Thread: Happy Anniversary!

All Pro

Happy Anniversary!

4 years...

and unfortunately still as wrong as it was back then

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the president to explain to us what the exit strategy is."

-- George W. Bush, 4/9/99, criticizing President Clinton for not setting a timetable for exiting Kosovo.

"I think it's also important for the president to lay out a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be withdrawn."

-- George W. Bush, 6/5/99

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius
    "Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the president to explain to us what the exit strategy is."

-- George W. Bush, 4/9/99, criticizing President Clinton for not setting a timetable for exiting Kosovo.

"I think it's also important for the president to lay out a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be withdrawn."

-- George W. Bush, 6/5/99
    A timetable is a good idea. An exit strategy is also a good idea. I just don't understand why Democrats don't demand any kind of interim or benchmark report (exit strategy, timetable, etc.) from President Bush re: the Iraq 'War'.

Bush is pathetic but the Democrats ONLY solution to withdraw US military troops make them a lot worse.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet
    A timetable is a good idea. An exit strategy is also a good idea. I just don't understand why Democrats don't demand any kind of interim or benchmark report (exit strategy, timetable, etc.) from President Bush re: the Iraq 'War'.

Bush is pathetic but the Democrats ONLY solution to withdraw US military troops make them a lot worse.
    The bill does include benchmarks with consequences if they are not met (withdrawl)