Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York Media

Undrafted Free Agent

New York Media

New York Media, other than Cimini, does a horrible job of covering football. 2 weeks before the draft, no insight, no articles. I guess New York is a baseball town.

All Pro
    Other than Cimini?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gsulli
    New York Media, other than Cimini, does a horrible job of covering football. 2 weeks before the draft, no insight, no articles. I guess New York is a baseball town.
    I agree with you....but New York is and will always be a Baseball town

Banned
    New York a baseball town? Give me a break. NY is a winning town, a what have you done for me latley town.

There is NO news to report. The baseball season just began. What the **** do you think theyll cover? Im pretty sure they dont cover baseball from november - January.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nico002
    New York a baseball town? Give me a break. NY is a winning town, a what have you done for me latley town.

There is NO news to report. The baseball season just began. What the **** do you think theyll cover? Im pretty sure they dont cover baseball from november - January.
    NY is DEF a baseball town.....the jets and giants where both in the playoffs and you know what the main stories in the newspapers sports section where?
    How Carlos beltran offered the yanks a discount then signed with the Mets, for weeks thatcaptured the back pages, this is just one example, and im not about to get into a pissin match with you about it but anyone who knows about it will tell you NY is a baseball town , The Jets and Giants combined will never get the attention the Yanks get, maybe even the Mets for that matter

Banned
    If they Dont write anything:

New York is a baseball town, what the hell?

If they write something you don't agree with:

These guys are idiots, most of the fans here know more then they do.

If they write something you agree with:

We've been saying that here for weeks, they must be reading JI.

If they write more about the Giants:

There is so much bias, it's unbelievable, Eli Manning sucks.

If they write anything critical:

This is the most unfair article I've ever read, what an idiot.

If they write something you like:

Finally, this idiot gets something right.

Honestly, what do you people want?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nico002

Wrong. Baseball free agency gets highly covered.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-15-2007 at 01:12 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Wrong. Baseball free agency gets highly covered.
    Name the football free agency moves that should have been covered the week of April 9th - 15th?

I'm pretty sure there was plenty of talk when free agency was actually happening.

Banned
    Name the football free agency moves that should have been covered the week of April 9th - 15th?

I'm pretty sure there was plenty of talk when free agency was actually happening.
    I wasn't talking about football free agency. The time period I was discussing was Nov-Jan. Baseball free agency is a season in its self.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-15-2007 at 01:15 PM.

All Pro
    New York is a baseball town, always has been, whats the problem with that?

Undrafted Free Agent

Great response, says it all.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    I wasn't talking about football free agency. The time period I was discussing was Nov-Jan.
    I gathered that, but when you respond adversly to a post about not covering baseball heavily in the offseason and one that disagrees w/ the concept of NY as a 'baseball town' in a thread about not covering football, you're acknowledging the fact that baseball is more heavily covered than football, and pretty much agreeing w/ the original poster that NY is basically a baseball town.

All Pro
    There is not much to report in the NFL at this time of year, but I agree that the writers could do a much better job of providing in depth analysis of the current state of the team.

JetsFan2012

Throw in assorted conversation about the Jets being a New Jersey team, and that's 80% of the ongoing discussion here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    Throw in assorted conversation about the Jets being a New Jersey team, and that's 80% of the ongoing discussion here.
    It is New York team. It is also a New Jersey team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    New York is a baseball town, always has been, whats the problem with that?
    shhh.....the truth seems to hurt people on this thread

All Pro

diehard football fans..........

get screwed by living in the greater New York area in this way. Baseball is the most popular sport in the metro area. But, aside from St. Louis and the New England region, football is almost a religion in this country. Most people feel baseball is not even the second most popular sport in the country. NASCAR is far more popular, overall, in this country.

As far as the media in this area, it is simple. The media will sell out their soul in the name of sales. The competition, especially between the News and the Post, is brutal. Baseball offers a consistent sports story from March until November 1st (or whenever the New York teams are eliminated). As long as the financial situation remains the same in baseball, the New York teams will always be in the race-especially the Yankees. So, this area is an anomaly compared to the rest of the country.

A true football fan must resort to Sirius radio and the NFL Network to get their fix.

All League
    Do you judge the NY Metro area as being all baseball because of the NY Post and Daily News? If so, those papers appeal to the 5th grade reader.

Pro football is alive and well. It is only played once a week for 17 weeks; followed by playoffs. It is hard to compete for newsprint with 27 weeks and 160 games and then the post season of baseball. It is simply a matter of quantity, but certainly not quality.

I do not follow baseball and I know many like myself. One of the reasons is because the season is simply too too damned long and only a handful of teams go to the post season after dragging out the season. But this is also subject to the eye of the beholder.

The location of the story in a newspaper is of little concern to me. Mostly because I get what I look for on the computer or from Sirius Radio.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet
    Do you judge the NY Metro area as being all baseball because of the NY Post and Daily News? If so, those papers appeal to the 5th grade reader.

Pro football is alive and well. It is only played once a week for 17 weeks; followed by playoffs. It is hard to compete for newsprint with 27 weeks and 160 games and then the post season of baseball. It is simply a matter of quantity, but certainly not quality.

I do not follow baseball and I know many like myself. One of the reasons is because the season is simply too too damned long and only a handful of teams go to the post season after dragging out the season. But this is also subject to the eye of the beholder.

The location of the story in a newspaper is of little concern to me. Mostly because I get what I look for on the computer or from Sirius Radio.
    You are certainly a minority when it comes to baseball in the tri-state area. There is reason why the Yankees averaged over 52,000 and the Mets averaged over 41,000 fans last year at home. Thats pretty damn good for over 80 games scheduled at home.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-15-2007 at 02:48 PM.