I don't doubt it could be done again.

Hey Kimo - door, ass, way out ... you can fill in the blanks.

Banned

While Kimo indeed sucked I'm surprised to hear about him likely getting released. I mean we have absolutely no depth at DE. So getting rid of the starter (no matter how bad), puts us into a deeper hole. Not that I don't have faith in the Jets or that I am at all disappointed to see him go, just a little surprised is all (if this is indeed true).
    I'm not at all surprised, BG .. but I'd be shocked if they didn't cut this dead wood

The Jets can sign a house-plant to take his place and that would be an upgrade

All Pro
    Kimo is a good locker room guy and leader, but you can't pay $3M for a guy to just do that.

Bobby Hamilton was more productive than Kimo, for less than half the price. Keep Bobby as the veteran, cut Kimo if he won't take a large paycut, then draft or sign a younger guy to play at RE.

The Jets also have Pouha coming of IR, and some feel he could make a good 3-4 DE. Definitely need to add depth and competition for that spot though.

Banned
    Mrcoops, Brad Baxter is one of my all-time favorite Jets .. Johnny Hector and Brad Baxter

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops
    Kimo is a good locker room guy and leader, but you can't pay $3M for a guy to just do that.

Bobby Hamilton was more productive than Kimo, for less than half the price. Keep Bobby as the veteran, cut Kimo if he won't take a large paycut, then draft or sign a younger guy to play at RE.

The Jets also have Pouha coming of IR, and some feel he could make a good 3-4 DE. CJ Mosely also could make a nice option, if he is not kept at NT. Definitely need to add depth and competition for that spot though.
    Actually I think Pouha will be rotating at NT with D-Rob and Rashad Moore.

Mosely would be a more likely successor at DE, he seems to be a little more athletic.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Mrcoops, Brad Baxter is one of my all-time favorite Jets .. Johnny Hector and Brad Baxter
    Ham - Yeah, I loved Brad Baxter. I thought he was a very under-appreciated player. He was an absolute bull as a runner and a pretty darn good blocker. A true football player, and a great all-round FB.

Hector was one of my favorites too when I first became a Jets fan. His goal-line running and hard-nosed style was a superb complement to Freeman at the time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan

Actually I think Pouha will be rotating at NT with D-Rob and Rashad Moore.

Mosely would be a more likely successor at DE, he seems to be a little more athletic.
    I agree with Mosely at DE, he played well in spurts down the stretch and I suspect Mangini has bigger plans for him in the DE rotation next year

As for NT, don't sleep on my boy Keyonta Marshall

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    I agree with Mosely at DE, he played well in spurts down the stretch and I suspect Mangini has bigger plans for him in the DE rotation next year

As for NT, don't sleep on my boy Keyonta Marshall
    Dave Ball is another option at DE as well.

How big is that guy Marshall Ham, I completely forgot about him.

Don't sleep on Adrien Clarke at Guard either.

Especially since I see he didn't get sent to NFL Europe, he's a big road-grader type at 6'5" 330lbs.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 02-28-2007 at 08:16 AM.