Thread: Get Your Facts Straight

All League

Get Your Facts Straight

I'm gonna puke if I have to hear one more person say we "traded away our whole draft" for two players. (Pick ANY of the last 20 threads and you'll probably see it somewhere!!)

We started the draft with SIX picks -- we ended it with FOUR. That's a 33% decrease -- a FAR cry from "our WHOLE draft". (Not to mention the fact that the TRADE VALUE CHART actually shows us walking away with MORE value than we started with!!)

We filled needs at CB, LB, OL, and WR. (I'm not counting TJ, since we knew about him BEFORE the draft)

If we had the full six, maybe we would've added help at DL and TE. But we WOULDN'T have had the TOP prospect at any of those positions, and some would argue we walked away with TWO.

Consider all the FA signings we had, and there's just as good a chance we fill those holes anyway.

I don't know if this was a good draft -- NO ONE knows until we see the product on the field. But someone actually called this a "Mike Ditka draft" -- some of you REALLY need to get a clue.

All League
    FWIW......All 4 picks were excellent choices and the last 2 have good shots to turn out to be steals.......Very happy with this draft overall

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH
    I'm gonna puke if I have to hear one more person say we "traded away our whole draft" for two players. (Pick ANY of the last 20 threads and you'll probably see it somewhere!!)

We started the draft with SIX picks -- we ended it with FOUR. That's a 33% decrease -- a FAR cry from "our WHOLE draft". (Not to mention the fact that the TRADE VALUE CHART actually shows us walking away with MORE value than we started with!!)

We filled needs at CB, LB, OL, and WR. (I'm not counting TJ, since we knew about him BEFORE the draft)

If we had the full six, maybe we would've added help at DL and TE. But we WOULDN'T have had the TOP prospect at any of those positions, and some would argue we walked away with TWO.

Consider all the FA signings we had, and there's just as good a chance we fill those holes anyway.

I don't know if this was a good draft -- NO ONE knows until we see the product on the field. But someone actually called this a "Mike Ditka draft" -- some of you REALLY need to get a clue.
    i think that YOU need to get your CAPS lock straight BEFORE you make future posts AND threads as it is HIGHLY annoying

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    i think that YOU need to get your CAPS lock straight BEFORE you make future posts AND threads as it is HIGHLY annoying
    As usual, an informative and productive addition from JFL.

GREAT to HAVE you ABOARD, my FRIEND.

All Pro

great post

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH

very good post, but some of these fans don't wan't to hear that. Its much more fun to sit in the parking lot at the stadium and moan and complain about how we suck. Even if its not true anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa
    FWIW......All 4 picks were excellent choices and the last 2 have good shots to turn out to be steals.......Very happy with this draft overall

I am in agreement with you! This will turn out to be a very productive draft, a very good one. We adressed our biggest team needs on defense with probably the two most qualified candidates. Our run defense will be vastly improved. We kept Vilma, who will be more free to roam or blitz next season, and we also got Kendall some help.

We had a very good draft to compliment a good free agency period and the Jets will be a lot more competitive next season.

I learned last year that some Jet fans will never be happy because we don't shoot ourselves by taking players we don't need (Brady Quinn).

If the 2006 season didn't convince fans that Mangini and Tannenbaum know exactly what they are doing then it is their own fault. Some of them like to pretend that they know exactly what they are talkiing about and will even present a pretty convincing arguement to back their claim, but they really don't have a clue.

MOstly they just like to B**** and cry! It's funnny!!!