Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why not offer a 3rd for Moss?

Undrafted Free Agent

why not offer a 3rd for Moss?

Definitely an upgrade over McCarrens, high value for what they are asking. Experience in working with Pennington... Preventing The Patsies from getting him. Enough about character.... what ever happened to the right environment allowing players with attitudes to thrive. This guy may be past his prime, but he is far from being over the hill and way better then Justin, or anyone else we could potentially draft. I have a funny feeling that this is one of themoves that could come out of left field, it makes sense for so many reason....Make it so team Tangenius!
    Last edited by Jeff144man; 04-28-2007 at 11:32 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff144man
    Definitely an upgrade over McCarrens, high value for what they are asking. Experience in working with Pennington... Preventing The Patsies from getting him. Enough about character.... what ever happened to the right environment allowing players with attitudes to thrive. This guy may be past his prime, but he is way better then Justin, or anyone else we could potentially draft. Make it so team Tangenius!
    If he's past his prime so is Coles whose older right?? Give them JMac and a 5th..

Undrafted Free Agent
    I doubt that Justin and a 5th would be enough...mark my words, wherever he goes, he will have a positive impact next year. If he ends up in our division I for 1 am going to be p to the iz oed!
    Last edited by Jeff144man; 04-28-2007 at 11:33 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I doubt that Justin and a 5th would be enough... Past his prim, but not over the hill is what I should have said..... mark my words, wherever he goes, he will have a positive impact next year. If he ends up in our division i am going to be p.oed
    I think he's gone to the Pats or the Pack..

Undrafted Free Agent
    those are just the two teams associated with him via rumor... but how many times have we seen someone get traded that was not previously linked to the team that they eventually ended up on?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If hes going to the Pats, Id make a trade for him to block the Pats.

Undrafted Free Agent
    my point exactly... especially in light of our lack of depth at cb... Moss to the Pats could be devestating. Even if we go corner in Rd 1, there is no guarantee that we will be able to stop him.

Veteran
    because he is an ass

All League
    Two points which run completely contrary to what the Jets are doing:

1. Be reactive. Make your moves based on what a division rival is doing.

2. "Who cares about character ? He's a big-name player who will give my team a lot of pub on Sportscenter."

The Jets are not going to make moves based on what New England, or any other team is doing. They're going to worry about their own program. And the Jets have a set of starting WRs. At the moment, they have two guys who can fill the #3 receiver slot (McCareins and Smith) and may take a receiver in the draft like Mike Walker.

Undrafted Free Agent
    an a** with breakout speed that can help win football games

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

In his 7 years with the Vikes he had 90 TD's..Jerry rice had 93 but he had Montana and Young as his QB's..With Brady he would be one hell of a threat!

All League
    Come on - with the year Tangini had last year you're going to knock their philosophy and approach to adding new players ? Please don't be one of those fans who liked the success in the regular season, but rip them during Free agency and the draft for not gambling on talent.

Randy Moss will not be a Jet. Please move on.

Veteran
    It goes back to the "high character" philosophy. The regime will not bring in a guy with his track record and attitude problems.

If you recall, as recently as four months ago, this guy refused to talk to his new head coach when he was hired.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05
    Come on - with the year Tangini had last year you're going to knock their philosophy and approach to adding new players ? Please don't be one of those fans who liked the success in the regular season, but rip them during Free agency and the draft for not gambling on talent.

Randy Moss will not be a Jet. Please move on.
    Exactly

Undrafted Free Agent
    He is a proven winner with a history with Chad.... I don't think it is a stretch to say that we may end up in the mix. While he may have had character issues in the past, ultimately you or I have no idea what Mangini or Tannenbaum think of Moss's character. I am also sure that Chad's opinion could be a factor as it was (albeit with another regime) when we traded to bring back Coles.

Because he hasn't agreed to re-negotiate his contract with us. Plus, I'd rather just use our picks to upgrade the defense. Moss has lost a few steps IMO.

Veteran
    He is a proven winner with a history with Chad.... I don't think it is a stretch to say that we may end up in the mix. While he may have had character issues in the past, ultimately you or I have no idea what Mangini or Tannenbaum think of Moss's character. I am also sure that Chad's opinion could be a factor as it was (albeit with another regime) when we traded to bring back Coles.
    You are right in that we don't know Mangini's or Tannenbaum's opinion on Moss. However, when considering their track record and that of Moss, it doesn't look like a fit to me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Jets would never even consider trying to trade for Moss. He's lazy on the field and has poor character off it.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    If hes going to the Pats, Id make a trade for him to block the Pats.

I don't know where the Pats are coming from...why would they need anpother receiver????

all reports say the Packers.....the packers.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What you meant to say was: an a** with breakout speed that used to help win football games

Been awhile since that Moss was on the field. On top of that it is said that he has ever done what it takes off the field to be that player. Most think that he won't ever get back to that level again because of this.