Thread: Mock Draft 3 (w/ Jets 1st day)

Banned

Mock Draft 3 (w/ Jets 1st day)

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU

[FALCONS TRADE #10, MATT SCHAUB, AND NEXT YEAR'S 1st ROUNDER FOR #2]
    2. Atlanta Falcons (Trade w/DET) - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
    -- The Falcons appease their fans, make a QB of Vick, and make sure that the first rounder they give up next year is higher than 20

3. Cleveland Browns - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
    -- Quinn-Ohio, Crennell-Weis, the lack of a legit QB in Cleveland since Kosar...

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
    -- First big surprise. Tampa remembers what a Sapp could do for this defense, and Okoye could provide it for a dozen years

5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
    -- Great, but not Orlando Pace, so he could be there at 5. Just what the Cards need

6. Washington Redskins - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

7. New England (Trade w/ MIN) - Laron Landry, S, LSU
    -- The Pats can't afford to pay 2 first rounders anymore, and continue to acquire impact players. Minnesota can get a WR late in the first.

8. Houston Texans - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma

9. Miami Dolphins - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan

10. Detroit Lions (Trade W/ATL) - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan

11. San Francisco 49ers - Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas

12. Buffalo Bills - Darrelle Revis, CB, Pitt

13. St. Louis Rams - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska

14. Carolina Panthers - Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss

15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jarvis Moss, DE/OLB, Florida

16. Green Bay Packers - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal

17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida

18. Cincinnati Bengals - Greg Olsen, TE, Miami

19. Tennessee Titans - Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee

20. New York Giants - Levi Brown OT, PSU

21. Denver Broncos - Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia

22. Dallas Cowboys - Justin Blalock, OG, Texas

23. Kansas City Chiefs - Ted Ginn, Jr, WR, OSU

24. Minnesota Vikings (via Seattle from NE) - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC

25. New York Jets - Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

26. Philadelphia Eagles - Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU

27. New Orleans Saints - Chris Houston, CB, Ark

28. Minnesota Vikings (trade w/ NE) - Paul Pozluzny, LB, PSU

29. Baltimore Ravens - Ryan Kalil, C, USC

30. San Diego Chargers - Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina

31. Chicago Bears - Lawrence Timmons, LB, FSU

32. Indianapolis Colts - Jon Beason, LB, Miami

JETS MOCK
    #59 - Ryan McBean, DT, OK St
    #63 - Anthony Waters, ILB, Clemson
    #89 - Marshall Yanda, G, Iowa
    Last edited by BrookBarringer; 03-16-2007 at 05:58 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    I like the mock alot and the trades as well. I like the Jets 1st pick as well but not sure about the others, I think McBean and Clowney will go lower than that. Wright is tantalizing talent wise but does he not have a bit of a history of suspect character?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    I like the mock alot and the trades as well. I like the Jets 1st pick as well but not sure about the others, I think McBean and Clowney will go lower than that. Wright is tantalizing talent wise but does he not have a bit of a history of suspect character?
    The Jets have a pretty high character team as it is, I wouldn't be afraid to take one late second round pick who has a history.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BrookBarringer
    The Jets have a pretty high character team as it is, I wouldn't be afraid to take one late second round pick who has a history.
    I wouldn't either to tell you the truth but alot of people sem to make a huge deal out of character. I don't know enough about Wright to know why his character was called into question.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    I wouldn't either to tell you the truth but alot of people sem to make a huge deal out of character. I don't know enough about Wright to know why his character was called into question.
    He was accused of a rape and also caught with like 130 E pills

That was a few years ago and he has suposedly cleaned up his act after he transfered to UNLV.

Banned
    Nice mock. I could see those trades happening.

I am not quite sure on what the Skins and Bills trade is all about. Was a swap for picks or players?

I dont think either of those players are falling out of the top 10.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet in Florida
    Nice mock. I could see those trades happening.

I am not quite sure on what the Skins and Bills trade is all about. Was a swap for picks or players?
    SKins need picks badly. I could see the Bills giving up some high picks this year and next and being contect with a few extra mid rounders they picked up for mcgahee to get one of the better RB prospects in recent years. Peterson could be twice what McGahee was, and they signed Dockery...they might be looking to run Peterson 30 times a game and have Losman take shots downfield.

All League
    1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU

[FALCONS TRADE #10, MATT SCHAUB, AND NEXT YEAR'S 1st ROUNDER FOR #2]
    2. Atlanta Falcons (Trade w/DET) - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
    -- The Falcons appease their fans, make a QB of Vick, and make sure that the first rounder they give up next year is higher than 20

JETS MOCK
    #59 - Eric Wright, CB, UNLV
    #63 - Ryan McBean, DT, OK St
    #89 - David Clowney, WR, VT
    Draft wont work. Calvin Johnson is going to be the first pick.

Banned
    receivers are worthless on a team with a bad qb AND a bad line. So I think Johnson only goes first if somebody trades up, and I don't see who would trade up, unless the falcons did the same thing. don't think the niners or the vikings would make a play up.

Undrafted Free Agent
    No way the Giants could pass on Levi Brown at their spot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B Wonderful
    No way the Giants could pass on Levi Brown at their spot.

i kind of agree with you.....in fact, i'm going to edit it in light of revis' speed and the giants free agency ineptitudes.

Very interesting mock. Kudos to you for the work you put into it.

I just can't see McBean or Waters going that high and I don't think either winds up in green and white. Waters is still recovering from a pretty serious injury and wasn't able to partake in the combine. For that reason alone, he seems like a pretty cut and dried 2nd day guy. I see McBean as being more of a rotation guy than a straight starter. Somebody that would be nice for depth as a project, but not somebody you'd waste a 2nd round pick on.

Just my opinions. Again nice work.

All League
    I like the trade, according to my chart the Pats could only get up to 8 with their 2 first rounders, so the value must be there. I love the player. Not only a great player, but a great player in a position of need. He and Johnson, IMHO are the 2 safest picks in the top 10.

What you might want to check on is your reasoning behind the trade. I am SURE that the Landry contract will cost MORE than the 2 contracts at 24 and 28 COMBINED. Also, if you din't know the Pats have plenty of money left. Right now, they STILL have the 13th most cap space in the NFL after signing the 6 new guys. (between 10 and 11MM IIRC) 6 new players = 11% of the roster, and the cap consequence of the 6 new contracts combined is they take 11% of the $113MM the Pats have this year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken
    I like the trade, according to my chart the Pats could only get up to 8 with their 2 first rounders, so the value must be there. I love the player. Not only a great player, but a great player in a position of need. He and Johnson, IMHO are the 2 safest picks in the top 10.

What you might want to check on is your reasoning behind the trade. I am SURE that the Landry contract will cost MORE than the 2 contracts at 24 and 28 COMBINED. Also, if you din't know the Pats have plenty of money left. Right now, they STILL have the 13th most cap space in the NFL after signing the 6 new guys. (between 10 and 11MM IIRC) 6 new players = 11% of the roster, and the cap consequence of the 6 new contracts combined is they take 11% of the $113MM the Pats have this year.
    True, but I was thinking more about resigning these guys down the line. And as for the value, maybe the chart only gets them to 8, but minny would do that deal in a second because of the ability to get a top flight LB and WR at the end of the first round. Obviously, that value chart does not apply to every draft.

All League
    receivers are worthless on a team with a bad qb AND a bad line. So I think Johnson only goes first if somebody trades up, and I don't see who would trade up, unless the falcons did the same thing. don't think the niners or the vikings would make a play up.
    The Raiders ARE going to take CJ. I just cannot seem him passing on him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd
    While Calvin is a BEAST... it makes zero sense. It is very rare when you see a WR make his quarterback a star. That's what would need to happen in Oakland for them to be successful with CJ.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd
    If the Raiders go into next season with the same offensive line and andrew walter at QB, calvin johson would be hard pressed to catch for 500 yards. I agree that he's the best prospect in the draft, but the raiders would be crazy to take him. they SHOULD do what the lions are doing and ransom him off to the highest bidder...trade down to ten and draft levi jones, get schaub and get an extra first rounder next year....but I think they take russell and the lions and falcons work it out.

Banned
    SKins need picks badly. I could see the Bills giving up some high picks this year and next and being contect with a few extra mid rounders they picked up for mcgahee to get one of the better RB prospects in recent years. Peterson could be twice what McGahee was, and they signed Dockery...they might be looking to run Peterson 30 times a game and have Losman take shots downfield.
    Right. This is true and I could see that happening for sure.

All League
    True, but I was thinking more about resigning these guys down the line. And as for the value, maybe the chart only gets them to 8, but minny would do that deal in a second because of the ability to get a top flight LB and WR at the end of the first round. Obviously, that value chart does not apply to every draft.
    If thats the case, then....your lips to God's ear..... Do the deal