Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testaverde Is At The Pats Mini-Camp

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Testaverde Is At The Pats Mini-Camp

May 22, 2007
    Vinny time

As the Patriots hold a four-day passing camp this week, the team has been joined by a familiar face: Vinny Testaverde.

The veteran quarterback has not signed a contract with the club, although his locker has remained intact at Gillette Stadium. If the 43-year-old Testaverde signs on with the team for 2007, it would mark his 21st NFL season.

The Patriots have three quarterbacks on the roster at this time: Tom Brady, Matt Cassel and Matt Gutierrez.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...ny_time_2.html

Banned
    where is SAR's traitor pic

Hall Of Fame
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Too f'n funny.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Green
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Too f'n funny.
    I hope they sign him. He will never see the field except to take a knee, but he deserves a Superbowl.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC
    I hope they sign him. He will never see the field except to take a knee, but he deserves a Superbowl.
    #1. No he doesn't.

#2. Even if he did, he won't get one if he signs with the chowds.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Green
    #1. No he doesn't.

#2. Even if he did, he won't get one if he signs with the chowds.

Up for some smack are ya

JetsFan2012
    Vinny, you're breaking my heart.

Veteran
    I think we see Vinny at Jets training camp this Summer!...On the other side of the fence standing with us...

All League
    Here's the deal, at least as I see it.

You need at least 4 arms in traininng camp, so the QBs don't get over used. Right now the Pats have only 3 and one of them is UDFA who went 2-9 last season at a 1AA school. So on one hand the Pats clearly have to sign another QB. Vinnie still has a major league arm, and knows the staff and the offense, and has something to offer to the younger QBs.

On the other hand, the Pats have more NFL quality players on their roster than they have roster spots. I DON'T think the Pats will want to give up a roster spot to a guy who will most likey will never see the field, except to kneel down. Brady has NEVER missed a start as it is, and Cassell is developing into a pretty nice back up (at least that's how it looks in the pre season). Certainly better than Rohan Davey.

So I think the Pats will have Brady, Cassell, Vinnie, and the RUDFA in for training camp. Come September 1, they put Guttierez on the PS, to run the scout team, and cut Vinnie. They will call Vinnie, if Brady actually does go down, or if a roster spot opens up later in the year due to injuries.

They've carried just 2 QBs before, and I think that THEY believe that that roster spot would be better used on a player who can help on special teams, or an extra DB for depth.

BTW-the kid Guttierez is an interesting prospect, but IMHO he's a multi year project. I think he only really had 1 year of extensive playing experience, though he was one of the highest rated QBs in the country coming out of HS

Practice Squad
    When Vinny came back to the jets when chad went down, I loved the idea, big time supporter, I actually saw his first start back...and lets be honest everybody at the stadium loved it too...all us fans ate it up, but when he goes to the pats, who he had no ties to except that limp **** bellichick, it kind of irked me but i still had a soft spot for him. After reading this...it just infuriates me. I dont want to hear "I was a jets fan growing up, my dream was to play for the jets." Bull****! If he was starting or in the middle of his carrear and went to the pats i could be ok with that but when he has no shot at starting and his carrear is done i just dont understand it. Enjoy it on the dark side vin and expect a lot of boos from us jets fans everytime we see you.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan110
    When Vinny came back to the jets when chad went down, I loved the idea, big time supporter, I actually saw his first start back...and lets be honest everybody at the stadium loved it too...all us fans ate it up, but when he goes to the pats, who he had no ties to except that limp **** bellichick, it kind of irked me but i still had a soft spot for him. After reading this...it just infuriates me. I dont want to hear "I was a jets fan growing up, my dream was to play for the jets." Bull****! If he was starting or in the middle of his carrear and went to the pats i could be ok with that but when he has no shot at starting and his carrear is done i just dont understand it. Enjoy it on the dark side vin and expect a lot of boos from us jets fans everytime we see you.
    what a joke.

The man still has the ability and desire to go out and make good money PLAYING A GAME. This is his living. And he also enjoys it. And once it's over, it's over forever. But you're saying he should pass on the opportunity, retire before he has to or wants to, because it upsets YOU? gimme a break.

Vinny -- more power to you, old boy.
    Last edited by gaffneycatch; 05-23-2007 at 09:59 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Well you never know, it the Pats actually have some bad luck at that position like the Jets did a couple years ago Vinnie might be your starter.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch
    what a joke.

The man still has the ability and desire to go out and make good money PLAYING A GAME. This is his living. And he also enjoys it. And once it's over, it's over forever. But you're saying he should pass on the opportunity, retire before he has to or wants to, because it upsets YOU? gimme a break.

Vinny -- more power to you, old boy.
    Agreed, play till you drop.

All Pro
    This guy is ruining his legacy by the minute.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside
    This guy is ruining his legacy by the minute.
    There was a legacy?

Banned
    What's he doing there? Cookin up a pot of Ragu?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Stupid Stupid chowd!!! Vinny wants a ring. Vinny does not want a ring for sitting on the bench for the F*cking Chowds!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    There was a legacy?
    Could've fooled me.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    There was a legacy?

Absolutely - Highest quality character ever to put on a Patriots uniform and best straight QB in Pats history.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    Vinny, you're breaking my heart.
    So what's changed since 1999?

SAR I