Thread: Quantity over quality

Undrafted Free Agent

Quantity over quality

It seems as though that is the philosophy of some Jet fans that we have heard from over the last two days. If you sit back and wait, take no chances you have no chance to be great. I love the way this new regime operates. If you like what you see you go get it. That's what they did with Revis and Harris, both very highly rated. Quite frankly, some of the posts I read were stupis and embarrassing.

Banned
    Exactly. You cannot act the same way in every draft.

You have to anaylize the entire draft, then decide what approach to take.

Last year there was a very deep draft. The players we wanted were there for us.

This year the draft was weak, we had to make moves to get impact day one starters.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gsulli
    It seems as though that is the philosophy of some Jet fans that we have heard from over the last two days. If you sit back and wait, take no chances you have no chance to be great. I love the way this new regime operates. If you like what you see you go get it. That's what they did with Revis and Harris, both very highly rated. Quite frankly, some of the posts I read were stupis and embarrassing.

I agree. I love this board because it's free to get late-breaking Jet News as it happens and I come alot because of that but some of the posts by these doomsday naysayers, these (sometimes) oldtimers stuck with the losing mentality and these other people who complain if we don't sign a name guy (ie Porter), the Patriots-envy posts, are all really embarrassing. I have seen nothing that makes me doubt what the FO is doing is bad for this team. I loved the picks of CB, LB and trading up to get them. Excellent job, the team helped plug some of it's holes and as I believe someone posted on here earlier, I think the Jets will sign a greater amt. of undrafted rookies. Ever needs to be calm though. I realize everyone has their opinion but it's almost as if some people just ***** for attention. We get it...alright..we get it.

Sidenote: A couple of people post on here *****ing how the board 'lost it's edge' because we allow Patriot Fans to come here..what's the big deal? I happen to find Pats Fan Tx, for example, to be highly entertaining and alot of what he says has some validity to it. I'd much rather welcome Patriot Fans who are not offensive than to see anymore immature "Brady is Gay" threads which just maximizes your envy and stupidity to the max.
    Last edited by WeskerLogan; 04-29-2007 at 06:18 PM.