Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Colombo On Jets Wish List

  1. #1

    Colombo On Jets Wish List

    This According To Kffl.com

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeats31
    This According To Kffl.com
    I hope so (I'm assuming he's an upgrade over Clement). Getting Thomas Jones isn't going to improve our running game unless we improve our O-line. And prior to the T. Jones trade, the Jets were in a great position to add an impact offensive linemen with the #36 pick (Blalock or Sears). Now if we want one of these guys, it looks like we'll have to spend a 1st rounder on them.

  3. #3
    With all the O-linemen signings and impressive combine/workout numbers boosting players into the first round, is there any chance that Levi slips in the first round into our laps.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Posts
    2,555
    Colombo's injury history is why he hasn't received much more attention. There are definitely teams that are interested in signing him, but want to get him at an affordable, cap friendly price, just in case he gets hurt again.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Are there any good RT prospects in this year's draft? Guys that can start right away?

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe
    With all the O-linemen signings and impressive combine/workout numbers boosting players into the first round, is there any chance that Levi slips in the first round into our laps.
    no. there is no chance of that happening.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    Are there any good RT prospects in this year's draft? Guys that can start right away?
    That'd be worth the 25 pick? Just Levi Brown whos expected to be off the board by that point. I suppose Arron Sears and Tony Ugoh could play Right Tackle, but they'd both be a reach at 25 and off the board by 58 most likely...

    Here's the thing from KFFL.

    Jets | Colombo on wish list
    Fri, 9 Mar 2007 02:15:57 -0800

    Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports unrestricted free-agent OT Marc Colombo (Cowboys) is on the New York Jets' wish list, but they'll likely wait to see what develops in the coming weeks. Right tackle is a position the Jets need to fill.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27
    I hope so (I'm assuming he's an upgrade over Clement). Getting Thomas Jones isn't going to improve our running game unless we improve our O-line. And prior to the T. Jones trade, the Jets were in a great position to add an impact offensive linemen with the #36 pick (Blalock or Sears). Now if we want one of these guys, it looks like we'll have to spend a 1st rounder on them.

    So? I'm sure that was the plan anyway was to take one of these guys there...

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    That'd be worth the 25 pick? Just Levi Brown whos expected to be off the board by that point. I suppose Arron Sears and Tony Ugoh could play Right Tackle, but they'd both be a reach at 25 and off the board by 58 most likely...

    Here's the thing from KFFL.

    Jets | Colombo on wish list
    Fri, 9 Mar 2007 02:15:57 -0800

    Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports unrestricted free-agent OT Marc Colombo (Cowboys) is on the New York Jets' wish list, but they'll likely wait to see what develops in the coming weeks. Right tackle is a position the Jets need to fill.
    No, not with the #25 pick. Good RTs can often be had in the middle rounds. Maybe the #63 pick.

    I think we need a defensive player with the #25 pick.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    6,180
    Jets: Fullback Darian Barnes and RB T. J. Duckett visited the team yesterday. Defensive end David Bowens is still in the Jets' plans and negotiations are ongoing. Barnes, a fifth-year pro, is a blocking fullback and could be just what the Jets are looking for. At 6-2, 240 pounds, he appears to be the perfect guy to pave the way for Jones. Barnes' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, was unavailable for comment.

    Right tackle is also a position the Jets need to fill. Unrestricted free agent Marc Columbo (Cowboys) is on their wish list, but they'll likely wait to see what develops down the road.


    DE Kenyon Coleman (Cowboys), who was signed yesterday, was given a stunning a five-year, $20-million deal that included $6 million in guarantees. A career backup, the Jets believe he'll excel in their system.
    http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/inde...l=1&thispage=2

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    I think we need a defensive player with the #25 pick.

    I am with you 100% and I'm hoping either Jarvis or Anthony Spencer, even Charles Johnson gets drafted to play OLB. I think we are in the minority though

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27
    I hope so (I'm assuming he's an upgrade over Clement). Getting Thomas Jones isn't going to improve our running game unless we improve our O-line. And prior to the T. Jones trade, the Jets were in a great position to add an impact offensive linemen with the #36 pick (Blalock or Sears). Now if we want one of these guys, it looks like we'll have to spend a 1st rounder on them.

    We don't have that pick anymore.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve
    So? I'm sure that was the plan anyway was to take one of these guys there...
    Don't get me wrong, I have no problem taking an offensive lineman in the first round. But I was kind of hoping the Jets could address their defensive line in the 1st round and then draft an impact offensive linemen with their high 2nd round pick. That seems like the more conventional route.
    However, getting a 29 year old RB, who might have a year or 2 left in him, just threw a monkey wrench in my master plan.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27
    Don't get me wrong, I have no problem taking an offensive lineman in the first round. But I was kind of hoping the Jets could address their defensive line in the 1st round and then draft an impact offensive linemen with their high 2nd round pick. That seems like the more conventional route.
    However, getting a 29 year old RB, who might have a year or 2 left in him, just threw a monkey wrench in my master plan.
    Historically, right tackle and guard are positions that can be easily addressed in the late second and third and fourth rounds. These are not "premium" positions, and you can usually find pretty good players well after round one.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II
    Colombo's injury history is why he hasn't received much more attention. There are definitely teams that are interested in signing him, but want to get him at an affordable, cap friendly price, just in case he gets hurt again.
    From what I've read, he had one knee injury over 4 years ago that took him a while to recover from. He started all 16 games for the Cowboys last year. How was his sacks allowed stat? I'm not sure. And I see the Cowboys offered him $7M for 2 years on Wednesday. Is he damaged goods? Probably not if the Boys were willing to spend that kind of change on him. He's definitely worth a long look at 28 years old. And he's only played in 39 games in 5 years. Not a lot of wear on the body. Again, as long as his knee is healthy.

  16. #16
    The only O-linemen worth 1st round picks are Thomas, Levi, Blaylock

    Some will add Grubbs and Sears to that list, but the top three would be the only ones I would pick at #25 or earlier.

    To limit the choice down even further, only Thomas, Levi and Sears are viewed as true tackles.

    It probobly won't happen, but if both Levi and Blaylock were on the board, I think we would have to go Levi.

    I am really hoping for Ramirez at #63 or in the 3rd round.

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27
    Don't get me wrong, I have no problem taking an offensive lineman in the first round. But I was kind of hoping the Jets could address their defensive line in the 1st round and then draft an impact offensive linemen with their high 2nd round pick. That seems like the more conventional route.
    However, getting a 29 year old RB, who might have a year or 2 left in him, just threw a monkey wrench in my master plan.
    I'd say easily 3 years.

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    781
    I was all for taking a DE/OLB in the first round, and if the right talent is still there then maybe i would still be for it, but right now i would like to see us pick up Justin Blalock (J-Block) with the first pick, and address the DE/OLB and CB positions in the second round, b/c i feel the talent still holds up down there in the late second (especially the seemingly even field of CBs).

    I know some might see another first round pick going to OL as being boring, but honestly, OL makes or breaks your team, you live and die in the trenches, and if we could finally get our running game re-established, we could really change our gameplans around big time. Not to mention if we got Noodle-Arm 4-5 seconds a throw he could pick off the Defense without a problem all day and night, why do u think brady is so good? natural talent? PLEASE!

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    6,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894
    I was all for taking a DE/OLB in the first round, and if the right talent is still there then maybe i would still be for it, but right now i would like to see us pick up Justin Blalock (J-Block) with the first pick, and address the DE/OLB and CB positions in the second round, b/c i feel the talent still holds up down there in the late second (especially the seemingly even field of CBs).

    I know some might see another first round pick going to OL as being boring, but honestly, OL makes or breaks your team, you live and die in the trenches, and if we could finally get our running game re-established, we could really change our gameplans around big time. Not to mention if we got Noodle-Arm 4-5 seconds a throw he could pick off the Defense without a problem all day and night, why do u think brady is so good? natural talent? PLEASE!
    3 1st rd contracts on the oline. seems like a bit much. that being said. we havent done anything to improve our defenese one bit. so im sticking with DL cant go into another season with D rob at NT.His poor play was the reason for vilmas struggles. its no coincidence that the last 4 weeks of season when d rob started to play a little better. vilma play became much better.
    Last edited by Scoop24; 03-09-2007 at 10:30 AM.

  20. #20
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    454
    yea but mangold was a late 1st round pick and if we pick OL in the 1st round this year it will be another late 1st round pick....If we had 3 guys picked in the top 10 i would be concerned, but if there is someone who can make a difference i dont care what position he plays

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us