Thread: funny story from Alan Branch's Sirius Draft Diary

All League

funny story from Alan Branch's Sirius Draft Diary

The other day i was driving home and i heard an alan branch interview on Sirius with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan. They asked Branch about how his proday and who worked him out. Branch talked about how this crazy coach or scout or something was there from the cheifs. He said the guy was pretty crazy, he got out to the feild and this coach just challenged him flat out to a wrestling match.

Kirwan and Ryan were laughing because they actually knew about this guy. They were telling stories about how he wrestles every single d-line prospect that the cheifs interested in. I thought that was pretty funny though. Branch actually said the guy was tough as hell too and he had a hard time moving him around. I couldn't really understand the name of the cheifs coach or scout, it was something like Cromwright?

There was a few other interesting bits of information in the Alan Branch interview. They actually asked him about his weight and he told them he lost weight since high school. Ryan and Kirwan seemed to take this as a real positive sign. Kirwan commented that usually when a player is smaller now than he was in highschool that it is a great sign. He said in most cases the guys who are slimmer as they get older usually remain active and stay that way. I know alot of people were concerned about his shape.

There was some other stuff in the interview but i heard it a couple of days ago so i can't remember too much.

Sheesh kids, it's TIM KRUMRIE.......

All League
    I'm not a kid, i'm 30, but i didn't start watching football till 1996.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Glad to hear that Tim Krumrie's ankle is finally back together in one piece.

That was one of the most gruesome injuries ive ever seen.

Hall Of Fame
    to be honest this type of thing by Krumrie is not all that fair to a new recruit. Put the guy being tested against a pro player or another college player where he feels he mentally on the same footing. A young college player might not want to kill some old friggin coach/personell guy who still thinks he can toss the youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    to be honest this type of thing by Krumrie is not all that fair to a new recruit. Put the guy being tested against a pro player or another college player where he feels he mentally on the same footing. A young college player might not want to kill some old friggin coach/personell guy who still thinks he can toss the youngsters.

It's fair if he does it to all of them equally..... To compare how each one handels extreme adversity and an uncomfortable situation....

That's how you separate the guys that really want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper
    It's fair if he does it to all of them equally..... To compare how each one handels extreme adversity and an uncomfortable situation....

That's how you separate the guys that really want it.

I think the whole situation is much more about Krumrie wanting to feel like he's still "got it" and can mix it up with the youngsters than it is a test of a player's aggressiveness or fighting spirit. A middle aged guy who feels like he might be slipping and wants to prove to himself and all around him that he's not.

Krumrie should just go buy a sports car or get a young mistress instead of beating up college players. It's the far more respectable response to a mid-life crisis.