Thread: This could turn into an amazing Draft for the Jets

All Pro

This could turn into an amazing Draft for the Jets

So far things have falling our way with the jets trading up for the best CB in the draft by far and it only costing us a 2nd rounder (that we got for free last year when falling back and picking up Klemens - a move that also netted us T Jones).

Not to mention boneheaded picks by Miami and NE and Buffalo neither getting better or worse switching Marshawn Lynch for McGayhee.

Can you imagine though if Alan Branch, Justin Blaylock, or Ben Grubbs, falls to us in the 2nd or 3rd or to a lesser extent David Harris or Lamar Woodley?

All League
    A little early top predicting this, no? Wait for pick#2 and #3 to be made, then let's discuss (especially with Grubbs just being selected).

All League
    I'm thinking it's going to be Francis in round 2 or 3...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead
    A little early top predicting this, no? Wait for pick#2 and #3 to be made, then let's discuss (especially with Grubbs just being selected).
    Way too early we got one freaking pick.

All Pro
    First round has closed and all of those players except Grubbs are still there. Damn - Arizona picks Branch

You jinxed it

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside
    So far things have falling our way with the jets trading up for the best CB in the draft by far and it only costing us a 2nd rounder (that we got for free last year when falling back and picking up Klemens - a move that also netted us T Jones).

Not to mention boneheaded picks by Miami and NE and Buffalo neither getting better or worse switching Marshawn Lynch for McGayhee.

Can you imagine though if Alan Branch, Justin Blaylock, or Ben Grubbs, falls to us in the 2nd or 3rd or to a lesser extent David Harris or Lamar Woodley?
    I dunno.

Between Ross, Hall and Revis...I wouldn't pick Revis as #1.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'd hardly call this an amazing draft, just wish we had more picks or we can so some damage. How about unloading some players? Not a single player moved yet in trades....

All League
    I'm not gonna get too excited. That we're picking at the dead bottom of rd2, and we have no 4/5/7 tomorrow, this is not gonna go down as a GREAT DRAFT in terms of picking up alot of great players IMO.

I just hope we get some decent guys for DL/LB/OL with what picks we still have, but the big names are all gone (except woodley, but he wont last to 63)

All League
    who are we taking next?

ok i am shtt faced who are we taking next?
    Last edited by JetsMike; 04-28-2007 at 07:38 PM.

All Pro
    It seems as if Tannenbaum is getting that reputation as a wheelin'-dealin' pick swapper. And I'm not sure if it's a great thing. How many players are we gonna get out of this?

I'm happy with the two guys we picked, but it seems like an awful lot to give up.

Do we unload a LB now?

Is McCareins gonna go to Tenn. for a 3rd?

There's a few things that could still shake out, so we'll see.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyjets212
    I dunno.

Between Ross, Hall and Revis...I wouldn't pick Revis as #1.
    Well, you'd be in very very small company. Revis is by virtually all account the best corner on the board.