Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: the famous Revis punt return

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Passaic Park,*holy ground*
    Posts
    1,989

    the famous Revis punt return

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV3g2Z-0ExA A little glimpse of the future...

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bedford, PA
    Posts
    2,148
    Best thing about that highlight was the vicious block

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,650
    that is one of the best blocks i have ever seen

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Amazing block and run.

    Lovely little spin move at the end to score also...

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    947
    After the block he just blazes past everyone else down the side line.

    He dosent look fast, but if you compare him to the other players on the field he is just flying. He makes running look effortless.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,866
    That was a great block and that spin move at the end of the run to avoid the tackle and stay in bounds was a thing of beauty by Revis.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by nico002
    After the block he just blazes past everyone else down the side line.

    He dosent look fast, but if you compare him to the other players on the field he is just flying. He makes running look effortless.
    he has a good long stride and runs with his upper body forward...I'm no sprint coach but he seems to have a nice,natural,smooth running style and appears genuinely fast

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Middlesex County, NJ
    Posts
    3,368
    Quote Originally Posted by sandz
    Best thing about that highlight was the vicious block
    The first thing I thought when I saw that clip on ESPN was Revis' presence of mind to allow that block to develop....The defenders were so keyed in on him they didn't see the help coming but Revis did....Thing of beauty.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,768
    We should've traded up for that guy who threw the block!

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,929
    another highlight!!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bw6dpRFliA&NR=1

    but............... listen to the annuncer saying "he fumbled two punts tonight".

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,751
    best thing in that clip IMO is revis' reaction - he just made one of the most incredible punt returns in college football history, he gets into the endzone on a great little spin move, and when he gets there, what does he do? backflips? big spike? point at the opposition, shaking his head and wagging his finger? nah, he acts like he's been there before, drops the ball on the ground, let's his teammates mob him, makes his way back to the bench. it's still a tight game, he's got to play D (the return/PAT put them up 7 in the 3rd qtr). that's the kind of player i want.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Passaic Park,*holy ground*
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinker
    another highlight!!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bw6dpRFliA&NR=1

    but............... listen to the annuncer saying "he fumbled two punts tonight".
    The announcer also said the Revis interception was the cherry on top... another outstanding play by Revis!...

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by isired
    best thing in that clip IMO is revis' reaction - he just made one of the most incredible punt returns in college football history, he gets into the endzone on a great little spin move, and when he gets there, what does he do? backflips? big spike? point at the opposition, shaking his head and wagging his finger? nah, he acts like he's been there before, drops the ball on the ground, let's his teammates mob him, makes his way back to the bench. it's still a tight game, he's got to play D (the return/PAT put them up 7 in the 3rd qtr). that's the kind of player i want.
    that's exactly what I was thinking....you see the same thing with Harris...makes a big tackle and gets up and ready for the next play...none of the jawing and crap that you see so many players doing....Stuckey too just gets on with it

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,233
    I like his burst speed. The kid can motor.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Unreal...he only looked like he was going 75% full speed...effortless...

  16. #16
    oh man, i watched that game live!!!!

    it wasn't until now that i made the connection that REVIS was the guy who ran it back!!!

    this makes me happy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us