Thread: Moderators please help.

Waterboy

Moderators please help.

Hey Im a computer science major and we for our intro to computers class we had to make a website using basic HTML. Being the jets fan I am I created a Kevin Mangold website. Now one of the requirements is that we use a picture. The picture I used is from this site. And my teacher is not letting me use it, because it is copyrighted and i would need permission. Do you think i could have permission to use this picture on my project?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkidd85
    Hey Im a computer science major and we for our intro to computers class we had to make a website using basic HTML. Being the jets fan I am I created a Kevin Mangold website. Now one of the requirements is that we use a picture. The picture I used is from this site. And my teacher is not letting me use it, because it is copyrighted and i would need permission. Do you think i could have permission to use this picture on my project?
    That would be Nick Mangold dude.

All League

OOOO awkward....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachine51
    OOOO awkward....
    LOL...you better go fix that web page quick!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsieThrasher
    That would be Nick Mangold dude.
    Maybe it's for Nicks cousin Kevin from Spokane. I mean it could be.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89
    LOL...you better go fix that web page quick!

All League
    you don't get permission now.

All Pro
    Tell your teacher NICK mangold is copyrighted, not KEVIN mangold.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    It would be easier if you went to the web and found a pic that's non-copyrighted.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Ask Sooth. Send him a PM but it may take a while to get a response.

Hall Of Fame

Moderator VIP Visionary
    OOOO awkward....
    lol

JetsFan2012
    hahaha, that's a shame

All Pro
    Try gettyimages.com.

I don't know how many results you'll get for a Kevin Mangold, but Nick might be there.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    It would be easier if you went to the web and found a pic that's non-copyrighted.

No such thing....unless your talking about 100 year old public domain images... but......every recent picture is owned by someone (the person who took it) so you are always "legally" bound to get the owners permission.

The minute it is published either in print or on-line it's copyrighted by default.

Now....the fact that very few respect this right, especially in the online world, and thinks that everything on the web is free domain is another discussion
    Last edited by PerfectPat; 03-07-2007 at 12:37 PM.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectPat
    No such thing....unless your talking about 100 year old public domain images... but......every recent picture is owned by someone (the person who took it) so you are always "legally" bound to get the owners permission.

The minute it is published either in print or on-line it's copyrighted by default.

Now....the fact that very few respect this right, especially in the online world, and thinks everything on the web is free domain is another discussion
    Oops.

Yeah, then he needs to find someone that has actually taken his pic. He should talk to Sooth or Limolady.

Veteran
    OOOO awkward....
    LOL... Don't think pictures are the biggest problem with the site at this point lol