View Poll Results: Do you want TJ Duckett?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 55.42%
  • No

37 44.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TJ Duckett: "great interest in the Jets. He likes the new regime"

Banned

TJ Duckett: "great interest in the Jets. He likes the new regime"

from today's Star-Ledger:

"Duckett's agent, Joel Segal, said his client is eager to meet with the Jets and a visit could take place this week.

"We're working on something with the Jets," Segal said, adding that at least four teams are interested in Duckett. "TJ expressed to me a great interest in the Jets. He likes the new regime."

Duckett rushed for 132 yards on 38 carries and two TDs for the Redskins last season."

What do you think? I actually like this option a lot better than what's out there. This is a move I'd actually support, and I'm encouraged to see this and that he likes what's going on here and seems to be expressing a genuine interest to be a NYJ. We'll see what happens...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Yes. Our version of thunder and lightning.

Banned
    IF we sign TJ Duckett then I want Justin Griffith too... they already have a RB/FB "follow the blocks" relationship established. Plus, Griffith is a pretty good receiving FB, not Sowell, but pretty good.

Veteran
    Duckett does nothing for me, i rather not spend the money on someone who hasn't yet proven himself as a good runningback, theres nothing wrong with getting a runningback in the draft....

All Pro
    Duckett is strictly a short yardage RB. I would rather draft Brian Leonard, who has more athletic ability and can catch out of the backfield.

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

you can't compare duckett to leonard, duckett will cost a lot less...

Hall Of Fame
    No unless he is cheap. He's no different then Barlow so what's the point of getting him unless he's cheaper.

Veteran
    I'd want Duckett but mainly for goalline. The guy is a beast inside the 5 and would be good in any short yardage situation. We should sign Duckett because he is one of the less sought after RBs in FA and we could get him pretty cheap and draft a RB. We had 4 RBs on the roster last year, Washington, Blaylock, Barlow, and Houston, and only Washington and Houston are still here so if we get Duckett and draft one (even if that RB is on day 2) then I think we'd be ok.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by isired
    you can't compare duckett to leonard, duckett will cost a lot less...

A second round pick with a rookie contract will hardly put a dent in our wallet.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly

A second round pick with a rookie contract will hardly put a dent in our wallet.
    I'd rather have Leonard to and I think BL would be cheaper the Duckett.

Veteran
    Wasn't Barlow our biggest threat in the end zone last season?

Wouldn't hurt to have someone to pound it in, especially with Cedric getting injured all the time.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417
    I'd want Duckett but mainly for goalline. The guy is a beast inside the 5 and would be good in any short yardage situation. We should sign Duckett because he is one of the less sought after RBs in FA and we could get him pretty cheap and draft a RB. We had 4 RBs on the roster last year, Washington, Blaylock, Barlow, and Houston, and only Washington and Houston are still here so if we get Duckett and draft one (even if that RB is on day 2) then I think we'd be ok.
    Why would you spend money for Duckett if he is only going to be a goaline/Short yardage player? Personally i think we draft a runningback because Houston did well for us as a short yardage player and although Barlow was cut he did fine at goaline, just goes to show that they shouldnt waste their money on a player who should be strictly goaline..

Rookie
    Duckett is strictly a short yardage RB. I would rather draft Brian Leonard, who has more athletic ability and can catch out of the backfield.
    I agree.

Banned
    someone had a thread the other day about the Jets being some "stepsister" destination and suggesting that FA's would not of their volition like to play here. so that was another thing I found interesting about Duckett's feelings, emphasizing that he liked the regime and seemed genuinely interested in being a NYJ. that's an extra intangible that i personally would like to see in whoever the Jets would get as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    someone had a thread the other day about the Jets being some "stepsister" destination and suggesting that FA's would not of their volition like to play here. so that was another thing I found interesting about Duckett's feelings, emphasizing that he liked the regime and seemed genuinely interested in being a NYJ. that's an extra intangible that i personally would like to see in whoever the Jets would get as well.
    that is true...

i'm not sure if he's the answer we're looking for... so again, it's all coming down to 'how short is the money'.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Leonard is a FB.... Duckett is a power RB.... why cant we get both????

All Pro
    I know duckett hasnt done much in his career, but there is somethin about him that interests me. I cant put my finger on it, i was not a fan of getting guys like Barlow, Suggs, Ahman Green, Henry etc. But TJ intrigues me maybe we can tap into his potenetial ( i no its not likely and its not like me to want a JAG who was suppose to be good)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I'm not high on Houston at all, so I voted yes. A LWashington/Duckett combo could be effective.

Hall Of Fame
    Oh god... What a big waste of money. Why waste money on clowns who will give us 200 carries and 400+ yards at best?

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    I know duckett hasnt done much in his career, but there is somethin about him that interests me. I cant put my finger on it, i was not a fan of getting guys like Barlow, Suggs, Ahman Green, Henry etc. But TJ intrigues me maybe we can tap into his potenetial ( i no its not likely and its not like me to want a JAG who was suppose to be good)
    I feel the same.... there is something about Duckett... I wanted him last season also.... I just think he would seriously benefit from playing under a guy like Mangini....